Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 04:03 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,389,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Kamala Harris is to left of center. Cory Booker on the other hand or more mainstream and could win an election.
He had that weird expression with his eyes...

Old 03-28-2018, 09:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,115,411 times
Cory Booker? He pleases no one

Old 03-31-2018, 08:23 PM

How many times do I have to say it? Corey Booker will not be the Democratic candidate in 2020. Neither will Kamala Harris. Personally, I think Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado, a moderate, smart, good governor and sensible person, will be the candidate.

I know all you Repubs will be SO disappointed that a black, especially a woman, will not be the candidate. You are salivating over the 2020 election process, with Trump blathering on about things you people love, like The Wall, a multi-billion dollar boondoggle that we taxpayers will receive the bill for.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:17 AM

19,879 posts, read 9,431,110 times
I think this just illustrates what a tough choice voters had in November 2016.

(Btw, my vote didn't matter as I voted for a third party candidate, and my state went for Clinton-- but at least voting gives me more of a right to complain, I think.)

Old 04-01-2018, 08:26 AM

19,879 posts, read 9,431,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
How many times do I have to say it? Corey Booker will not be the Democratic candidate in 2020. Neither will Kamala Harris. Personally, I think Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado, a moderate, smart, good governor and sensible person, will be the candidate.

I know all you Repubs will be SO disappointed that a black, especially a woman, will not be the candidate. You are salivating over the 2020 election process, with Trump blathering on about things you people love, like The Wall, a multi-billion dollar boondoggle that we taxpayers will receive the bill for.
I was a BIG fan of Hickenlooper until he reprieved the Chuck E. Cheese's killer (a remorseless murderer of four employees) from being executed so long as Hickenlooper was governor and for supporting the ASSET bill that means that people living in Colorado illegally pay lower college tuition than legal U.S. citizens from out of state.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was a BIG fan of Hickenlooper until he reprieved the Chuck E. Cheese's killer (a remorseless murderer of four employees) from being executed so long as Hickenlooper was governor and for supporting the ASSET bill that means that people living in Colorado illegally pay lower college tuition than legal U.S. citizens from out of state.
Most every state allows lower tuition for those in-state residents than for out-of-state students. The difference can be astronomical. Now I need to know which illegal people you are talking about. Are you speaking of DACA recipients?

Some leaders do not believe in the death penalty and put it on hold. That’s not a “get out of jail free card.”

BTW, I just heard on the news that John Hickenlooper is going to Iowa this week. Sounds like he’s going to run against that immoral jerk, Trump. YEA!!

Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:

Therre are many in the Democratic Party that feel l the candidate HAS to be a woman or a minority. These two cations are at odds with each other

Old 04-02-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Therre are many in the Democratic Party that feel l the candidate HAS to be a woman or a minority. These two cations are at odds with each other
So are you a Democrat? Where did you get this information? Don’t you remember Bernie Sanders running in the Democratic primary in the 2016 election? As I recall, he did pretty well.

Granted, many Dems have moved to the left, but the Repubs have moved to the right. Personally, I think a moderate, male, white candidate would do very well with the Dems in 2020. Dems want to WIN and they know a moderate choice has a significantly better opportunity to beat Trump, but it can’t be a woman or a minority, which would greatly lessen their chances. Sad, but true.

If the Dem in the Presidential race in 2020 is a good candidate, as I described above, there will be many crossover votes. I know many people who refused to vote for Hillary but hate Trump. If the Dems give those folks a good choice, “They will come.”

Last edited by staywarm2; 04-02-2018 at 11:29 AM..

Old 04-03-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
So are you a Democrat? Where did you get this information? Don’t you remember Bernie Sanders running in the Democratic primary in the 2016 election? As I recall, he did pretty well.

Granted, many Dems have moved to the left, but the Repubs have moved to the right. Personally, I think a moderate, male, white candidate would do very well with the Dems in 2020. Dems want to WIN and they know a moderate choice has a significantly better opportunity to beat Trump, but it can’t be a woman or a minority, which would greatly lessen their chances. Sad, but true.

If the Dem in the Presidential race in 2020 is a good candidate, as I described above, there will be many crossover votes. I know many people who refused to vote for Hillary but hate Trump. If the Dems give those folks a good choice, “They will come.”

Bernie Sanders lost the primary signifcantly. All the money and promotion went to Hillary

Old 04-03-2018, 10:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,644,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Well, considering the 2016 election we saw the Republicans field not only a woman candidate, but also a black candidate and an Indian-American candidate, while the DNC fielded 3 white guys and a white Woman..wow..so diverse,,they truly are the party of the minority huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies