Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 03:28 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,805,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
OK, here's the full copy of Gates' plea. It begins on page 23.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/23/170454...-investigation

Not only does he admit to lying about the meeting with Rohrabacher, on the last page it says that he prepared a summary of the discussion with Rohrabacher for Ukrainian leadership. So, sounds like Mueller had that count pretty locked up.

Remember: after Yanukovych was shipped off to Russia, the Ukraine government formed a National Anti-Corruption Bureau which came across the financial records showing Manafort was being paid through secret accounts. So, perhaps they also found other documents, such as memos to Yanukovych and perhaps records from Yanukovych to Putin that implicated Manafort and Gates. Who knows? Maybe Manafort and Gates were stupid enough to just CC Putin.
Under paragraph 8, Gates has agreed to testify against Trump in an impeachment hearing. He also agreed to give the emails to Alfa Bank son in-law van der Zwaan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:50 PM

In the charges the Party of Regions is mentioned. This is the party sponsored by Ukrainian Oligarch Firtash who received billions of dollars from Putin via Gazprom.

Firtash is my leading guess for Person A within the charges agreed to by van der Zwaan.

Gates, while working for Trump campaign, was trying to reach Person A to exchange borscht recipes.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:53 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I don't care about Manafort and Gates. If they broke the law they have to deal with it. Nothing to do with Trump, thank God.
These two helped to destroy Ukraine and put Yanukovych in power and jail his opponents but you don't care. There are a few other things besides Trump, I am glad they are being held accountable for their actions.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:56 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,707,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...al-case-419685

It appears that new charges in the Manafort case may have been filed. Im guessing Gates has flipped and we are seeing the first results of that information.

Mueller seems to be accelerating the pace as of late

As a regular Joe I don't care. This stuff does not keep my knickers bunched up in a knot a night. At this point what difference does it even make??????

Old 02-23-2018, 03:58 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
As a regular Joe I don't care. This stuff does not keep my knickers bunched up in a knot a night. At this point what difference does it even make??????
If u don't care then why post?

Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,306,729 times
Default Gates pleads guilty; Manafort faces new charge; Manafort rips Gates

Like sand in the hourglass; so go the days of our lives.

Paul Manafort is extremely put out with former associate Rick Gates after Gates plead guilty and agreed to cooperate with Mueller. Then Manafort was hit with an additional charge. Not a good day for Paul Manafort.

Paul Manafort rips Rick Gates after he flipped in Russia investigation - Business Insider

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/...o-12703396.php

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...guilty-n849256

Last edited by Bureaucat; 02-23-2018 at 04:34 PM..

Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 PM

Charge 14 mentions a group of former senior European politicians who Gates and Manafort arranged to lobby for Ukraine.

They were paid $2 million for supposedly independent recommendations.

These politicians are liable for FARA and illegal money received.

Who were they?

Old 02-23-2018, 04:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Oh
Is that the new mantra for the Trump supporters?
Nanny, nanny boo boo...
Trump's going down...

Old 02-23-2018, 04:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Apparently he has forgotten that the judge ordered him not to talk to the press....and yet here he is doing that.

Judge warns Manafort: Gag order 'applies to you' - ABC News

Theres the judge warning him that it applies to him....just 3 months ago. This man is not the brightest.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:03 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
Just heard on Nicole Wallace show that Gates came through with info that Manafort paid former European politicians to lobby for the Ukranian party in the US and in Europe
This is getting down and dirty fast---
This is a separate charge from ther earlier additional charges placed against Manafort
I guess his popping off when Gates's plea deal came out today and Manafort kind of shook his finger at him for cooperating vs fighting the charges...
I wonder who is paying for Manafort's legal costs
Supposedly he has run out of money
One reason he was selling influence to the guy who wanted to be Sec of the Army

Mueller is also charging Gates with lying to the FBI during his proffer session--what I suspected made some of his original legal team ask to speak with the judge and withdraw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies