Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 07:15 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times

Advertisements

Heres a recap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwWZkCgNMs

Old 03-05-2018, 07:16 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
He isn't just an ordinary "he touched my boob while pretending to reach for the ketchup" or "he had sex with me when I got blitzed and invited him back to my apartment and took off all my clothes but I didn't want to have sex" rapist, he's an actual Butt Bandit Rapist.

That's pretty much the worst most demeaning kind of rape.
Completely made up horse manure.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:17 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

What this "kidding not kidding" quip reveals is the Homosexual Lobby's agenda to promote their alternative lifestyles as being equal to normal ones. A desire that comes not from a quest for personal freedom, but for an irrational and aggressive desire for control over the thoughts and opinions of other people.

The "Love that dare not speak its name" has become the "love that won't shut up".

Although I consider most of your post a rant, and I found the first sentence above offensive, I confess that I laughed out loud and completely agree with what I bolded. I also agree that many television and movie producers ARE forcing the extreme liberals' view of what is acceptable onto the public. (This is just one of the reasons that I no longer watch current or recent television, but now only watch DVDs.)

Imo, the LGBTQ community HAS received acknowledgment and (mostly) respect from most people who I think have the attitude of "do whatever you want as long as it doesn't negatively affect ME" -- but their almost continual "in your face" strident and loud harping of their sexuality is a turn-off to me. (And, btw, I don't like constant sex of ANY variety in ANY media. For example, I thought "Mad Men" --which was recommended to me by a friend -- was WAY over the top in its fairly graphic portrayal of in its seemingly endless series of extramarital affairs among its characters,, and I got to the point where I would just fast forward through almost all of those sex scenes. Call me old-fashioned, but I think the constant in-your-face sex in both television and movies has gotten so pervasive, that the creators have made sex almost boring, which I think is a shame.)

In short, I think there is just too much emphasis now on sexuality, and I hope that we can eventually get to the point that sexuality -- whether heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual -- will just be accepted as one fairly small part (albeit enjoyable) of life.

Last edited by katharsis; 03-05-2018 at 08:31 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Back to the more traditional whining/bashing from the right wing extremists here I see. OP doesn't get that s/he is Mike Pence. LOL Or, maybe she doth protest too much. Poor thing. Thoughts and prayers.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:23 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Never watched or cared about them. But I’m not surprised that hollywood is losing viewers for goving rapists awards in the name of “diversity.”

Old 03-05-2018, 07:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
How boring that would be. Every female role would be that of a wife or mother who has no life or career of her own outside of supporting her man. Women who stepped outside of these traditional God-mandated conservative roles would suffer horrible consequences, as a lesson to all young girls out there who might have higher aspirations.

Every person of color would be a maid or doorman or a thug, and every bad character would invariably be black or Muslim or whatever the current rightwing boogieman happened to be at any given moment. Gays would be nonexistent or would have horrible things happen to them, again to serve as warning lessons to the pure of heart conservative heterosexuals. Religion would be the backbone of every film, but only Christianity would be portrayed favorably. Any other religion would be demonized.

Even most conservatives wouldn't bother to see these movies.

In short, if Conservatives ran Hollywood there would be no Hollywood.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
What if feminism, LGBT, adultery, multiculturalism, etc were out and patriotism, traditional family, masculinity/true feminity, nationalism, etc were in?

Would you go to the movies more or less?
What ever sells. It's not the movies, it's the entitled stars who think they can relate to the working stiff.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:31 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,735,587 times
You have an odd notion of "cramming down throats." In Hollywood, opinions are expressed. Money is to be made. Free speech and good ol' American capitalism at work. If you want examples of "cramming down throats" then consider the views crammed down our throats 60 years ago: Homosexuality was said to be evil and deviant and was illegal in many states. THAT was crammed down our throats.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How boring that would be. Every female role would be that of a wife or mother who has no life or career of her own outside of supporting her man. Women who stepped outside of these traditional God-mandated conservative roles would suffer horrible consequences, as a lesson to all young girls out there who might have higher aspirations.
Why do you think taking care of the family means so little? Compare how the kids turn out that come from single parent families vs two parent families. Yea motherhood doesn't matter much.

But a commercial about a woman driving around town listening to that obnoxious "this is my fight song" is what it's about, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Every person of color would be a maid or doorman or a thug, and every bad character would invariably be black or Muslim or whatever the current rightwing boogieman happened to be at any given moment. Gays would be nonexistent or would have horrible things happen to them, again to serve as warning lessons to the pure of heart conservative heterosexuals. Religion would be the backbone of every film, but only Christianity would be portrayed favorably. Any other religion would be demonized.

Even most conservatives wouldn't bother to see these movies.

In short, if Conservatives ran Hollywood there would be no Hollywood.
In short progressivism is a known failure which is why there is very little in the way of discussing policy.

It's always about policy.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:35 AM

794 posts, read 1,326,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You should limit yourself to Kirk Cameron movies.

Or, the Hallmark Channel. (Be careful, though, some of the female characters work, own businesses, and have their own opinions but I'm sure she stops all that after the kiss at the end with her prince charming.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies