Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 10:23 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Once again, you're wrong!
Just because you "think" so? That's a lame attempt to ignore actual facts.

You are aware that records and statistics are actually kept on such issues, no?

Quote:
However this time, you're mostly in error, but you're still saved on a mere technicality...

It is true the old Democrats were notoriously racist, they suddenly reversed course once they encountered rough waters.
False. The Democrats as the predominant racists still persist in recent and current data. Read the Chicago Magazine and WaPo articles at the links I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 11:03 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Vlogger Styxhexenhammer666 talks about the WaPo article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RprENZdufM

Old 03-11-2018, 11:24 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
trust wapo to find the looniest of sjw's to write opinion columns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.683719472d80
Someone stop asking "How stupid can they get" of WaPo. I think they take it as a challenge.

The irony is that gun control was initiated to keep blacks unarmed and defenseless.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:22 PM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
It was again, the white racist right-winged conservatives that proved resistant to integration and as a result, we now have these pockets...
Umm, sorry to burst your bubble. But gun control laws were first put in place, to ban black people (newly freed slaves) from getting guns. They were designed to protect the white supremacists you are complaining about.

The racist origin of gun control laws | TheHill

Old 03-11-2018, 12:36 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
South Chicago is the perfect example of white supremacist misuse of guns.........
These young scholars in Milwaukee appear to value their Constitutional right to bear arms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMmmyeGCFY

Apparently they are useful for their business interests, which I understand involves exclusively cash transactions.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I read the article. I'd say there's some truth to gun culture being linked with keeping white men on top, but probably not to the extent that the author thinks.
Oh, I think there is a LOT of truth to it.

When I toured some of the west I was amazed by the structures (stone, carved out of cliffs and even freestanding) created by many of the Native Americans. Their cultivated fields were nearby.

When the Pilgrims landed on the mainland the first thing they saw were cultivated (harvested, due to time of year) fields.

On the other hand, when the Scots-Irish went into the Mts they built and lived in crude shacks for generations. They had little or no organized society. This is the 1800's.

So the BIG difference, it seems to me, is that the Pilgrims, the Scots-Irish and others had guns. That is why they are all still here and many of the others aren't.

History doesn't have to be political. Although it's an obvious and boring book, this stuff is addressed in "Guns, Germs and Steel". History is just History. We can't pretend now that the USA was somehow founded and expanded in complete peace!

"Title
The book's title is a reference to the means by which farm-based societies conquered populations of other areas and maintained dominance, despite sometimes being vastly outnumbered – superior weapons provided immediate military superiority (guns); Eurasian diseases weakened and reduced local populations, who had no immunity, making it easier to maintain control over them (germs); and durable means of transport (steel) enabled imperialism.

Diamond argues geographic, climatic and environmental characteristics which favored early development of stable agricultural societies ultimately led to immunity to diseases endemic in agricultural animals and the development of powerful, organized states capable of dominating others."

It's just the way of the world in the last....well, heavily for the last 500 years but even before that.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:17 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Worse, SJWs are becoming anti-intellectual. There is a deep Maoist sentiment that guides their "thinking".

From Hot Air -

"Friday, President George Bridges of Evergreen State College sent an email to “colleagues” about a recent incident of graffiti on campus. The full email was published by former Evergreen Professor Bret Weinstein on Twitter (see below). The email reads in part:"

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/...ite-supremacy/
speaking of evergreen college, a few days ago I read that evergreen college anticipates a potential 20% drop in enrollment in 2018-2019 academic year after having a 5% drop in enrollment this academic year 2017-2018.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/42073/

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-11-2018 at 02:02 PM..

Old 03-11-2018, 01:19 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Just preachin to the choir.....not going to change the mind's of sane, thinking people who are
not far-left.

And demonizing Whites, oh how trendy and edgy....never seen that before.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:41 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You can buy a gun just like any white guy, what are you whining about? You want them to pay for it to?
This is both irrelevant and farcical!

Your erroneous premise most probably speaks volumes about you....

Old 03-11-2018, 03:51 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
This is both irrelevant and farcical!

Your erroneous premise most probably speaks volumes about you....
I'm not white but still allowed to protect myself with a gun. Why wouldn't you do the same? Furthermore I could give an asterisk what you think about me. *********
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies