Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 08:06 PM

542 posts, read 448,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All the clips bashing Obama were after he said he would meet with enemies without any preconditions.

That is seen as reaching out.

NK making the first move is seen as a form of a precondition.

That is the difference. Again, psychology 101.

EDIT: I'm not sure all of the clips are post-Obama's speech about no preconditions as I mention in my last post. Still, the point remains.
You must be dizzy with this spin. This is as entertaining as the video watching you try to rationalize this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bae4jQk-LGc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 08:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I saw this earlier and I am not surprised by the hypocrisy. Fox News and CNN are the same when it comes to crap reporting.
CNN has become the Fox of the left. I rarely watch them anymore actually. The only outlets I Listen to are KTAR (local radio), ABC Nightly News, PBS, TYT and Phillip DeFranco. The rest has turned too partisan biased.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:20 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't agree with the whole preconditions angle at all. I was just starting to see how it made sense to you and that seemed reasonable. I know you didn't say I had TDS but when someone posts in that manner I can see they are not sincere in having a mutually respectful conversation.
What do you not agree to with preconditions?

-Do you deny the fact that Obama said he would meet with dictators without preconditions?

-Do you deny the fact that Obama faced sharp criticism from Republicans for saying he didn't need preconditions to meet with dictators (one piece of evidence is your own video, lol)?

-Do you deny the fact that Trump has said that he does need preconditions to meet?

-Do you deny the fact that there is a difference between saying you need preconditions and not needing preconditions?

Look, I am not even opposed to Obama meeting with dictators without preconditions per se. Presidents meet with "good" dictators all the time. The problem is, most of the criticism leveled at Obama was from saying he didn't need preconditions to meet with murderous dictators that threaten the US in some fashion. Your video is just an example of why people say the media is biased - just not in the way you intended.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 03-17-2018 at 09:03 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 10:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Preconditions or not, Fox News blew up Obama and then praised Trump as being a genius for almost the same thing.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:31 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Well that was before Korea advanced to where they are today but, Trump fancies himself a deal maker...what have we got to lose at this point. Obama didn't get China on his side the way Trump has as well.....the sanctions have some real bite them even if China is cheating a little. They say Korea will be running low on cash soon.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:43 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Spin - Spin - Spin ... and misinformation

The North Korean development of their nuclear program went into high gear in the early years of the Bush administration.
guess you missed the clips of Clinton on msnbc or cnn, telling us his deal with NK saved the world as NK promised to end its pursuit of nukes. Clinton originally funded their effort. NK went into nuke overdrive while Clinton patted himself on his back. then it continued under Bush and reached its goal under the Obama philosophy expressed by susan rice...we need to learn to live with rogue countries who have nuclear weapons.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Preconditions or not, Fox News blew up Obama and then praised Trump as being a genius for almost the same thing.
Yes, they blew up Obama for saying he'd meet with any dictator without any preconditions - not for saying that he'd meet dictators. Trump said preconditions would have to be met. Many say it is a big boost in legitimacy to meet with a president, so the president should get something guaranteed out of it.

Is your disdain for Trump blocking your vision on how this video is distorting reality?

Old 03-18-2018, 07:31 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
OK so I don't watch Fox or much TV at all. I came across this article with this video that looks like they are saying the exact opposite of what they said just a few years ago. I was wondering what Fox News viewers think of this. Do you see this video as propaganda against Trump or legitimate criticism?

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...50928714747906
They don’t care. They have the attention span of a gnat.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
guess you missed the clips of Clinton on msnbc or cnn, telling us his deal with NK saved the world as NK promised to end its pursuit of nukes. Clinton originally funded their effort. NK went into nuke overdrive while Clinton patted himself on his back. then it continued under Bush and reached its goal under the Obama philosophy expressed by susan rice...we need to learn to live with rogue countries who have nuclear weapons.
I guess you missed the point when Bush listed NK as part of his axis of evil, then attacked Iraq which had already agreed to give up their nuclear program. NK got the message, and they turned off the cameras, busted the lock and restarted the reactor. They came to realize that giving up nukes was bad for Iraq and learned a lesson.

Then of course there is the very recent case of Ukraine voluntarily giving up and destroying it's nuclear arsenal, in return for international guarantees of it's sovereignty and border integrity ... then Trump's buddy Putin invades and annexes a huge chunk of the country and Trump is ok with that. The Koreans see these things and recognize duplicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies