Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 06:47 PM

26,590 posts, read 15,161,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Read me the 2nd amendment...
Show me the age requirement, clause?
Show me the denial of a person to keep & bear when told by government requirement, clause?
Show me the mentally sane, requirement clause?
Show me the non-felon, requirement clause?
Show me the shall infringe when we want, clause?
Show me the registration requirement clause?

Not who you were talking to, but the Supreme Court has already ruled that your rights do have limitations not specified in the constitution, as the constitution is a framework. For example, I can't use my free speech 1st Amendment rights to incite violence against someone or falsely scream fire in a crowded movie theater. If I owned a TV channel and deliberately made up false stories to attack an individual without evidence, I could get sued, lose, and owe a lot of money in damages -- because there are limits to free speech.

No where does the 2nd Amendment say you can't own a nuclear dirty bomb. Wouldn't you agree that they should be banned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 07:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Again, you can’t legally do it. Your willingness to break the law isn’t the issue.
I can sell my buddy any gun I have. You are my friend, right?
Use to be classifieds in the newspaper, for used guns and ammo. Still are in the small town newspapers.
Only a dealer has to fool with that unconstitutional crap, or have the boot of government on their throats.

I'm a private person, making a private sale of my firearm. You have not indicated to me, you shouldn't have it. So to my knowledge, you are not under indictment. I don't even need to know your name.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
bentbow is wrong about a lot of things. as for starting with a 80% receiver, building a gun, and then selling it, you are getting into a legal grey area here. perhaps you can sell it in a private sale, one maybe, check with a lawyer though before you do. however if you start building AR15s, and selling them, you are becoming a manufacturer of guns, and you then need to get the proper licensing from the BATF and follow the laws regarding manufacturing and selling firearms, including putting a serial number of the guns you manufacture.

Randy Weaver v. The United States of America

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/ruby2.html

Old 04-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you were talking to, but the Supreme Court has already ruled that your rights do have limitations not specified in the constitution, as the constitution is a framework. For example, I can't use my free speech 1st Amendment rights to incite violence against someone or falsely scream fire in a crowded movie theater. If I owned a TV channel and deliberately made up false stories to attack an individual without evidence, I could get sued, lose, and owe a lot of money in damages -- because there are limits to free speech.

No where does the 2nd Amendment say you can't own a nuclear dirty bomb. Wouldn't you agree that they should be banned?

Your & my rights don't come from 9 people in black robes, each with a different OPINION to get to their conclusion, than the other.

Our rights are clearly stated in the text. Written so clearly, it needs no opinion, but from the people that declared they existed, before the Bill of Rights declared it in a legal document, to remove all doubt.

No where does it say I can't own a Nuke. So, in this nirvana fallacy you came up with, the bright idea is to strip more power to secure a free state, from the people. All that blank space, is your liberty to choose for yourself, the arms you are well regulated in their use and mechanics.

Last edited by BentBow; 04-08-2018 at 07:54 PM..

Old 04-08-2018, 07:42 PM

10,792 posts, read 5,728,047 times
Quote:
I can sell my buddy any gun I have. You are my friend, right?
Use to be classifieds in the newspaper, for used guns and ammo. Still are in the small town newspapers.
Only a dealer has to fool with that unconstitutional crap, or have the boot of government on their throats.

I'm a private person, making a private sale of my firearm. You have not indicated to me, you shouldn't have it. So to my knowledge, you are not under indictment. I don't even need to know your name.
Sure, you can sell it to me. But you can’t legally send it directly to me - it has to go through a FFL in my state.

Surely you know this. . .

Old 04-08-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Sure, you can sell it to me. But you can’t legally send it directly to me - it has to go through a FFL in my state.

Surely you know this. . .

What is going to stop me and you from making it happen?
Do you realize how man tons of illegal drugs are in route right now, through a mail carrier?
Do they have dog that can smell an assembled lower, disassembled rifle or shotgun, or even a pistol, boxed in a metal can or tube?

Do you realize how many firearms are being delivered by the mailman today?

I can ship overseas to the UK. and it will make it on time, no questions asked.

Unconstitutional people control law, is unconstitutional. I am as sovereign as them. I can also wage my own war, the same as they.
Give me Liberty, or give me Death.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:09 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,645,367 times
Quote:
What is going to stop me and you from making it happen?
Do you realize how man tons of illegal drugs are in route right now, through a mail carrier?
Do they have dog that can smell an assembled lower, disassembled rifle or shotgun, or even a pistol, boxed in a metal can or tube?

Do you realize how many firearms are being delivered by the mailman today?

I can ship overseas to the UK. and it will make it on time, no questions asked.

Unconstitutional people control law, is unconstitutional. I am as sovereign as them. I can also wage my own war, the same as they.
Give me Liberty, or give me Death.
ok patrick lol

Old 04-08-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
ok patrick lol

Laws do nothing for people with free will.
They are a false sense of security.
Every law ever made by man, stole the liberty of another man.
There are 3 laws in this land.
Don't swindle or steal, you may die for it.
Don't threaten anyone, their family, or their property, you may die for it.
Don't harm anyone, their family, or their property, you may die for it.
Even then, it isn't illegal until one gets caught.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:28 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,643,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I was a felon I would not even bother getting denied at a gun store. I can simply have all the parts sent to my house, all legal.
Or buy from your "friends" in the city.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Or buy from your "friends" in the city.

When I was growing up, my grandpa always had a gun to trade for a hunting dog, or vice-versa.
We would go out coonhunting at night or bear hunting for a week, and he would comeback with a couple of new rifles or a pistol, and be light a few dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies