Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 05:47 PM

37,211 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Question, if you could disband the NRA do you think people would give up their guns? NRA is not the only gun rights organization either.
The NRA is the main lobbying machine for the firearms manufacturers, and maybe the Russians. It would put a serious crimp in things, for sure. The politicians who continue to take NRA Blood Money are going to be the ones targeted for removal, and no that 31 republicans have decided not to run for reelection, the job just got easier.

It may take another five to ten years to accomplish today's goals, but make no mistake about it - the Kids coming along behind Gen Z are even more disillusioned and motivated than the current crop of 17-18 year olds. The world will change.

Nobody is looking to eliminate all guns. That is Fox news nonsense. If a class or category of firearms is banned, you can keep them if you want and become a criminal in the process. You would vertainly be within your rights to do so. Nobody is prevented from making a fool out of himself in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 05:58 PM

556 posts, read 622,869 times
Please remember that the biggest lobbyists are the pharmaceutical companies. The NRA is the 20th biggest lobbyist. Who benefits from gun violence? Hospitals and drug companies!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, are they poor, innocent pawns or people that should be threatened with violence by gun huggers?

I'm not straight on what today's theme is supposed to be.
I guess you will have to answer that since there is nothing in my post that in any way suggests they are "people that should be threatened with violence by gun huggers?" They are the ones suggesting we should not have guns to defend our properties and family. Sounds like a lot of you are very confused. I think it is very disrespectful to call someone who likes the second amendment a "gun hugger." What we like is our freedom to defend ourselves. If you have a problem with that; I have a problem with you. I hate communism and those that help it happen. Taking guns from citizens is usually the first step toward a dictatorship.

Last edited by NCN; 03-26-2018 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-26-2018, 09:40 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess you will have to answer that since there is nothing in my post that in any way suggests they are "people that should be threatened with violence by gun huggers?" They are the ones suggesting we should not have guns to defend our properties and family. Sounds like a lot of you are very confused. I think it is very disrespectful to call someone who likes the second amendment a "gun hugger." What we like is our freedom to defend ourselves. If you have a problem with that; I have a problem with you. I hate communism and those that help it happen. Taking guns from citizens is usually the first step toward a dictatorship.
You're not clear on the difference between those two political systems, are you?

Old 03-26-2018, 09:44 PM

267 posts, read 122,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Change of voting age and the termination of the draft are two bad things that should never have happened. This has caused an "us" and "them" mentality when it comes to being a responsible citizen and doing your part to keep a free nation. Lowering the voting age makes too many people voting when they are still in training and have not experienced enough life to understand what is really going on in the world.

These children are being used as pawns to take the guns that make it impossible for the government to control our every breath. They are marching to get rid of their own freedom. Maybe they should be in class studying real government instead of the present day political correctness that is a bunch of ignorance.
While we are at it, Let’s ban people over 65 since most old people have lost their cognitive abilities. Have you ever heard of old people getting scammed easily by con artists ? Well there you go.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Are you scared of me, or are you scared of my AR's?

Old 03-26-2018, 11:06 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
I’m already annoyed with some of them. I think one or two of them feel like celebrities. I don’t see a clear agenda

What is their point? Gun laws are not gonna change dramatically. The NRA wont allow that. Vote out Rubio? He still has 5 more years.

I heard at a local level some people want police or private security services. That’s fine with me.

Bullet proof doors? That not only is expensive but it’s absurd because a shooter could shoot through a window. Bullet proof windows? Fires will kill more people that shooters.

In a few days people will forget like like they did with Sandy Hook and Vegas.

I've heard some comments about those budding "celebrities" expecting their own reality show next. Not saying it's true or not, just repeating what folks are saying.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:12 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Ask them what they think about the children.
They are passionate but misguided. I'm not going to let emotions get in the way of facts. sorry.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:17 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
I spoke to Parkland high school students in the past when trying to get an idea about the local high schools for my elementary age child. One thing I picked up was how the adults were in denial about bullying and drugs.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:33 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Are you scared of me, or are you scared of my AR's?
Haaaar! The rest of the free world's first tier country's citizens are afraid of neither because your precious AR cannot leave your country and you're obviously too afraid to travel anywhere without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies