Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 04:07 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times

Advertisements

So I sat down and watched the entire 3 hour rally... Heir Goebbels would have been impressed but I thought the art was a wee bit more advanced these days.

The narrative was so "by the book":

What are you scared of? Getting killed by someone with a gun! (insert some scary stories of death and violence here).

What do we want you to to believe is the root of the problem? Public ownership of guns! (insert scary AR15 video with sinister music/unverified statistics here)

Who's to blame? The evil NRA and Legislators who don't push gun control! (Insert more scary NRA vieos and blame gun control fence-sitters)

Attention spans are finite...Getting bored? Watch Miley and Ariana sing! You've heard of them, right?

What's the solution? Vote Democrat!!! Yay!

Some things were freaking hilarious. At one point, one of the speakers said, yeah there's famous singers and movie stars in the audience but this is real life! Not the (flop) Oscars! Never mind this propaganda piece had a budget in the hundreds of millions and quietly paid travel expenses for tens of thousands of warm bodies to be there for pictures and videos of impressive crowds... yeah, that's real life all right. Add just the right amount of nervous kids being nervous but who somehow pull it all together just as they make their talk's "point" with fire and ambition... seems legit, right?

When the shaved head militant girl gave her speech, she literally pulled a tactic straight out of #$÷ing Adolph Hitler's speech playbook... stand there silent and scowling for an awkwardly long time so the crowd could build anticipation for her to say something that would surely be earth-shattering.

And then to top it off, they attempted do what all propaganda tries to do: turn the world upside-down and convince the audience that making MORE restrictions on people somehow makes them more free.

And to seal the deal, they tried to tap into religious zeal gospel style and make the whole thing into a memorable psuedo-religious experience.

People of America... I don't even care what your personal stance on gun control is anymore, but please, just tell me you are more sophisticated than 100 year old propaganda techniques. Cause if you're not... we are ALL doomed to repeat the horrors of the previous century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 04:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
I already said in another thread that if there's a hell and you believe in that kind of thing...Hitler, Mao, and Stalin are looking up smiling as people are marching to have governments take away their natural rights.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:14 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
GOPers triggered by children lol

Old 03-24-2018, 04:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
When is the Left going to ban the word "triggered"? It has a gun-connotation to it.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:18 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
It wasn't put together by children with their hearts in the right place. It was put together by someone who got a C- in Propaganda 101 at some Ivy League University and had a bottomless budget.

683 posts, read 465,325 times
I don't have a gun, nor do I want one. However, if you TAKE away guns, the only people left with guns are cops and criminals. Cops can't be everywhere. I'd rather have an honest good gunslinger or two around in the mall or public area in case some demented a-hole starts zapping everyone on site. At least if someone tried to take him/her down, we'd have a fighting chance.

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Anyone with a brain can see these marches are being funded by progressive billionaires/millionaires and Hollywood bubblegum chewers. These kids are being manipulated to complete the "transformation" Obama started.

This is a really sad day for Constitutionalists and Constructionists. The Marxists are accomplishing what they could not in the 30s.

Quote:
Adults amazed that the left are allowing children to dictate the rules. THAT is how ignorant they are of what is actually happening.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:19 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It wasn't put together by children. It was put together by someone who got a C- in Propaganda 101 at some Ivy League University.
"Everything I don't like is a conspiracy theory"

Old 03-24-2018, 04:20 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I already said in another thread that if there's a hell and you believe in that kind of thing...Hitler, Mao, and Stalin are looking up smiling as people are marching to have governments take away their natural rights.
Schools are talking about implementing metal detectors, smoke grenades, even the national guard. Guns are driving us into a police state, not the other way around. And for what? So some conservatives have the "right" to carry a semi-auto while loading up their plates at Golden Corral?

Old 03-24-2018, 04:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
If you were shot at and saw your friends dying around you, you may think differently about assault type weapons....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies