Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 04:40 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The media coverage of this is doing the liberal position on this zero good.

Essentially, the liberal media is held to be in the gutter in terms of political corruption as far as he Right is concerned, and thus their promotion and endorsement of these cough...organic marches is a poison association as far as the Right is concerned. People can March now until the next election and it will merely come off as an establishment supported stunt. Which is politically unmoving.
Nice spin job. There were 800 thousand people in the streets all across the country. How do you think the media should have covered it? Five minutes in the nightly news? It was and still is a BIG DEAL! And guess what, there is another march planned with the purpose and focus on registering people to vote. My bet is on these well organized kids moving the political goal post and kicking the NRA's influence out of Washington. Sorry that scares you.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:41 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
True but doesn’t mean we should continue their numbers without some control.
all it's really going to do is drive up the value and create a violent black market for the guns. history is pretty crystal clear as to what happens when items are banned. the demand increases and the prices skyrocket.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:41 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
don't shoot the messenger. I call em how I see em. fact of the matter is that the vast majority of this country was laughing at these kids. the majority of this country laughs at fauxtests. they're comical. no one takes them seriously.
How do you know the majority of this country was laughing at them? Any proof, that’s just your opinion.Definetely not what I have seen, and even those that don’t agree with them on this board are not laughing proven by their constant attacks to them.

When you find something harmless and funny, you laugh and move on. That’s not what I have seen on this board including yourself.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:42 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Nice spin job. There were 800 thousand people in the streets all across the country. How do you think the media should have covered it?
Like they usually do...

Old 03-25-2018, 04:42 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you think our Founders and Framers of the Constitution were a cult?
A lot of them were Freemasons. So technically yeah there were part of a cult.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:43 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You can be sure there will be more shootings in this country, but firearms aren't the reason for it.
And, i think i might order another lower tonight, just because.
Knock yourself out. I’m a gun owner myself. But I don’t believe it should be easy for those with mental and violent issues to get weapons like AR-15. And if you don’t think that letting those people get easy access to those weapons are part of the problem then you are in denial

Old 03-25-2018, 04:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
He apparently has a better-developed vocabulary than a Munchkin with a foul mouth named David Hogg.
So the guy that said "I can grab 'em by the *****, and they let me" isn't vulgar? I can give you it is "locker room speak" but to be honest, I haven't heard Hogg say anything that equals or surpasses that vulgarity in that hot miced "locker room talk" by Trump and Billy Bush on an Access Hollywood tour bus. Why Bush was suspended for this and Trump was elected POTUS disgusts me. The mental gymnastics of the now hypocritical evangelical right allowed this sexual assaults while they belittled the woman who is now in the position Melania Trump is due to her husband's indiscretions that was running against Mr. Trump (Hillary).

Oh wait, I figured out why it is vulgar to you. It is because you are a libertarian and believe guns should be available to anyone. The rights of the individual trumps that of the collective and "daddy gov't" shouldn't decide for the individuals because they have self-determination. I hate to break it to you, but that bass ackward logic is what gotten us to have mass shootings whether in a K-12 school, a community college, a University, a college town (going back to the Texas shooting of the 1960's), a restraint, a mal, a church, etc. I'm sorry but there have been too many of these instances in the last 19 years. We should have learned with Collumbine but we haven't.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Know more of what. Be specific.

Ill wait..
They know what it is like to get shot at while hiding. They watched their friends get blown away. When was the last time happened to you.

Conservatives have shown how sick and mental they are for attacking young people who survived a mass shooting. Sick people.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Maybe 20 years after liberals finally stop their Marxism LARPing conservatives would consider reducing things like magazine capacity limits. Until liberals stop toying with highly murderous ideologies, this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.
I think they all have a deathwish.

You've heard of suicide by cop?

They all seem to be going for suicide by citizen.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Knock yourself out. I’m a gun owner myself. But I don’t believe it should be easy for those with mental and violent issues to get weapons like AR-15. And if you don’t think that letting those people get easy access to those weapons are part of the problem then you are in denial
I thank you. I own a rifle too and think it isn't a good idea to allow mentally unstable people like the many mass shooters we have seen in the past decades also wife beaters too. Many states don't protect battered wives who put out protective orders. My home state "the one I live in, not originally from) Arizona doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies