Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Life expectancy in Atoka County, Ok is 73.98 24th highest out of the 77 counties according to this chart

OKLAHOMA MALE LIFE EXPECTANCY BY COUNTY

That said how in the world do you get the average age of death is 36?
Because they throw lies out there often enough until they actually believe them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 10:00 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Case in point: Atoka County, Oklahoma where average age at death is 36. Life expectancy in San Francisco is 79.
What an insanely dishonest post. Flipping from average age of death to life expectancy.

Why are you intentionally trying to mislead people?

Basically, if you have to resort to stuff like this, you're comments are just garbage.

(THe Atoka life expectancy is up near San Frans fyi)

Old 02-22-2018, 12:43 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
I amazed that some here found out that the ones that are sh*tting in the streets are republicans and/or red staters.

Is that data in the census?

Old 02-22-2018, 01:17 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
I admit as a Conservative that the San Fran bashing gets old and to me, the fact that prices are so high to live there demonstrates its desirability. It is a bit funny that they do all these crazy things there though....I think they have to keep their crazy stuff going to prevent Seattle trumping their lunacy.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:49 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I amazed that some here found out that the ones that are sh*tting in the streets are republicans and/or red staters.

Is that data in the census?
Dam Republicans leaving their evil red states to poop on the streets of SF

Old 02-24-2018, 11:57 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
The link is 3.5 years old

Old 02-24-2018, 11:58 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
It's pretty bad there that's for sure. I was in the Civic Center area a few months ago and couldn't believe the difference walking one block could make. BART smelled awful too. I've decided that working in SF for 10 years and visiting for over 30 more was enough for me and I don't need to go back any time soon.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:35 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Life expectancy in Atoka County, Oklahoma is 73.98 24th highest out of the 77 counties according to this chart

OKLAHOMA MALE LIFE EXPECTANCY BY COUNTY

That said how in the world do you get the average age of death is 36?
From a speech an Oklahoma legislator gave last summer on the subject of drugs and criminal justice. He said:

"I checked the statistical data for Atoka County the other day. Average age of death--36. One of the big problems is people OD. It's not like everybody is dying down there, but when you got 18 and 19 year olds dying on overdoses, then it typically brings your numbers down quite a bit. Or I'm going to assume that is what it is. I haven't really studied it."

Maybe there is a big difference between how you arrive at life expectancy and average age at death.

I should add that he admitted to smoking train loads of pot while young. LOL That's living proof there that banning pot doesn't work.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:13 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
San Francisco is such a craphole, one of the richest cities in the entire world with great employment opportunities.... but wait, there's one easily avoidable neighborhood where homeless people poop on the sidewalk. That makes it literally the worst place in the country and I'd rather die than set foot in it. I do not have the skills to ever be able to live there but in my jealous rage I obsessively post about it on the internet.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What an insanely dishonest post. Flipping from average age of death to life expectancy.

Why are you intentionally trying to mislead people?

Basically, if you have to resort to stuff like this, you're comments are just garbage.

(THe Atoka life expectancy is up near San Frans fyi)
From a speech an Oklahoma legislator gave last summer on the subject of drugs and criminal justice. He said:

"I checked the statistical data for Atoka County the other day. Average age of death--36. One of the big problems is people OD. It's not like everybody is dying down there, but when you got 18 and 19 year olds dying on overdoses, then it typically brings your numbers down quite a bit. Or I'm going to assume that is what it is. I haven't really studied it."

Maybe there is a big difference between how you arrive at life expectancy and average age at death.

I should add that he admitted to smoking train loads of pot while young. LOL That's living proof there that banning pot doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies