Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 12:27 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,100,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you watched Trump speaking about this, he said Monday they are starting on the Wall using the money they already have. Let's see what happens.

I am not angry at Trump, I am furious with the $#@%& Republicans. We have to start replacing them with Republicans who actually want to work for their constituents instead of their lobbyists and donors. There are a few good ones. Target the ones at the top like Ryan and McConnell. Bannon, for all of his faults was right about those two.

You Dems should do the same for Pelosi and Schumer. Otherwise nothing will change for anyone. This goes beyond party.
LOL there it starts Trump doesn’t get blame, just shifted to others.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:27 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,175,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They traded short term gain for long term failure. The Dems will gut the military and the turn out for the GOP will be pathetic and justifiably so.
Oh please. The Dems are not going to “gut the military.” Too much campaign contribution money would be lost.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:29 PM

589 posts, read 300,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Well Obama got reelected and Hillary won the popular vote. So it seems like the majority of Americans get fooled over and over again. On top of that most Americans either do not understand or care about the federal budget. Its the domain of hard core politicos here and in similar forums.
True, this is what we get for having traitors as candidates on both sides since they are the same coin on different sides. We need a candidate on a third party to take over to get rid of these traitors and think of the country and it's citizens first. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority group apparently.

267 posts, read 122,292 times
Quote:
If you watched Trump speaking about this, he said Monday they are starting on the Wall using the money they already have. Let's see what happens.

I am not angry at Trump, I am furious with the $#@%& Republicans. We have to start replacing them with Republicans who actually want to work for their constituents instead of their lobbyists and donors. There are a few good ones. Target the ones at the top like Ryan and McConnell. Bannon, for all of his faults was right about those two.

You Dems should do the same for Pelosi and Schumer. Otherwise nothing will change for anyone. This goes beyond party.
Do you know the definition of insanity? It is close to thinking that a republican cares for his constituents and not his donors.

16,579 posts, read 20,723,191 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL there it starts Trump doesn’t get blame, just shifted to others.
Yep. Right on cue.

And even after he said this morning that he was going to veto it.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:30 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,100,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
NOTE: 2:24 EST, The deflection begins.
That was quicker than Trump flipping on the veto.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,690,507 times
Well, I guess Pajamas Media was wrong again.

Trump loves debt and deficit. He has said that over and over again. He wants a bigger government - but the bigger government is there to print money and give it away (maybe for votes, maybe for his family and friends, and maybe for Big Business.....and the Russians, of course!)...

Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
This sort of overspending will hurt the economy long term. You overspend when things are good and there is little wiggle room during the next recession.

Get used to the word austerity.
I don't really put any stock in people's opinion or ability to tell the future. I'm as qualified to do that myself and its my money I make my bets with. Not some unproven self-proclaimed financial advisor who doesn't know anything about me or my situation.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,690,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Yep. Right on cue.

And even after he said this morning that he was going to veto it.
Lie #4327 or so?

But many Trumpies ears closed. They heard one thing - that he said he would veto it. That made their hearts happy and they closed their ears and eyes to reality.

They probably believe him when he signed it and said "never again" too!

Well, as they say, fools and their money (and nation) are easily parted.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I think we are arguing the same point. The hypocrisy is just outrageous. After years of the whole "We can't approve this budget because we are the party of fiscal responsibility" when we were in recession and needed to spend, all of a sudden its ok to pass a big revenue reduction and spending increase. How Ryan and McConnel reconcile this with a straight face just amazes me.
Me, too. Literally, the only saving grace I can see in this crap omnibus bill is that it gives Dems exactly what they want: No extension of or amnesty for DACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies