Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 01:14 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
I feel sorry for him, really. He does not deserve this treatment. He carried out his duties with class and dignity, and was one of the adults on the Trump team. He endured a great deal of unwarranted insults from the president, and grandstanding from others on the team. He was pre-empted from his position on more than one occasion by the president. I realize that State was understaffed at the top, but I think that Trump wants it that way. Fair winds and following seas, to you, Mt. Tillerson!
Remember when Trump challenged Tillerson to an IQ test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 01:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
I don't like how Trump constantly hires and fires people apparently without warning or advance notice. Trump seems to intentionally hire people knowing they aren't in agreement with his viewpoint, he says because he likes contrasting viewpoints but maybe it's just to fire them later.. I don't like how Trump has it in for AG Session who I consider his best appointment.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
No, this came from the Associated Press:

AP BREAKING: Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted account of secretary of state's dismissal.

And, it has since been confirmed by the White House. Google is your friend.
Jesus Christ. It's like a revolving door at this WH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Trump likes "conflict" (his words) and pitting people against each other. He thinks this is "great energy."

This is exactly the basis of The Apprentice. Trump thinks the presidency is just another reality TV show.
He said exactly that when it comes to running the WH. I think Trump really just wants to keep us all entertained and get 'good ratings'

Old 03-13-2018, 01:21 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He said exactly that when it comes to running the WH. I think Trump really just wants to keep us all entertained and get 'good ratings'
2020 can’t come soon enough.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:23 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Very interesting. I know the chattering left will claim this is another sign of a WH in chaos, whereas I see this as a president consolidating a strong, working team, more interested in the boss's vision rather than pushing their own agenda.

Sessions better watch his azz.

Lay off the Kool AIde, if you see this as a President consolidating a strong working team !

This is a WH in trouble and chaos, no way to spin that into something it isn't. Trump is floundering and trying to keep afloat, and failing at that badly.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:24 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Regardless of party preference, to find out via Twitter of your firing, is just a mockery of the Office and totally disrespectful. This is not the Apprentice show.
He did the same with Comey, he waited until he was on the west coast and had to learn about his firing on television in the middle of a presentation. I thought he would treat Tillerson differently because he appointed him.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:27 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Yes I saw when he commented on liking conflict and pitting people against each other. His supporters are so dug in, brainwashed and have screws loose, if they think an effective way to run the country is straight out of The Apprentice.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Fake news about Trump firing Tillerson because he said Russia was behind UK spy poisonings. He knew on Friday, before he said anything about Russia. Remember when the news was Tillerson got sick in Africa? That's when he got fired so he wasn't blindsided like the fired aide said he was.
Media Runs With Russia Narrative On Rex | The Daily Caller

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
No, this came from the Associated Press:

AP BREAKING: Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted account of secretary of state's dismissal.

And, it has since been confirmed by the White House. Google is your friend.

If they are going to fire someone at least be honest about it, no one believes that Tillerson was informed last week. Trump indicated they had been discussing this for sometime but he waits for Tillerson to get back to the states at 4AM to make the announcement.

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He did the same with Comey, he waited until he was on the west coast and had to learn about his firing on television in the middle of a presentation. I thought he would treat Tillerson differently because he appointed him.
It's because he's a coward. He can't look a person in the eye, calmly and coherently list the reasons for dismissal and actually dismiss someone. He's a chaotic coward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies