Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 09:13 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Remember, you support the party that doesn't believe in regulations. Your guy ran on removing regulations.
Conservatives believe in regulations, just as light touch as possible and as few as we can get by with, so as not to impose an undue burden on the people.

Your party supports more regulations no matter what, even if they are bad regulations, which they frequently are. That is bad for our country, and no honest person will even try to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 09:13 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What Twitter message specifically influenced your vote?
Speaking only for myself, since I do not have and do not want a Twitter account, I can quite honestly say: NONE!
I also never watch political YouTube videos, so none of them influenced my vote.
I am on FaceBook, but my circle of "friends" is very limited, so no influence there, either.
In fact, the main thing that influenced my vote(s) was an intense dislike for the clintons. ALL of them! The second thing that influenced my vote(s) was an intense dislike for the entire democrat party.
The third thing was a desire to avoid voting for any incumbent.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:14 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Answering for me is something that could be labeled as a fake post.
Not when the post accurately encapsulates the narrative you have been spewing, it couldn't.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That has nothing to do with it. It's a worldwide platform. How can the US hold any foreigner responsible? Send in the Special Forces to capture them and bring them back here? Again, post the international law, or ANY law for that matter that says any of this is illegal. If you find one then Mueller has a bigger job ahead of him than he thinks he does. There will be thousands of Mexican Nationals, journalists and politicians to be indicted and prosecuted.
You are confusing the logistical feasibility of hauling the defendant into Court with the legality of indicting them for a crime codified in statute. Like I said, a box of Apple Jacks.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Don't care for their editorial policy? Quit the Twit.

I agree.

Twitter has been identified as one of the main targets (unwitting) of a sophisticated and illegal propaganda operation, run by a St. Petersburg troll farm, that is Kremlin linked. It is certainly understandable that it would take steps to distance itself from this. By weeding out more than 50,000 accounts that it identified as being linked to Russia and its operatives, and notifying nearly 700,000 users who interacted with these accounts, Twitter is attempting to make its service "safer and healthier for all".

A company attempting to remove malicious and fake accounts from its service is a bad thing? Trying to distance itself from becoming a platform for false, misleading and hateful information is unacceptable? Trying to tamp down abusive and hate speech is negative?

I say thanks to this company for being civic minded, finally!

Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Maybe they found it amusing? Many celebrity accounts are not run by that celebrity.
Or maybe they just followed it because it supported their preconceived notions. Vanity will get you in trouble like that.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Oh good. Now Hillary can run again since they won’t be there to swing the election.
Quote:
Nobody was duped. Hillary was simply an awful candidate. Did Russians plant fake yard signs that caused McGovern to lose so bad?
Same two posters making the same intentionally obtuse argument, the obvious fallacy of which has been explained to them multiple times. Its as if they cannot comprehend how to frame a fact pattern or digest an explanation about what the Russians actually did.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:20 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Answering for me is something that could be labeled as a fake post.
Since you aren't answering, are we to assume that silence implies consent?

Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Same two posters making the same intentionally obtuse argument, the obvious fallacy of which has been explained to them multiple times. Its as if they cannot comprehend how to frame a fact pattern or digest an explanation about what the Russians actually did.

It’s not an obtuse observation

Libs here are flat out saying Russian bots stole the election from Hillary

Old 02-22-2018, 09:22 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This isn't about Hillary or the election. It's about fake accounts from 2018, 15 months after the election. Looking forward, they are trying to lock down current and future Russian meddling. Not just election meddling, but meddling with democracy. This is something that's fallen on deaf ears in the WH. At least private enterprise is trying to fix it.
Given the adversary they are not going to fix this without causing major problems for the regular person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies