Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 01:53 PM

30,190 posts, read 11,840,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
There is no way to get to this point in a political career (nominee for president) without baggage.

However, there is a huge anti Democratic party smear machine (Fox News, talk radio) that indoctrinates people and plants the silliest ideas into their heads. All you know about Hillary is through this filter.

With Trump, one just has to watch him speak and twitter - no smear machine needed - to know what he is all about.
Trump is good at doing campaign rallies. That is what got him going in the primaries and how he was able to pull it out against Clinton. Even though his rally in PA a couple weeks back failed to get the GOP elected it was entertaining and hard to stop watching. I watched CNN afterwards even the partisan liberals admitted as much.

Both sides have their smear machines. But most hardcore partisans on each side seem to think only the other side is doing this. I guess its not a smear if you believe what your side is saying.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:53 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
why because your a dem? Listen, both sides are corrupt....and Trump is far from perfect....but he was for me the better choice than Hillary. I was around when Vince Foster died...and I don't believe he killed himself. I was there when Hillary had all those boxes of papers shredded by her employees, and watched her bring down so many people's lives to the point of despair and imprisionment....right up to her lying about the murders of our U.S. Embassy being a simple protest. Protesters do not carry rocket launchers. And I get how you must feel....I voted for Obama in his first term and was quickly disenchanted....however, it's not real nice to mock people....and adds nothing to the conversation and the purpose of a forum.

I know and feel ya....and your emotions....however, lets all try and remember we're adults and set good examples for out kids, regardless of our political beliefs...we need to practice some respect for each other, including myself.
When you trot out old and long debunked conspiracy theories as if they are facts it's difficult not to mock. Get your head out of Fox News and come into the real world of you want people to take you seriously. When you show us that you believe this kind of garbage you set yourself up to be mocked.

Trump was not a better choice than Hillary. Everything he has done in the last 15 months has disproved that ridiculous notion.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:58 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump was not a better choice than Hillary. Everything he has done in the last 15 months has disproved that ridiculous notion.
Get your head out of CNN and you'll find he's been a huge improvement for the economy than Obama and the Corrupt Clinton. Everything he's done in the last 15 months has proven your ridiculous notion.

Clinton is lucky she's not doing time in a federal prison.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Announcing Trump is looking to veto this mess, has had no effect on consumer confidence, or the financials.
Financials were barking yesterday, at the fear this thing was going to go through.
Financials were barking yesterday and today because of tariffs.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Get your head out of CNN and you'll find he's been a huge improvement for the economy than Obama and the Corrupt Clinton. Everything he's done in the last 15 months has proven your ridiculous notion.
The economy did great under President Obama. My 401(k) is proof of that. Unfortunately, it's not doing all that great these days, after Donnie's stupid tariffs and now bringing on warmonger John Bolton, but pre-Trump the economy was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Clinton is lucky she's not doing time in a federal prison.
The funny thing is, she is not under multiple investigations. Now Donnie, on the other hand...

Old 03-23-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If Trump vetoes, there won't be enough votes to override it. I want to see these Swamp creatures in both parties get thrashed. Make them fly back from their two-week vacations and revise this budget, donors be damned!

This is why Americans hate political elites. Bring back Bannon the Barbarian to organize an uprising and take these elites out!
He did not veto and he fired Bannon many moons ago.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:07 PM

30,190 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
It has to be proportional representation to allow more than 2 parties. Winner take all will always morph into a 2 party system over time by necessity. The game theory of consolidating power under that kind of construct makes it an inevitability of human nature.
Of course it won't work with the EC. But the party leadership of both parties seem fine with the status quo. Both parties get to have at times the white house and congress and having other parties might lead to their demise.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yep.

He wants to look like a tough guy because all the pundits on fox are mocking the bill. But he's already booked for Mar a Lago this weekend, and nothing is getting in the way of that.
You nailed it.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:09 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

The funny thing is, she is not under multiple investigations. ...
Nor are any of those involved in her campaign.

Sessions better get on with it.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree that trump need to veto this travesty of a bill. the big problem here though is congress itself. they have refused to do their jobs for two decade now, and it needs to stop. they need to pass a real budget, they need to stop with the CRs, and they need to stop spending money willy nilly.
Well Trump did not veto and most of the Congress Critters will be reelected by the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies