Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 07:57 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
So I think I'm beginning to get the message, finally...

If you're a right-winger, or you have "right" or conservative inclinations, you highlight the shame in "white guilt".

That would automatically follow that somewhere there exists some "white" theoretical narrative that refutes white guilt and points to white liberals or the "left" for possessing such guilt.

I suspect some kinda white supremacist rhetoric exists along these lines somewhere....
Wow.

Just once, only once, I would like to hear a progressive, after railing on about white privilege and how it horribly impacts the very existence of POC, then admit that yeah, white guilt among white progressives actually exists. Not that they suffer from it themselves, but that it even exists.

Until that happens, no moderate or somebody even slightly right of center will take the white proggies seriously.

Last edited by snebarekim; 03-04-2018 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 08:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I dont think they are terrible people, but I do know that many of them are willfully ignorant.

And yes, many POC find them patronizing, and do not trust them.

Ok, perhaps I'm being harsh. I think many don't understand how dumb they are, so they aren't as bad as the ones that should know better and are expected to employ critical thinking skills.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:30 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Good God....
Things I've learned on this forum...
I'm white (therefore I'm privileged)
I a women (therefore I'm also not privileged and being held down by men according to the pink hat brigade)
I'm a boomer (therefore everything is my fault)

And not one of these things did I choose......boy did my luck suck or what?
The best thing to be in the liberal world today is a black/Hispanic gay transgendered Muslim woman.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:54 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is a stupid experiment .

So if Jeff Bezos or Mark Zuckerberg walked up should they pay thousands of dollars for a plate of Nigerian food because they make or have so much more wealth than the average person ?
Unfortunately, this is pretty much how our tax system works.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:31 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Unfortunately, this is pretty much how our tax system works.
Yep, glad someone pointed that out.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Yep, glad someone pointed that out.
If everyone had to pay the same dollar amount in taxes, one of two things would happen:

A. The lower 50% would have to pay every single dollar they make in taxes and would have nothing left to live on

or

B. Tax revenues would drop so much that the government would go bankrupt and we would descend into a state of anarchy

Old 03-04-2018, 10:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
I think people are crazy for paying $12 for some mashed up fried plantain and some dry rice, let alone $30.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:01 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
White people don't get food stamps?
Percent of adults in each group who have ever received Food stamps:

By race:

Black: 31%
White: 15%

By political affiliation:

Democrat: 22%
Independent: 17%
Republican: 10%

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

Old 03-04-2018, 11:03 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I find it amusing. I'm all for it if it triggers the racially insecure righties.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:06 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So, Whites should be punished because Black parents refuse to provide a stable home environment that instills morals and values like education and work ethic, resulting in an higher high school drop-out rate for Blacks, leading to systemic unemployment or employment in low skilled jobs that pay less?

And Whites should be punished further still, because those Blacks who did graduate have low grade point averages and low SAT/ACT scores and thus did not earn the ability to attend college, leading to lesser paying jobs?
In addition, of the Blacks who DID go to college, they were the most likely group to go to low-quality colleges/universities. Hence, the inequity in pay for what on the surface looks like the same career professions.

African-Americans Most Likely to Attend Low-Quality Colleges | Money - Time.com

Quote:
I don't suppose it occurred to you that Black "Culture" is the biggest obstacle to higher income and wealth.

If Blacks want a piece of the pie, and yes, you have to want it, because no one is going to give it to you, they're going to have to abandon their current Culture.
Agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies