Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:56 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times

Advertisements

An excellent perspective from someone who "but for the grace of god go I".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-...uns/ar-BBJo5lc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 09:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Very sobering.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:10 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Good for him, but it doesn't give him, my local/state/federal government, or anyone else the right to forcibly take my civil liberties away.

And Harris/Klebold were the same tortured outcasts, and they didn't have access to semiautomatic rifles, as their crimes took place during the 1994-2004 Assault Weapon Ban period. Turns out 9mm pistols and homemade explosives were sufficient.

The Va Tech shooter didn't use a semiautomatic rifle either. Turns out, evil people with skulls full of busted wires make due with whatever they can get their hands on. Still doesn't give anyone the right to take away my civil liberties.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:15 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Good for him, but it doesn't give him, my local/state/federal government, or anyone else the right to forcibly take my civil liberties away.

And Harris/Klebold were the same tortured outcasts, and they didn't have access to semiautomatic rifles, as their crimes took place during the 1994-2004 Assault Weapon Ban period. Turns out 9mm pistols and homemade explosives were sufficient.

The Va Tech shooter didn't use a semiautomatic rifle either. Turns out, evil people with skulls full of busted wires make due with whatever they can get their hands on. Still doesn't give anyone the right to take away my civil liberties.
So you don’t think those killers would have used an semiautomatic weapon if they had access to one?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
So you don’t think those killers would have used an semiautomatic weapon if they had access to one?

They did...the Hi Point 995 Carbine ,and Tec 9 ,which function no differently than an AR. They are just chambered in 9mm. As you were saying.....

Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
An excellent perspective from someone who "but for the grace of god go I".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-...uns/ar-BBJo5lc
It's scary that anyone would believe this is real.

The good thing is that most people recognize that this is just anti-gun agenda at it's worst.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:26 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Quote:
Dylan -- Intratec TEC-DC9 (9-mm semi-automatic handgun) attached to a strap slung over his shoulder (under coat), Savage 311-D 12-gauge double-barrel shotgun (barrel sawed down to approximately 23 inches, initially half-hidden in Dylan's cargos).

Eric -- 10-shot Hi-Point model 995 carbine rifle on a strap (under coat), Savage-Springfield 67H 12-gauge pump shotgun he called 'Arlene' (named after a Doom character - initially in one of the duffels carried to the top of the grassy knoll -- stock and barrel sawed off, reducing the entire gun to 26 inches).
http://acolumbinesite.com/weapon.php

A rifle was used at Columbine. The Clinton gun ban accomplished nothing. And the 12ga shotgun is far more devistating at short range than any rifle.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:31 AM

776 posts, read 956,118 times
Is this too simple ?

Lock the doors. Entry by one door only , all students have to use it. Armed guard at the one entrance door.

Fire doors only open when fire alarm is triggered. Fire doors only open outward.

No adults allowed in the school, except teachers and administration staff. Parents can meet/pick up kids at a specified point on the school grounds. Deliveries to the school have to be scheduled a day ahead of time, with a specific delivery time.

XXX.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:33 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
The last gun bans weren't really bans at all. It also didn't address existing firearms.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:35 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
Is this too simple ?

Lock the doors. Entry by one door only , all students have to use it. Armed guard at the one entrance door.

Fire doors only open when fire alarm is triggered. Fire doors only open outward.

No adults allowed in the school, except teachers and administration staff. Parents can meet/pick up kids at a specified point on the school grounds. Deliveries to the school have to be scheduled a day ahead of time, with a specific delivery time.

XXX.
Pretty much describes our campuses here in San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies