Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 01:53 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,231,816 times

Advertisements

Anyone thinking SS will provide economic security or a safety net is a deluded fool, who if they wind up homeless and begging for scraps, is getting exactly what they deserve.

SS is just a tax, like any other tax. Its not a retirement plan. The government is not required to issue payments to any person under the law. And it is a huge Ponzi scheme that is totally unsustainable, like all Ponzi schemes. If any private person set up a scheme like SS they would be in prison for dozens of life terms like Bernie Madoff.

Bernie's crimes were a pittance compared to what SS is.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:54 PM

267 posts, read 122,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
OP can't be trusted. So, did you have an average GPA or did you graduate with honors? Here are two posts from her history.

1/3/2018 I did have more "free time" in college vs adulthood. I only worked part time in college. However a lot of my free time involved me avoiding doing homework or studying which resulted in an average GPA. But in the end that didn't matter because I majored in the right thing and got an internship my senior year which led to a job right after graduation.

5/10/2017 In college, I worked very hard to get a job. I graduated with honors (3.5ish gpa) in 2 majors, computer science and economics in 4 years. I worked part time at a help desk for my first two years, and was a co op after interning for my last two years. I also interned full time during sophomore, junior, and senior summers. At one point I had 2 internships while in school. I had a few side projects as well from free lancing. Also while in school, I was part of a research lab which I did for a year. Outside of school I was part of a social sorority (I was a vp of membership), coordinator for the student union, ACM, and an ambassador for the business school. I got a job after graduation making a decent salary. I have done well at my job (received a promotion each year I have been working - so 2 promotions) and am currently team lead with a
You looked up her posts because you felt that she was lying. That’s how I felt about the OP and I bet you we were not the only ones. We intuitively knew her story didn’t sound right

Let’s think for a moment what just happened here. Someone writes a story where everything seems well planned. With all the tools we have (internet, Suze Orman etc) how come it is so unlikely that someone could be living like the OP? I think this speaks volumes of human nature. When people are 18 or 22 they are not thinking about retirement or disability insurance.

OP is probably a creation of Cambridge Analytica. Their purpose is to make the masses believe that Social Security is a rip-off when in reality most people need it.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:56 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Oh, to be 24 and have all the answers again!

Old 03-26-2018, 01:58 PM

174 posts, read 113,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
You looked up her posts because you felt that she was lying. That’s how I felt about the OP and I bet you we were not the only ones. We intuitively knew her story didn’t sound right

Let’s think for a moment what just happened here. Someone writes a story where everything seems well planned. With all the tools we have (internet, Suze Orman etc) how come it is so unlikely that someone could be living like the OP? I think this speaks volumes of human nature. When people are 18 or 22 they are not thinking about retirement or disability insurance.

do you want a screenshot of my retirement savings?

Old 03-26-2018, 02:00 PM

267 posts, read 122,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatomicbomb90 View Post
do you want a screenshot of my retirement savings?
You don’t exist honey. The other Poster already proved your stories are fantasies.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
You don’t exist honey. The other OP already proved your stories are fantasies.

uh, if you think someone calling a 3.5 gpa average and then saying I graduated with honors is a huge contradiction and means I'm not real, ok.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,631,559 times
To the OP, I wasn't stalking you. I didn't trust you and the posts I found were not a year apart. Call me creepy, I don't care. I think the majority of your posts are not factual. Post history is there for a reason.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
To the OP, I wasn't stalking you. I didn't trust you and the posts I found were not a year apart. Call me creepy, I don't care. I think the majority of your posts are not factual. Post history is there for a reason.

and you've read though a year of post history and that is the most you could come up with? kind of shows you don't have much.

anyway, if you have any courage, this is my facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/monicach11

and my snapchat is

monicach11

feel free to message me there.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:17 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,111,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Oh, to be 24 and have all the answers again!
I'd like to be 24 again even if I was still the same idiot I was back then.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:18 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,529,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatomicbomb90 View Post
I invest in the market, not just a random savings account that just sits around not collecting interest, so it'll be more than 500k. I have a rental unit/investment property I'm paying off and intend to buy another in a few years and pay off by 30, so combined those should bring in another 1-2k/month. I also have a pension plan supplied by work that I'm 2 years away from being vested in. I don't want kids or a family either, so that should help. Personally, I don't really need more than 30k/year to survive.

Yes, a lot of people make plans but then life happens. What if the market goes south and your investments tank? What if you can't buy another rental property or can't pay it off? What if your pension disappears (that has happened to more than one retiree)? As others have said, you could have a major illness or accident that wipes out everything you have saved. You could even be sued -what if your tenant is injured on one of your properties and sues you? If the injury is severe enough, you could be paying out a whole lot of money. None of these scenarios might happen but you shouldn't assume that it will all be smooth sailing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies