Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:25 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I think I know the poster she is talking about...........there are nuts on both sides of the spectrum...........
I know exactly who the poster is and I don't believe a thing he says. Said poster posts Infowars as if it is fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 12:32 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I think I know the poster she is talking about...........there are nuts on both sides of the spectrum...........

yeah, I wouldn't know of any school today that would allow that.....

now, years ago, we had gun club in school, and kids were allowed to bring their rifles to school on the bus....but the rules were very strict....they were not allowed to be loaded, and as soon as they arrived at school they took them right to the leader of the gun club...

but honestly Jeff, I don't know of any kid that would even think of shooting other kids when we were growing up....it was just different times.

Now I do know of an accident that happened....but that was one kid.

I just read the kid in Ohio, went into the bathroom and shot himself.
They left all the kids go home.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Schools on lockdown after student shot himself in Ohio - Story | WTXF

It was a self inflicted wound, he took a gun to school????

Unbelievable, and yet, this isn't a parenting problem, this isn't a mental illness problem.

I tell you, if we'd have taken guns to school, we'd have gotten killed. These kids fear no consequence.

Buy hey, take away the guns.

Now, what kid of gun was this? Why we should outlaw this one to...right?

A middle school student?

It's the kids, who are deficient...why? What did he plan to do with the gun in school? Think about it?

A middle school student?

If he had had to walk thru a metal detector, with an armed guard there, they would have found this gun....

Thank God he didn't shoot anyone else.
I bet if there was a $500 fine for not keeping your gun securely locked up, that kid would never have gotten his hands on it.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I bet if there was a $500 fine for not keeping your gun securely locked up, that kid would never have gotten his hands on it.
ya start getting real strict with parents, and in turn they get strict with their kids.....

that is the way it was with us.

after paying enough fines, I bet the parents wise up?

Old 02-20-2018, 12:44 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:

yeah, I wouldn't know of any school today that would allow that.....

now, years ago, we had gun club in school, and kids were allowed to bring their rifles to school on the bus....but the rules were very strict....they were not allowed to be loaded, and as soon as they arrived at school they took them right to the leader of the gun club...

but honestly Jeff, I don't know of any kid that would even think of shooting other kids when we were growing up....it was just different times.

Now I do know of an accident that happened....but that was one kid.

I just read the kid in Ohio, went into the bathroom and shot himself.
They left all the kids go home.
Our school was like that in the 60's hardly anyone even talked about shooting another student. However with that being said,had a classmate who went to a larger town on weekends....... hung with a "gang" he came to school one Monday and we helped him pick some buck shot out of his stomach. few instances like that but definitely not some picked on psyco who wanted to wipe out the school...............

Old 02-20-2018, 12:45 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

Or you can be a parent and teach your child the importance of a gun and there is no "reset" button if you shoot someone.

I have 2 loaded pistols in the house, my son (16) knows where they both are, he does not touch them, why you ask, because I taught him. I also pay attention to my son, I know when he is in a bad mood...how things are going at school, you know, that parenting thing....

Old 02-20-2018, 12:46 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
ya start getting real strict with parents, and in turn they get strict with their kids.....

perhaps another of a combination of things that would help.........

Old 02-20-2018, 12:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
am I missing something? Are kids allowed to take guns to school....
BentBow's are. He has used his wisdom to decide he is smarter than the SCOTUS, and has deemed current US Law Unconstitional. He sent his children to school packing. And is proud of it.

My intent here is not just to call him out. It's more along the lines of exposing your (and mine, up until a few hours ago) naivete to think that those advocating for 2A rights were usually practitioners of safety and abiders of the law. We know better now.

On the law abiding scale, those who bring concealed handguns to school rank just below unarmed people that sell drugs on school. At least an innocent child has to play a part in buying drugs. They just have to show up to AP Math or English to be shot by an errant bullet though.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:

S*** rolls downhill, at least that's what I was taught...

Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
S*** rolls downhill, at least that's what I was taught...
many times I've mentioned, "The good ol' Days" and people become extremely offended, angry, or mock.
I remember my generation doing it to older folks, and I thought, "Yanno, I've learned so many things from my Pop pop, who was 107 when he passed away. Too bad I was cocky and didn't talk to him more and write his stories down. But more times than not, I'd ponder why cocky young people "think" they know more than older people, and why are older people treated so disrespectful by the young, especially when someday, they to will be old?

My point is, the corruption I've seen grow in this country is pathetic....yet, people deny, and continually vote in these corrupt politicians, and then they whine, "ohhhhh I don't listen to the news, it's too disturbing", then they walk into a voting booth, pull that lever, and feel their jobs are done for another 4 years, knowing nothing but voting for their party...b/c their parents were, or voting for a woman, b/c they want women in, or voting for their party for fear of being disloyal to self. And that is the shame of it all.

what parents do not realize, when they're young, is, you talk about S*** rolling downhill, how kids, sit back and inhale everything about they're parents. EVERYTHING! or NOTHING!

I remember my parents sitting around on the porch talking about how things were changing, and how awful it was....

Change is Inevitable, as is our planets evolve, so do we....lots of change is exceptionally good, but other changes are not so good, and yet, people never learn from history, and more and more I'm seeing people who just simply want to be right, disregarding what it true...?

Kids need structure, they need "both" parents, they need many adults to observe and take from...they need firm discipline...spanking is not beating a child....you can't be your child's best friend...until they've grown....until then, parents have a huge responsibility...to teach, and train, and set example so that those future leaders of America, will grow up to be responsible good parents. However, something happened along the way, that is and had been extremely dangerous. Which is corroding our entire nation....and it's coming at us from both sides, there is not one side worse than the other....and yet, no one seems to ask the right questions, why?

Kids no longer fear a consequence for their actions....b/c they are watching and learning from their parents.
A guy followed me home last evening with a kid in the car...he was all over the road, talking on the phone, not paying attention. His arms were whirling around, must have been a very important phone call. At one point he slammed on his breaks to keep from hitting me. I pulled over and left him drive by....

And he is the reason his kid will grow up disrespecting the laws, cops, other rules in other homes....
perhaps someday, taking a gun to school....

and yet, Hell, Ban the guns....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-21-2018 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies