Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 06:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actually when called out, he said he had a drink.
A drink doesn't make a crazy man.

His behavior yesterday didn't seem to be characteristic of a drunk.

A crazed man yes -- but a drunk -- I don't know.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 06:33 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How can be held in contempt of court when the court didn't issue any orders to him?

Grand jury summons can be ignored. It is just a request for testimony and that is always voluntary. They can get a search warrant if they want to seize what they think he has got....which they don't even know what it is, so GOOD LUCK getting a search warrant describing the things and places to be searched if they don't even know what they ARE in the first place.

If they knew anything they would be asking the other parties in the communication chain, not him. He isn't under investigation.
If he hasn't already done so, he should take a hammer to all his devices, use bitbleach, misplace them, whatever it takes. His testimony should consist of 'I don't recall,' 'I have no memory of that,' 'That was too long ago to remember,' etc..

Old 03-06-2018, 06:35 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How can be held in contempt of court when the court didn't issue any orders to him?

Grand jury summons can be ignored. It is just a request for testimony and that is always voluntary. They can get a search warrant if they want to seize what they think he has got....which they don't even know what it is, so GOOD LUCK getting a search warrant describing the things and places to be searched if they don't even know what they ARE in the first place.

If they knew anything they would be asking the other parties in the communication chain, not him. He isn't under investigation.
I don't exactly how voluntary vs mandatory a subpoena from a Federal grand jury is, but evidently Mr Nunberg has changed his mind last night or this morning.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If he hasn't already done so, he should take a hammer to all his devices, use bitbleach, misplace them, whatever it takes. His testimony should consist of 'I don't recall,' 'I have no memory of that,' 'That was too long ago to remember,' etc..
Why would he do that?

Old 03-06-2018, 06:45 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You mean like Trump did in his racial discrimination case.

Donald Trump

Old 03-06-2018, 06:50 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
I didn't see any of these nunberg interviews which were all over the tv apparently all day, but have read he admitted to taking anti-depressant medication, was accused of having alcohol on his breath by one interviewer, and allowed to rant about 2nd or 3rd hand gossip on several major networks.

can the press sink any lower by taking advantage of an obviously mentally distressed person? the more I read about this the more disgusted I become at our 'journalists'. they are lower than a snake's belly.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:02 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I didn't see any of these nunberg interviews which were all over the tv apparently all day, but have read he admitted to taking anti-depressant medication, was accused of having alcohol on his breath by one interviewer, and allowed to rant about 2nd or 3rd hand gossip on several major networks.

can the press sink any lower by taking advantage of an obviously mentally distressed person? the more I read about this the more disgusted I become at our 'journalists'. they are lower than a snake's belly.
And other interviewers said he did not smell of alcohol on showed any signs of it. Katie Tur who has interviewed him alot says this is his character.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:02 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Quote:

can the press sink any lower by taking advantage of an obviously mentally distressed person? the more I read about this the more disgusted I become at our 'journalists'. they are lower than a snake belly.
Louise Mensch said something along your line. Apparently in England you can get in trouble as a journalist.

Louise Mensch
@LouiseMensch 11h
Replying to @SylviaDonoghue3 @SBHM_G
I’m worried about him. In the UK, if a broadcaster put a drunk man on a news bulletin the broadcaster would get in trouble “duty of care”. I don’t know if he can be taken into forced medical custody, but I’m only half kidding about praying nothing happens to him

Old 03-06-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Louise Mensch said something along your line. Apparently in England you can get in trouble as a journalist.

Louise Mensch
@LouiseMensch 11h
Replying to @SylviaDonoghue3 @SBHM_G
I’m worried about him. In the UK, if a broadcaster put a drunk man on a news bulletin the broadcaster would get in trouble “duty of care”. I don’t know if he can be taken into forced medical custody, but I’m only half kidding about praying nothing happens to him
I think the problem is that a person is scheduled, then they come in drunk unexpectedly, there is no one else scheduled as a backup. Or possibly it's just not obvious a guest has a problem until they sit under the hot lights of a television studio.

This is a real judgment call for the producers, I don't think it is standard practice to give a blood test or breathalyzer to guests before a show. They would have to act on instinct.

I mean, really, as an example Sarah Palin often gives the impression she is high or disturbed when she is speaking, but any producer who would cancel an interview with her making that kind of assertion is very likely to get sued.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:12 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

"This is not the first time Nunberg’s credibility has been questioned. Nunberg admitted in Politico in November that he made up a story about then-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fetching McDonald’s food for Trump to embarrass Christie — a claim that went viral after it was reported by the New Yorker."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.db7762d608c8

Guy with a proven history of making **** up is now the star witness?
No, his emails to and from are the witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies