Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 06:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The NRA is too powerful, when it dictates to our leaders about laws."

Dictate?

Show me any of the thousands of lobbyist that do not try to influence what politicians do.

THAT is what lobbyist are for.

"not buying the majority of leaders so they can support ( fill in the balnk of) ANY organization you can think of that give money to politicians.

If you are going diminish the NRA , why stop there? How about the Union lobbyist, the NEA is NOTHING BUT a lobbyist organization that protect bad teaches for bring fired, etc.

Be VERY careful what you wish for.
Yep. We should destroy the Auto lobby and anyone who takes their money as their product has killed way more than any gun year over year AND is, and has been used as a weapon of terror.

The NRA is NOTHING compared to the Auto lobby!

Common sense restrictions of trucks and cars NOW before another is driven down the sidewalk killing people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 06:39 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The Supreme Court said we can regulate the heck out of guns if we choose to do so. The 2nd isn`t what you think it is.
The next firearm case that makes it to the Supreme Court will be interesting...... especially if it involves the AR platform as the weapons are definitely in "common usage" now.

Last edited by FL IRON; 02-27-2018 at 06:58 AM..

Old 02-27-2018, 06:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I wonder how many Delta employees and how many GA residents plan to vote out their state legislatures that are taking sides with the NRA because the NRA donates to their campaigns.
Probably not many...... I doubt any but the most rabid will give a damn to be honest. Companies like the airlines have to dump anything that causes or could cause controversy as their reputations SUCK so badly just from their own actions,crappy service,horrible product and poor customer relations. They don't need anymore help destroying their brand, they do it well enough on their own...

Old 02-27-2018, 06:41 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I wonder how many Delta employees and how many GA residents plan to vote out their state legislatures that are taking sides with the NRA because the NRA donates to their campaigns.
I would think that in Georgia it would be the opposite.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
FEDEX will not get a single dime from me when they support the NRA.
I agree, I have alternatives.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:57 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry, Snopes isn't credible.
Yes it is!

Deflection is dishonest.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:06 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
I would think that in Georgia it would be the opposite.
It will be, especially in area not in the ATL metro just as always. Folks like me only use Delta because it's the most convenient out of Hartsfield. It's sure not the most economical, with or without any discounts. Delta told the State Legislature (whether one is to believe it or not is up to you) that the reason they pulled out of the NRA discount was not to side with anything any more that can be seen as political. Wondering what other groups get discounts if any......

Old 02-27-2018, 07:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
All these companies are just being politically correct, and it's disgusting... in the sense that they are only doing this in response to one school shooting which is getting a lot of attention.

They should have ended discounts and cut ties back during Columbine.

Even more disgusting is that all these companies were waiting around to see which company would cut ties first, and THEN they all sighed and lowered their heads, reluctantly jumping on the anti-NRA bandwagon.

It's all phony.

No worries though. NRA discounts will be back soon after this blows over and short term memory fades.
Right... What to me is far more disgusting is the defense of Wayne LaPierre's "evolving" on guns in schools. In May 1999 right after Collumbine High School got shot up the chairman of the NRA stated he don't want guns in schools. Compare this to now when he complains that we need to arm teachers 19 years and what 200 cases of school shootings later including Virginia Tech, Newtown and Parkland? Also the NRA's shift in just a year from allowing more mentally unfit people to own guns due to Obama regulation to now a year later after another school shooting to finally want mentally unfit people to not own.

Due to the nature of what the NRA has become since Collumbine, I can't say I can support any company that does business with them. I am glad many have dumped them. Until FedEx wakes up and realize that they are giving discounts to blood money to flip-flopping hypocrites, I can't in good conscience support them as a conpany.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So Delta dumps the NRA. Now Georgia is threating to stop tax benefits to Delta on jet fuel. What I think would be funny is if Delta said 'Guess what, our main asset is jets. You know what jets can do? Fly. We can move them anywhere. Sure we have been in GA since 1941 but guess what? We are moving our hub to Raleigh Durham, Charlotte, Jacksonville, anywhere but GA. With 80,000 employees worldwide and 33,000 in Georgia, good luck with your unemployment lines."
Delta is welcome to move their headquarter to MN! We will not impinge on Delta's right to free speech!

Georgia Republicans threaten to stop Delta tax break over NRA decision - Feb. 26, 2018

BTW, this is an example how the NRA rules over our law makers and over us!

Shame on those Republicans in GA! You have shown who is in your pocket and you will look the other way when our children are being slaughtered for those kickbacks!

Old 02-27-2018, 08:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree that Delta could move its hub, with devastating effect to Georgia.

However, in the scheme of things, I doubt that losing this 50 million dollar jet fuel tax break would be enough to make Delta make such a move. The new lower corporate tax rate will also offset such.
Other states can give tax breaks to Delta, MN would be happy to have them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies