Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 02:12 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
imagine if one of those surviving Sandy Hook five year olds were interviewed and said they were scared to go back to school and were afraid of guns.

how the right would excoriate that child! makes me want to vomit.
I would believe the idiotic media would stoop so low as to stick a microphone and a camera in a 5 yr olds face to make them recount a tragic event

Old 03-29-2018, 02:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You folks just keep on being as sweet as you can be towards these young people, don't you? I smell fear.
I smell a movement that is not going to be stopped because of an arrogant big-mouth right wing bully.

Advertisers do not care about her weak apology. I hope she gets cancelled.

Then Trump will hire her--she has blonde hair and works for Fox -- qualifications enough for a bozo who 'only hires the best people.'

The entire admin will be run by Fox & Friends soon--they are already the senior advisors.

Fox host apologises for taunting Parkland student David Hogg - BBC News

Old 03-29-2018, 02:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Here's what gets me:

High school kids are WAY meaner than this to each other on a daily basis.

They constantly call each other names and drop the f bomb and every other horrible word. The only thing meaner than high schoolers are middle schoolers.

And Hogg thinks Laura I. should lose sponsors because she said he was whiny?

I can guarantee you being called whiny didn't bother him a bit. This is just the new playbook by SJW....I don't like what you said, so I'm going to pitch a fit. He's trying to extend his 15 minutes.

BTW, as a UCLA grad, I'm glad he got rejected.
She was trying to demean him by saying that multiple schools had declined his application for admission. In other words, he failed, was rejected, was a loser.

You don't like someone's political stance? Point out why they are wrong. But don't use your national audience to attack someone because not every school offered a student admission. Many students don't get accepted at every school they apply to. It's an invalid avenue of attack, and it's inappropriate for Ms Ingraham to have tried it. Hence her apology.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:21 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
From his 14 year old sister:

https://twitter.com/lauren_hoggs/sta...40000045559808

A 14 year old advising Ingram to grow up. Priceless.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She was trying to demean him by saying that multiple schools had declined his application for admission. In other words, he failed, was rejected, was a loser.

You don't like someone's political stance? Point out why they are wrong. But don't use your national audience to attack someone because not every school offered a student admission. Many students don't get accepted at every school they apply to. It's an invalid avenue of attack, and it's inappropriate for Ms Ingraham to have tried it. Hence her apology.
It's an over reaction.

Was he whining? Sort of.

Did she need to comment on it? Probably not.

Is the reaction of "let's cancel her show and deprive her of income" a mature or equal response to calling him whiny?

NO.

Frankly, it makes him look even more whiny.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:26 PM

45,423 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Hogg is now a public figure so he should expect every flaw and peccadillo he has to be examined ad infinitum.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:31 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Hogg whined about that on Twitter, first. She just commented on his self-centered public whining. So, Hogg the bully got a little bit back. Big deal.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
It's an over reaction.

Was he whining? Sort of.

Is the reaction of "let's cancel her show and deprive her of income" a mature or equal response to calling him whiny?

NO.

Maybe it is an over-reaction. She wasn't just making a comment, though. She was attacking a young man for something that had nothing to do with his political opinions. His reaction was to use what she said against her. He didn't make her sponsors do anything. He's not cancelling her show. He just listed out her top sponsors, so that people could reach out to the sponsors and express their feelings about what she did.

I don't think he was whining to begin with, and I don't think it makes him look more whiny. He's using the resources he has.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
It's an over reaction.

Was he whining? Sort of.

NO.

These aren't the typical old fossils that Fox News is used to suckering. These kids are media and tech savvy. They know how to use social media to affect change. They aren't going to roll over for Fox. And Fox better learn that fact quickly, or it is going to end up being very costly for them.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:34 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
It's an over reaction.

Was he whining? Sort of.

NO.

Yep, and it'll backfire. There's already a counter-boycott. The advertisers just should have stayed out of it. Now, they've p'ssed off both sides. Lose/lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies