Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 02:20 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Because, as you stated, it was an auto loader. But, is the Browning Auto 5 an automatic firing shotgun? Or is it a recoil operated semi-automatic shotgun? Think real hard now, back to where you were working on it..........
You tell me. All I know is it's called an "Auto".

And no, that is one gun you can't file the sear on. The action is too long to permit fully automatic firing.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:30 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Trump sides with you Leftists on gun control but yet you still find a way to knock him. Basically proves my point I’ve been making all along: you Leftists haters would bash him regardless of what he does, even if he sides with you, you will bash him anyway.
I don't like Trump, but I agree with you. As I have stated in other threads, Trump could have (before the inauguration) printed out Hillary's agenda, followed every bit of it to the nth degree, and the hate for him with some Hillary supporters and others wouldn't have dissipated one iota because he is the PG.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:30 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The Oscar show used to be about glamour, and talent. Great actor and actresses. Great singers, great performances. All of the above is in short supply these days. Hollywood is dying, and we are watching the death throes.

It was a great 100 years or so, but it's over. We're just watching the twitching of the corpse. I have no interest anymore.
A $40 billion global industry is a twitching corpse to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot
I've always found it strange that Hollywood has such plain-looking people.
You'd think beauty would help you get somewhere in Hollywood, but that's certainly not the case when you see boring faces/boring bodies Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone getting the big roles....
Even the voice of Jennifer Lawrence is absolutely disgusting.
Jennifer Lawrence's voice is "disgusting"? WTF?

Old 03-04-2018, 02:33 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

What do you need to know? I'm sure I can help.
Yeah...I got a question for ya, Perfesser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70

Automatic weapons in the hands of idiots and untrained people...
Exactly why does the correspondent quoted above apparently believe that "idiots" and "untrained people" are wandering around with "automatic" weapons? As you no doubt are aware, in most cases, of course, that would be illegal as a matter of federal law (barring full compliance with a rigorous regulatory process already in place), and may further be illegal as a matter of state law depending on the state in question.

So what is this correspondent actually talking about, Perfesser? Could it be he/she simply doesn't know the difference between a firearm capable of fully automatic fire and one that is merely a semi-automatic? What is the deal here, Perfesser?

Old 03-04-2018, 02:40 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
You tell me. All I know is it's called an "Auto".

And no, that is one gun you can't file the sear on. The action is too long to permit fully automatic firing.
So then you actually did not have access to an automatic firearm at Bob Jones university then. Check.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:42 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Yeah...I got a question for ya, Perfesser.

Exactly why does the correspondent quoted above apparently believe that "idiots" and "untrained people" are wandering around with "automatic" weapons? As you no doubt are aware, in most cases, of course, that would be illegal as a matter of federal law (barring full compliance with a rigorous regulatory process already in place), and may further be illegal as a matter of state law depending on the state in question.

So what is this correspondent actually talking about, Perfesser? Could it be he/she simply doesn't know the difference between a firearm capable of fully automatic fire and one that is merely a semi-automatic? What is the deal here, Perfesser?
Fools rush in.....

Old 03-04-2018, 02:43 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Um...pro-gun control doesn't equal anti gun or anti 2nd amendment.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:20 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
NOBODY, outside a small splinter group way out on the fringe, EVER said anything about abolishing the Second Amendment. An awful, awful lot of us own firearms and use them regularly. We are after eliminating a specific class of weapons that should never have been allowed in civilian hands, and that have proved themselves the overwhelming choice of mass shooters.

Will elimination of assault rifles/weapons of war/ "scary black guns" stop all shootings? No. Nobody believes that. What we do know from studying other countries where they have been eliminated is that mass shootings have dropped almost below statistical levels. We want the same results here.

Anyone who has a better idea is welcome to bring it. For those who say "it won't work", how do you know? The United States has never tried anything whatsoever. This will give us a starting point and empirical data to work with.
Keep or repeal the second amendment?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/psmag.c...ndment-already

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0...ww.google.com/

https://www.americamagazine.org/repeal-second-amendment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iQdTwSeRVnEehU

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-arms-20160613

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/27/58906...e-2nd-amedment

Old 03-04-2018, 03:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hollywood will be preaching Gun Control tonight in an even that was once called the Oscar Awards.

They will do this while being protected by 500 officers with yes, you guessed it, guns. (and this doesn't even count the armed private security that many of them enjoy)

Oscars: Celebrities Push Gun Control Surrounded by a Wall of 500 Armed Officers

(and don't cry about this being Breitbart, the LAPD says it is true)
I don’t pay attention to those preening professional pretenders.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:25 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
So then you actually did not have access to an automatic firearm at Bob Jones university then. Check.
Bob Jones had a Thompson M1928A1. Yes, it was fully automatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies