Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2018, 03:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
But that wouldn’t be legal. How do I do it legally?

Do you want to do business, or not?
No different than building an engine for your car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 04:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Uh, yeah. I know all that. The issue is BentBow claiming that a regular receiver (not an 80%) can legally be shipped through the mail, without going through a FFL. He’s wrong.

And you’re wrong about not being able to sell a gun made with an 80% receiver. You absolutely can sell it.

If you want to buy my complete AR-10, I can ship it to you today. All I need is the payment.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:07 PM

10,785 posts, read 5,706,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you want to buy my complete AR-10, I can ship it to you today. All I need is the payment.
Again, you can’t legally do it. Your willingness to break the law isn’t the issue.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:12 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
If I get your point
Lots of police departments confiscate weapons after a justified shooting and never return them - they are “evidence”
Makes you want to stick with cheap guns doesn’t it

Old 04-08-2018, 04:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
Quote:
Uh, yeah. I know all that. The issue is BentBow claiming that a regular receiver (not an 80%) can legally be shipped through the mail, without going through a FFL. He’s wrong.

And you’re wrong about not being able to sell a gun made with an 80% receiver. You absolutely can sell it.
bentbow is wrong about a lot of things. as for starting with a 80% receiver, building a gun, and then selling it, you are getting into a legal grey area here. perhaps you can sell it in a private sale, one maybe, check with a lawyer though before you do. however if you start building AR15s, and selling them, you are becoming a manufacturer of guns, and you then need to get the proper licensing from the BATF and follow the laws regarding manufacturing and selling firearms, including putting a serial number of the guns you manufacture.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:59 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Liberals don't care about the law. They want rule by man.

They are going to disregard any law they don't like.
Kinda what you are advocating .

Old 04-08-2018, 05:00 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you shouldn't have a gun, you should not be allowed out in society, as prey.
That is a trump answer if I have ever heard one.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:18 PM

10,785 posts, read 5,706,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
bentbow is wrong about a lot of things. as for starting with a 80% receiver, building a gun, and then selling it, you are getting into a legal grey area here. perhaps you can sell it in a private sale, one maybe, check with a lawyer though before you do. however if you start building AR15s, and selling them, you are becoming a manufacturer of guns, and you then need to get the proper licensing from the BATF and follow the laws regarding manufacturing and selling firearms, including putting a serial number of the guns you manufacture.
Making a gun with the intent to sell it requires a manufacturers license. Making a gun with the intent to keep it does not require a license, AND that gun may be subsequently sold.

This isn’t a “legal grey area;” the law is quite clear on this.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:23 PM

50,412 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Bentbow is correct about the constitutional intent. We've just allowed our Govt to dilute it to where it is now.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Bentbow is correct about the constitutional intent. We've just allowed our Govt to dilute it to where it is now.
i agree with this, bentbow however pushes things too far, and makes plenty of erroneous statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies