Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Baloney. Huge difference between men and women. This is not going to harm this 14 year old. It will be a story he proudly tells his whole life to his closest buddies.

For a 14 year old girl it is outright rape and a horrible thing.

Seriously, you want this young women's life ruined over this? She can't be a teacher, that much is certain.

They need to develop better screening for young females before they are hired. Problem is, there is not a surplus of college grads applying for teaching positions and it's getting worse all the time.

I think this has been going on forever. I think the districts just quietly allowed the women to resign before this crazy social media world was born.
Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 07:27 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Hah, I don't know what a girl wants at 14 but I remember what I wanted LOL.

But yeah I agree. Any man who has a sexual relationship with a 14 year old needs to be taken out and shot. But the female....I don't know. This is DNA and instinct we are talking about here.

I mean she should lose her job but I think that's where it should end.

DNA and instinct? No its hormones and lack of control and bad decision making.

We have lots of natural urges but most people have the ability, discipline and moral compass to suppress those urges when they are illegal, morally or otherwise wrong or destructive.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:31 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

DNA and instinct? No its hormones and lack of control and bad decision making.

We have lots of natural urges but most people have the ability, discipline and moral compass to suppress those urges when they are illegal, morally or otherwise wrong or destructive.
Of course we do which explains why this kind of thing never happens.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:33 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Of course we do which explains why this kind of thing never happens.
What if she becomes pregnant?

Old 03-01-2018, 07:35 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Wow
+1

I literally just said out loud, to myself, "I can't even..." and kept on scrolling.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:37 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Baloney. Huge difference between men and women. This is not going to harm this 14 year old. It will be a story he proudly tells his whole life to his closest buddies.

For a 14 year old girl it is outright rape and a horrible thing.

Seriously, you want this young women's life ruined over this? She can't be a teacher, that much is certain.

They need to develop better screening for young females before they are hired. Problem is, there is not a surplus of college grads applying for teaching positions and it's getting worse all the time.

I think this has been going on forever. I think the districts just quietly allowed the women to resign before this crazy social media world was born.
She needs to be on the sex offender list along with the other scumbags. On the map of sex offenders she would have a special alert on her name because she is a child rapist.

That is what needs to happen.

If that thing touched my kid she would have more to worry about.

As I said, hire older people, loosen the educational requirements and let them test. No one needs a 22 year old Instagram ho for a teacher. Follow a strict curriculum and bring back some kind of decorum in the classroom. Teaching school is not genius level, a lot of it can be done by computers, let a mature adult guide the learning.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 AM

If one of these oversexed, immature popular girl wannabe teachers EVER touched one of my sons, I don't even know what I'd do besides go ballistic. It is SUCH an overstep of boundaries and common sense and morality. Its disgusting. And we have people defending it. SMH

Old 03-01-2018, 07:47 AM

Here is a local news article:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/mi...y-deputies-say

She bought the kid pot and a bowl to smoke it from. Picked him at 11 p.m. from his house, encouraging him to sneak out of the house and then brought him home at 1 or 2 in the morning. She had begun grooming him sometime last year, buying him McDonald's and hanging out with him after school. Classic pedophile behavior.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
If an adult did this to my child I would end up in jail regardless of the sex of the child or the adult.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:58 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She needs to be on the sex offender list along with the other scumbags. On the map of sex offenders she would have a special alert on her name because she is a child rapist.

That is what needs to happen.

If that thing touched my kid she would have more to worry about.

As I said, hire older people, loosen the educational requirements and let them test. No one needs a 22 year old Instagram ho for a teacher. Follow a strict curriculum and bring back some kind of decorum in the classroom. Teaching school is not genius level, a lot of it can be done by computers, let a mature adult guide the learning.
No knowledge of teaching I see. Nope it cannot be done by computers. Why? Computers teach all the same. Kids are not all the same.

A large number of teachers, perhaps a majority leave in the first five years of teaching. It is a tough job, requires a lot of specialized knowledge to do well and then they are treated with no respect by parents, administrators and politicians. Most teachers end up needing five years to complete their first degree and student teaching. Then they have continuing education requirements. Not just for fun, it is a highly technical profession and they need to keep up on new developments and discoveries, both in whatever field they are teaching and in the science of teaching itself.

It is not babysitting and you cannot just plug some random person into the job with no training. Even the rare persons who have natural talent for teaching are going to make some colossal blunder along the way. We earn from our mistakes and successes. If no one tells you about the past mistakes and successes, you will have no idea how to avoid them or repeat them.

She is not a thing, she is a person with a mental problem. That statement in your post is a horrid thing to say. What kind of person calls a human a "horrid thing" because they have a mental issue? Do you say the same thing about people who have cancer?

Do you somehow think older persons will suddenly be less likely to have mental disorders and no more teacher student sex offenses will occur? There is no distinction between younger and older sex offenders. Sex offenders do not suddenly stop or grow out of it because they age, they just become old sex offenders.

People freak out when I suggest this, but I think there should be video cameras in all the classrooms filming 24/7 or possibly on a motion sensor. If I were a teacher, I would insist on it. It would not provide any help in this case, but it would in many others.

This is not just an overly hormonal young woman looking for sex. She is attractive enough she could bring home a guy every night from the local bar (or two or three if she wanted). She is mentally ill and chose instead to pursue a kid. Yes she should not be teaching - ever. She should probably have a permanent injunction prohibiting her from being around children. But to call her a "thing" or attack her, is as bad as what she is accused of doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies