Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Any true NEWS source whether it be CNN or Fox.... should NOT be biased and give equal time to covering both sides of the issue.
I agree. I wish all news sources would be more careful to do this. I think that NPR comes as close as any. I know that conservatives probably seen NPR as liberal, but I listen to NPR a lot and I have personally heard conservatives speaking out on NPR in favor or their own positions, so even if the NPR personalities tend to be liberal, they do make a conscious effort to present conservative views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 09:56 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Great post moneill and a rep for you.

I quote from the first sentence in the article " the latest push to expand or FORTIFY gun control laws seems destined for a recognizable end." Trump and the republican's said it wasn't time to talk about reform after the last mass shooting before Florida's needless slaughter. Well now it is time to talk about it because people have had enough of complicit killing. Anyone that tries to spin this into some thing else is reprehensible and supporting complicity.

It is time for change. It is time for compromise. This is not the wild west. This is a civilized society and we need to learn to act as such.

Here's a parallel. Young drivers have a disproportionate amount of accidents. Cars are dangerous. What do we do? We put restrictions on new drivers so that they can't have any young passengers that aren't family with them for the first 6 months of driving and they can only drive between the hours of 5am and 11pm.

In Ireland the restrictions are harder. You can not drive over 45 mph for two years after obtaining a license. In the UK , Australia, New Zealand and Ireland you can't have any passengers under the age of 25 for two years vs our 6 month restriction. There is a point system. You lose your license if you get 6 points vs the normal 12 points.

"We welcome common sense approach..." Maybe it's time we stop trolling, inflaming, and diminishing mass shootings as just part of our society and do something about it. It's past ridiculous at this point. It's time for change.

If some of you are indignant because you might be slightly inconvenienced over some new restrictions? Too bad. Lives are more important then your selfishness. We all need to take a cue from a more civilized society that tried to stem the 400 + people who died a year in the UK as new drivers. Yeah, they have been inconvenienced for two years, but at least it gave a lot of them the two years that their counter parts did not have. I'll bet each one of them would say that it was worth it.

It's time for change here with gun control. Enough is finally enough. Lets do something about it.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:09 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
We already have gun control. No fully autos and no purchases under 18. You're saying you want more?
Uh full auto legal to own. Want one?

Old 02-28-2018, 10:54 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's not what this article is about at all.

You just make stuff up - or you have serious reading comprehension disabilities.

It states very clearly why gun controls fails.

You might read it again -- dictionary in hand -- ask your child ot help or go to the high school and have a high school student prepare a summary of what the article actually says.
Shhhh honey.... Go outside and scream at the sky, the adults are talking now .

The mass media fails to convince anyone because they are arrogant and have been caught lying OVER and OVER and over. They are using a tragedy, copious amounts of tired old-school propaganda and underhanded efforts to silence contrary views in a obvious campaign convince America that we need to get rid of a catagory of gun that is only used in 2% of gun crimes.

Mass Shootings are horrible and need to be opposed but the actual danger of being subject to one is astronomically small.

Don't be a fool and give up even a tiny piece of your freedom and autonomy in exchange for promises of safety from a remote danger you will likely never face anyway.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
So are you suggesting that gun owners should rise up in arms and kill people who advocate for background checks, etc.?

I'd also like to hear you address the situation in Vermont. If your child was on the guy's list of students to be killed, what would you personally do about the guy? Would you say that gun shop owners should go ahead and legally sell him guns?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/vermont...ing-1519339952
Actually.... YES!
You people are a threat to liberty.

There is no authorization to know. It is none of the government business or even me to disallow you to protect yourself.
Back ground checks on us, because government has let the insane run the asylum.
If you walk the earth freely, no one can deny you a weapon. Only death or incarceration removes your god given rights. They do not come from me, you or any man or collective of men.

My daughter packed heat to her illegal alien overrun HS since she was 16. She bought her own .38 to take hog hunting as a sidearm, but I did not deny her her full rights to be able to protect herself. At Parkland, she would have been the only one returning fire... I guarantee that! and head & hitting mass every pull. and today in college right now, she has it in her belly band.

We cannot legislate out evil.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-28-2018 at 11:23 AM..

Old 02-28-2018, 12:49 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
So are you suggesting that gun owners should rise up in arms and kill people who advocate for background checks, etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actually.... YES!
I see. But someone who would advocate the killing of 70% of the American population is not a threat to liberty?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:25 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Our own 2nd amendment does not authorize you to vote my rights away. Try, you die.
You people are a threat to me, my family and my property.
No one is trying to take your guns away and yet thousands of people lose their lives to gun fire. So either way, people will die so BentBow can continue his hobby. Talk about entitlement.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:32 PM

462 posts, read 550,302 times
Quote:
Actually.... YES!

There is no authorization to know. It is none of the government business or even me to disallow you to protect yourself.
Back ground checks on us, because government has let the insane run the asylum.
If you walk the earth freely, no one can deny you a weapon. Only death or incarceration removes your god given rights. They do not come from me, you or any man or collective of men.

My daughter packed heat to her illegal alien overrun HS since she was 16. She bought her own .38 to take hog hunting as a sidearm, but I did not deny her her full rights to be able to protect herself. At Parkland, she would have been the only one returning fire... I guarantee that! and head & hitting mass every pull. and today in college right now, she has it in her belly band.

We cannot legislate out evil.

This guy is scary........

Old 02-28-2018, 01:59 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1914endoftheworld View Post
Just watched the stupid idiot who said "full semi auto" and this idiot was an army officer. Oh lord help us. LMAO. Stupid libral tards.
I noticed this too. It's hard to take them seriously when they can't even get the basics right. Basic research will make them be taken seriously, but you can't just not even have any expertise on the matter you're trying to get that you're trying to ban.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:02 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1914endoftheworld View Post
Just watched the stupid idiot who said "full semi auto" and this idiot was an army officer. Oh lord help us. LMAO. Stupid libral tards.
Yep. Or perhaps willfully deceptive.
[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies