Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 05:08 PM

9,538 posts, read 4,364,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Did any of you READ the article? It was a piece aimed at parents. Not 2nd graders, not preschoolers, not 5th graders. It's a program aimed at parents. And they can opt out of receiving items. Which the parent in question did.

Talk about your double-bacon nothing burgers. Yeesh.
You apparently didn't read the article. Try again. Teaching kids that they're victims is hardly a nothing burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
But did the OP read it? Nope.
Yes, I did. You obviously didn't.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
^^^This. Furthermore, it was not part of the school curriculum, but something put together by the PTA.
Again. READ THE ARTICLE. The mother is upset because she believes this information was taught to her child. The lunacy of the left has emerged once again. Don't agree with the message? Refuse to read the article, then accuse everyone who disagrees with you of not reading it.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:22 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,773,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Did any of you READ the article? It was a piece aimed at parents. Not 2nd graders, not preschoolers, not 5th graders. It's a program aimed at parents. And they can opt out of receiving items. Which the parent in question did.

Talk about your double-bacon nothing burgers. Yeesh.
But they gave it to a 2nd grader to bring home. I don't know about you but I could read quite well when I was in 2nd grade. If it is for the parents then give it to the parents. They know where they live. Instead they gave it to the kids, probably hoping the kids will read it before giving it to the parents.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:25 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,600,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Again. READ THE ARTICLE. The mother is upset because she believes this information was taught to her child. The lunacy of the left has emerged once again. Don't agree with the message? Refuse to read the article, then accuse everyone who disagrees with you of not reading it.
Yes, I did read it. I read that she alleges that the material was taught in the classroom. It's interesting that there are no details as to why she believes that. Does she have anything to back up her claim? Things her child has said, anything? If she does, that's another story, but right now, what I see is a parent that didn't like something that was written for adults, and an extremely provocative and inflammatory thread title.

I agree that the material is not appropriate for a child that age, but there is nothing wrong with providing it to parents who are interested in it.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:26 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,941,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Govt schools are child abuse.
Yes, they are. Agree 100%.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:27 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,600,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
But they gave it to a 2nd grader to bring home. I don't know about you but I could read quite well when I was in 2nd grade. If it is for the parents then give it to the parents. They know where they live. Instead they gave it to the kids, probably hoping the kids will read it before giving it to the parents.
When I was in school, stuff was sent home with me for my parents all the time. I agree it's not the best way, particularly if the item in question is something the child may not want the parent to see, which is a whole other topic. Nevertheless, that's the way it was.

I do kind of wonder why they didn't use email, though. Cheaper, for one thing.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Yes, I did read it. I read that she alleges that the material was taught in the classroom. It's interesting that there are no details as to why she believes that. Does she have anything to back up her claim? Things her child has said, anything? If she does, that's another story, but right now, what I see is a parent that didn't like something that was written for adults, and an extremely provocative and inflammatory thread title.

I agree that the material is not appropriate for a child that age, but there is nothing wrong with providing it to parents who are interested in it.
The point of the article was that the parent believes the information is being taught in the classroom. Sitting here on the internet we can't "prove" anything - but ask yourself why would a person-of-color make up such a thing? Also, why would the school need to provide such information to parents? I'll tell you why: because the school/PTA thinks they're smarter/better than everyone else and their political views are the only views worth having. As stated in my original post, this nonsense is racist and insulting. Imagine if you were a minority and your child's school started lecturing you on how you're downtrodden and need to be protected. Minorities don't need white people's help. The fact that some folks think they do is the epitome of racism.

The hypocrisy of the left is breathtaking. You complain about "mansplaining" when men talk down to women, but have no problem talking to minorities like they're inferior. Disgusting.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:44 PM

17,638 posts, read 17,743,919 times
Some schools have been teaching hate for more than a decade. Hate USA, hate the military, hate the cops, hate the Jews (in relation to their hatred of Israel), and hate white people (especially men).

Old 04-06-2018, 10:28 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Some schools have been teaching hate for more than a decade. Hate USA, hate the military, hate the cops, hate the Jews (in relation to their hatred of Israel), and hate white people (especially men).
Oh please, where did you get this from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies