Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not in the Constitution itself, no. But there are laws governing federally protected classes. Minorities are a federally protected class. Gun owners, manufacturers, and educators are not one of those classes.

https://content.next.westlaw.com/Doc...firstPage=true
Only by statutory legislation, not by any amendment.
Same legislative way they have protected gun manufacturers and those that use a firearm, to protect from liability.

The Constitutional law protects gun owners, manufacturers, and educators. Not some after thought statutory law, that grants special privilege to minorities.
"Minorities", by race and not economically virtuous, is a fairly new racist marxist ideology, brought into the 50's and 60's America, that has separated us the most. Democrats constantly push this and drive it. Marxism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 08:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I used YT to watch a video on changing the springs in my Ruger 101. Now I'll have to find the information elsewhere if I have to do anything like that again.

No biggie. I'm glad that they are doing what they're doing.

GAB ai. has reached out to all people with small arms youtube videos and asked them to upload them there on GAB to keep them in circulation.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:21 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No videos that provide instructions on making or installing a gun, ammunition, high-capacity magazine,

Yes that sucks and they suck but it appears that Hickok and videos giving how-to on dissasembe, cleaning, or operate various models of firearms, new model reviews, demostrations, etc...will remain.

Let's also hope this is not the first step into total banning of gun videos.
What is a "high-capacity magazine"? The handguns, and rifles Hickock45 demonstrates often have the ability to accept magazines of 15, and 30 rounds. These firearms are DESIGNED, and sold to do that, therefore they are not "high capacity", but STANDARD CAPACITY. I doubt YouTube will agree with me.

My 74 year old M1 Carbine accepts standard 15, and 30 round magazines. Will it be banned by YouTube? Should it?

Old 03-22-2018, 08:23 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Youtube sucks...however, lets put this into perspective. It's not like they are eliminating ALL gun videos, but only those that:

"No videos that intend to sell a firearm or certain accessories that turn a firearm into an automatic weapon are allowed. No videos that provide instructions on making or installing a gun, ammunition, high-capacity magazine, homemade silencer or other certain accessories will be allowed. Neither will videos showing how to convert a firearm into an automatic weapon. "

Yes that sucks and they suck...I'm not clear if this includes instructions on how to assemble AR as that is a huge hobby, or self-load ammunition...but it appears that Hickok and videos giving how-to on dissasembe, cleaning, or operate various models of firearms, new model reviews, demostrations, etc...will remain.

Let's also hope this is not the first step into total banning of gun videos.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:24 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What is a "high-capacity magazine"? The handguns, and rifles Hickock45 demonstrates often have the ability to accept magazines of 15, and 30 rounds. These firearms are DESIGNED, and sold to do that, therefore they are not "high capacity", but STANDARD CAPACITY. I doubt YouTube will agree with me.

My 74 year old M1 Carbine accepts standard 15, and 30 round magazines. Will it be banned by YouTube? Should it?
I deleted my post as you can see and reentered it with some slight edits because I wasn't sure myself if what I posted was accurate.

Yes those questions are unclear indeed.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:26 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Cigarette and alcohol ads have been banned by many. Not a big deal.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol. Banning videos will not stop videos from coming out.
If they ban videos, only criminals will have videos.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:31 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Will they still show terrorist propaganda videos?

Will they still allow anti gun "news" videos made by the likes of CNN?

I wonder why youtube has done this and if Hollywood will follow suit?

Youtube is actually admitting that videos that show guns might incite someone to horrible action yet Hollywood keeps churning out movies that feature the heroes mowing down the bad guys with all kinds of guns?

If youtube videos are a problem then how about violent video games? are they next?

Old 03-22-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum87 View Post
You didn't read what I wrote. I said we can (and should) pass regulation on this. There is nothing in the constitution either saying a business cannot discriminate against black people. We added regulations after many businesses began doing just that. So now that many social media corporations are censoring the speech of the American public in an effort to drive political change - I think it's time to pass more regulations,
So much for avoiding "big government."

Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So if somebody wants to put up a video showing how to form a Neighborhood Wach group, or explain how law-abiding people can work with their local police to train as armed guards and walk around the school area with cooperation of the principal etc.....

.....they are out of luck? YouTube intends to ban them?

Why does YouTube want to put in place policies that increase the chances of nutcases committing more school shootings, rack up high body counts etc.?
Nothing about how to form a Neighborhood Watch group or how to work with police requires detailed shooting, gun, assembly-disassembly info, etc.

Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies