Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 08:36 AM

1,225 posts, read 606,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LAWL.

You skipped right over the first line.
The early ratings for ABC's telecast of the 90th Oscars are down from last year and may be an all-time audience low.
Right, but not the title of this thread.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I like war movies the best.

I think When done correctly, the very worst parts of humanity can be exalted into some of the most thought-provoking art in the world. Disguising the real terror of war behind a veneer of Hollywood sheen is a disservice to the real men and women who weather the storm in the service of a higher good. The tension of the danger, the brotherhood forged in the thick of battle, the lives laid down to save strangers, even the alienation felt by returning soldiers - they’re all great dramatic fodder in the hands of a talented artist.

My favorites are Hamburger Hill, Letters of Iwo Jima, ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT, and many others. My favorite HBO show is Generation kill.

If conservatives ran Hollywood, I don't think it is going to be different for me. I would like to see more works from conservative film makers about wars though. I like Clint Eastwood's works the best. I think he is a very honest film maker and his works are historically accurate.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
I guess Hollywood has selective amnesia .

Maybe in a few years they’ll forget all about the Weinstein stuff .

Kobe Bryant Cheered at Oscars Despite Rape Case, Seacrest Shunned By Some | TMZ.com

Old 03-05-2018, 08:41 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Interesting that Kobe Bryant won an Oscar considering he raped a young woman years back .

I guess #metoo took a break during that one ?

OP.....change that to alleged rape, to be fair...

Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
OP.....change that to alleged rape, to be fair...
Alleged rape ? He first lied about even having sex with her . She had strangulation marks all over her neck.

He admitted strangling her . Then later he admitted that it was “not consensual “ .. that means rape .

Picture the victim as one of your loved ones . You wouldn’t call Kobe Bryant a rapist?..

He was famous and wealthy at the time anyone else would of been surving many years in jail . We know that for fact .

I guess OJ Simpson was an alleged killer too. Maybe he didn’t do it right ?

Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 AM

Some things people are tweeting about this.

The hypocrisy of Hollywood is backfiring as usual .

Twitter Doesn't Want You To Forget Kobe Bryant's Past
https://www.refinery29.com/2018/03/1...harges-twitter

Old 03-05-2018, 08:48 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Kone is a nasty rapist who got away with it.

Proof that out sick society enables and excuses grotesque behavior by celebrities and millionaire athletes.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:48 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:49 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
What you call America isn't America, it's China (even Russia is more conservative so I cannot even call it Russia). I want the old America back and I'll get it back....one way or the other!
Ok so let me get this straight...

You want an America where Caucasians and African Americans couldn't swim in the same swimming pools? Where they couldn't use the same restrooms or eat in the same restaurants? When African Americans had to sit in the back of the bus?

An America where LGBT individuals had to hide their sexuality, because it was considered a mental illness? Where two consenting adults having intercourse were committing a crime if they were the same gender... yet a man could legally rape his wife?

An America where women were paid significantly less, and in many cases forced out of the workforce when they got married or pregnant?

In a time where pollution was rife, and dumping of contaminants such as uranium leftover from the war, or leftover asbestos, occurred in crowded suburbs, leaving generations of illness in its wake?

Yeah. Ok. You're either a terrible troll or have no clue about history.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Kone is a nasty rapist who got away with it.
Also do you think it’s the only time he did it ? Wonder how many didn’t come forward at all .
A lot of rape is not reported even in the U.S .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies