Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 02:32 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp
ARs and AKs are sporting rifles...yeah if your "sport " is hunting humans.
Well, since hands, feet and blunt objects kill far more....seems your post is complete 100% failure....

But keep it up, you're doing a great job for your side....not really, but you evidently believe everything....

Old 03-26-2018, 02:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
a muslim man murders patrons in a florida nightclub and some people blame the killer. these people say the killer alone is responsible and not Islam.

a man murders high school students and some people blame the NRA and citizens who own guns. these people say the NRA is responsible and not the killer.

do you not see the inconsistency in these two statements?
Of course I do. I'm still not sure why you compared the two.

But, I happen to think lax gun laws are part of the problem in both of those instances.

I didn't see anyone asking what faith, if any, the Parkland shooter was raised up in and if that was why he killed anyone, so why should a random, Muslim guy shooting people at Pulse automatically bring up anti-Muslim rhetoric?

The NRA was involved in both of them because they lobby Congress and pay so much money to politicians to push their agenda.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There are quite literally millions of gun owners, including millions of NRA members, who don't ignore school safety, they don't go and shoot up schools, don't bring their guns into the schools as they're "gun-free zones," etc. So, I'm not getting your point.
I do not disagree with you.

So, I don't get why it upsets you that there are enough gun owners who are shady that we need to take extra measures to keep guns away from THOSE GUN OWNERS.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny
Beta males are all those fearful, pot bellied rednecks who think they need an AR-15 to feel safe. Real men are not scared all the time.
You forgot the bible, and truck with big tires....

What a failure of a post....

Old 03-26-2018, 02:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You've nailed zero....pistols kill far more people, .
You'd have to qualify this. Remove suicides....because a long barrel makes it tough. Remove all security and police and domestic violence matters.

I'm not disputing you, just asking that you compare apples to apples. Do pistols wielded by legal civilian owners kill more innocents than Rifles? Link?

Old 03-26-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You'd have to qualify this. Remove suicides....because a long barrel makes it tough. Remove all security and police and domestic violence matters.

I'm not disputing you, just asking that you compare apples to apples. Do pistols wielded by legal civilian owners kill more innocents than Rifles? Link?
The Virginia tech shooter used pistols and killed 32 people and wounded 17. He also used a .22 pistol, after he got rid of his primary pistol....

How else would you like to to qualify (quantify) this? Would the actual FBI page work?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2010-2014.xls

Old 03-26-2018, 02:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
why are you offended? I am simply saying I don't want to talk to you.
Because I'm asking something that you can't dismiss with a cliché. Guns kill more easily than most tools and there is no proof that knives and care as effective as weapons of war. I asked to answer my simple question, you refuse to do so yet you continue to put forth the lie without support to your claim. Your premise would fail an intro to English argumentative essay because there is no meat to your claim. I'm sorry I proved you wrong but someone needed to.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:46 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,243,258 times
Quote:
Minors can be convicted of a felony. Some even commit murder. There's a J-ROTC source reporting the exact same thing, as well. Look around a little more.
Sure, but it looks like he was never charged with felony. If the school did expel him for that reason it looks like the police were never involved. Its not hard to see how someone like Cruz could have fallen through the cracks. As a said before, in another country he would just be a disturbed scumbag. We presented him with the opportunity for mass murder as we have in every mass shooting in living memory.

Quote:
Pure BS. How do you think Chicago's, Baltimore's, etc., gangbanger thugs get the guns they're not supposed to have even though those cities have "strict gun control?"
Easy, the Chicago gangbangers just pop on over to Indiana 20 minutes away to buy their guns. In Balitmore's case they are an hour from Virginia where the gun laws are very lenant. They have traced firearms from one gun store in Gary Indiana to dozens of gangland shootings in the Southside of Chicago.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2015...okJumbo-v3.png

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2018 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 03-26-2018, 02:48 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Keep in mind he was also a minor and it never appeared that anyone pressed charge against him. From what I have obtained. The story about him bringing knives to school appears to only come from one source, a former class mate of Cruz. Apparently that was the reason for his expulsion but this information as far as I am aware has not been confirmed. The school authorities may have caught wind he was selling knives and used it as justification to expel him but he may never have been directly caught. Hence no charges were ever filed.

We cannot rely on law enforcement to do their job 100% perfect all the time in order to avoid mass shootings. Its just not gonna happen. In a country with strict gun control, Cruz would have never been able to get his hands on a gun.
Cruz was 19 when he committed the attacks at Parkland so it stands to reason he was legally an adult for many of his offenses. Law enforcement on so many levels failed. FBI agents should have followed up on his online threats to shoot up a school.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:48 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,752,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because I'm asking something that you can't dismiss with a cliché. Guns kill more easily than most tools and there is no proof that knives and care as effective as weapons of war. I asked to answer my simple question, you refuse to do so yet you continue to put forth the lie without support to your claim. Your premise would fail an intro to English argumentative essay because there is no meat to your claim. I'm sorry I proved you wrong but someone needed to.
Weapons of war? Are you referring to the AR-15? A firearm that has never been used by a standing military for combat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies