Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:45 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

The brutal killing of a Holocaust survivor raises anti-Semitism fears in France.

Mirielle Kroll, an 85 year old Holocaust survivor was murdered by neighbors alleged targeting her for her religion. She was stabbed 11 times and, for emphasis, her house was set on fire. According to the Times of Israel, "(t)he killing comes a year after an Orthodox Jewish woman in her sixties was thrown out of the window of her Paris flat by a neighbor shouting “Allahu Akhbar.”Thousands march in Paris in memory of murdered Holocaust survivor.

According to a recent NY Times article,In France, Officer Slain After Swapping Places With Hostage Is Hailed as Hero, "France mourned a police officer who died of his injuries after swapping places with a hostage held by a gunman claiming allegiance to the Islamic State."

What is going on there? What is coming to France?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 09:49 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Reap what you sow

Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Extremist political groups on both the left and the right are often filled to the brim with anti-semites. The alt-right, which has grown in popularity across the globe, is extremely anti-Semitic.

And that's just the natives; the Muslim world does have a problem with anti-Semitism as well. As such, it shouldn't be of much surprise that some of that would come with with immigrants leaving that part of the world.

I have often been amused that Islamic fundamentalists and far right groups hate each other despite their mutual disdain for Jews. It's a morbid thought, but it's strangely fascinating as well.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:22 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I like how they try to broadly characterize these anti semitic acts with anti semitism in general.

These horrible crimes we're committed by those of Muslim background, not the far right groups.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:24 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Reap what you sow
You mean this old lady was a bad guy and deserved to die?

Old 03-29-2018, 10:40 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Why am I only seeing this on one english language source?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:12 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Why am I only seeing this on one english language source?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...ack/ar-BBKKOn4

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04a59a3145140

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/w...or-murder.html

Old 03-29-2018, 11:17 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Extremist political groups on both the left and the right are often filled to the brim with anti-semites. The alt-right, which has grown in popularity across the globe, is extremely anti-Semitic.

And that's just the natives; the Muslim world does have a problem with anti-Semitism as well. As such, it shouldn't be of much surprise that some of that would come with with immigrants leaving that part of the world.

I have often been amused that Islamic fundamentalists and far right groups hate each other despite their mutual disdain for Jews. It's a morbid thought, but it's strangely fascinating as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/w...byn-mural.html

While hostility to Jews is often associated with right-wing politics, under the Labour Party’s most left-wing leader in recent history, anti-Semitism is now “more conspicuous, more commonplace and more corrosive” than at any time she can remember, according to Ms. Berger, who is the parliamentary chairwoman of the Jewish Labour Movement.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You mean this old lady was a bad guy and deserved to die?
Of course not, silly
Import the ideology that historically hates Jews and ..who’s great idea was it to flood themselves with the barbarian culture?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:28 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/w...byn-mural.html

While hostility to Jews is often associated with right-wing politics, under the Labour Party’s most left-wing leader in recent history, anti-Semitism is now “more conspicuous, more commonplace and more corrosive” than at any time she can remember, according to Ms. Berger, who is the parliamentary chairwoman of the Jewish Labour Movement.
I assume you're just adding to what I said, and not trying to deflect attention away from the alt-right (whom I brought up because they're a relatively new and fast growing phenomenon). Because if you were indeed doing that, I'd view that as a defense of their anti-semitism. But you'd surely never do use such a childish and vile tactic and are instead just confirming that anti-semitism is indeed on the rise, on both the left and the right sides of the spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies