Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm referring to the way he's attacked pretty much every other world leader.

I don't need to provide you links. You know how to Google.

And, being excited to meet with a dictator is hardly impressive. He's not going to get anything out of this "summit" that doesn't benefit Kim more than it does the rest of us.
It's o.k., we understand you are mad that progress is happening.

I also guess that is the new lefty mantra....I can say something, but I don't have to prove anything I say...go use google...sad, but expected from many on this board....
Google!

More fake news.

Just ask the Nazified California GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 10:34 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Actually Trump really really cares about that sort of thing. I think one of the big things that enrages Trump about Trudeau is he's taller, younger and better looking while Trump looks like a gargoyle. His last health report gave him a weight number just under obese range. Take away the height and he becomes obese. For him to have gone to that much trouble (because we know Trump likes to write his own health reports) he had to care.
The guy's a narcissist. This was no shocking revelation to anyone. But think about it for a second. A 70 year old man is less attractive than a 46 year old one? Imagine my shock! Rewind to the point where Trump was 46 and you might have an interesting debate on your hands (I'm not attracted to men, so I'd be a lousy judge), but I still wouldn't care. Being better looking does not make you a better world leader. Trudeau is doing a terrible job IMHO. He's a globalist and a Neo-Marxist, both of which are doing no help and significant harm to Canada.

In the grand pissing contest over who is taller, you'd have to actually have somebody measure both of them.

No idea what this has to do with the North Korean Summit.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:36 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He's abandoned an ally and made a dictator look good, in return for a vague declaration of intent. Show me the progress.

Talking to Kim Jong Un is not progress. Kim has been desperate for people to meet him, to elevate him to statesman and not an international pariah. Going to meet him was already a colossal concession to North Korea. And then Trump threw South Korea under the bus, on top of that?

Your dealmaker was had.
Intellectual dishonesty at its finest. The preliminaries have already been negotiated. These meetings are largely symbolic, and are done after all the fine tuning. I'll trust the word of General Mattis, Mike Pompeo and John Bolton who have actively negotiated the details with SK to even get us here. They have access and priveleges to discussions that YOU or I, Rachel Maddow or Bill Maher aren't privy to.

And yes, talking to Kim and getting him to he negotiating table is "progress", it's a historical and monumental feat. It's apart of the negotiation process which is going well for Trump AND the country.

If Moon is satisfied with the progress as an apolitical, bipartisan contributor to this deal--you should be too.

Just Sit back and enjoy it, and route for the winning team for a change

Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 AM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Balls of steel?

Putin has Trump's balls in his pocket.

Xi is playing Trump for a fool.
Putin also has Barack Hussein Obama's and Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton's chastity belts in his pocket too.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:39 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/agreedframework

In case you missed it in my post - I'm saying that last time, NK got a lot of what they wanted and we got empty promises. And that's exactly how it panned out.

This time, we've given NK things like "safety guarantees" and "no more war games."

And what exactly did we get back?

Empty promises.

The current sanctions are still in place, we gave them nothing, your link was published in 2017

Quote:
Posted: August 13, 2017

No more war games is a lie, we halted them (one maybe) for a little....we may back off of them for a while, but those are the joint training exercises, not the individual unit training.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:40 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Intellectual dishonesty at its finest. The preliminaries have already been negotiated. These meetings are largely symbolic, and are done after all the fine tuning. I'll trust the word of General Mattis, Mike Pompeo and John Bolton who have actively negotiated the details with SK to even get us here. They have access and priveleges to discussions that YOU or I, Rachel Maddow or Bill Maher aren't privy to.

And yes, talking to Kim and getting him to he negotiating table is "progress", it's a historical and monumental feat. It's apart of the negotiation process which is going well for Trump AND the country.

Sit back and enjoy it
And none of this is accurate. Yes, you are correct in terms of the general outline, and that typically, a meeting between two leaders would be to ratify all of the details. But that hasn't happened yet. There are no details, there are no timelines, there's just touchy feely stuff.

And no, getting Kim to the table is not progress, it's the opposite as a matter of fact. Kim and his predecessors have been trying to get this meeting for decades. Other presidents held out for multilateral talks, while North Korea wanted one on one with the US. Gee, look who won this round.....

Old 06-12-2018, 10:42 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Trump told the press that if Kim does not de-nuke that he (Trump) will just lie about it and say they did! Not only that, but Trump said he discussed the real estate potential of his "deal" but barely mentioned the human rights abuses that go on in NK.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:42 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He's abandoned an ally and made a dictator look good, in return for a vague declaration of intent. Show me the progress.

Talking to Kim Jong Un is not progress. Kim has been desperate for people to meet him, to elevate him to statesman and not an international pariah. Going to meet him was already a colossal concession to North Korea. And then Trump threw South Korea under the bus, on top of that?

Your dealmaker was had.
It's about more than Kim and Trump. The North Koreans have been in a suspended war mode for centuries with starvation being their main sacrifice. We and our allies have been dodging bombs and threats for years.

Talking is progress. Promise and compromise made is progress. The door is now open to end nuclear threat, fear, starvation and a hostile region. It's farther than any president has been willing to go and sacrifice for the sake of peace and safety in Asia. Sometimes you need to bend a little.

Didn't you learn this is elementary school? Calm down, talk it out, see both sides, compromise, etc. Our bullying, his bullying has had plenty of time to work if was going to it would have by now.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The preliminaries have already been negotiated. These meetings are largely symbolic, and are done after all the fine tuning. I'll trust the word of General Mattis, Mike Pompeo and John Bolton who have actively negotiated the details with SK to even get us here.
Show me some evidence of that. Because the document that has a signature on it is vague as all out.

Quote:
And yes, talking to Kim and getting him to he negotiating table is "progress"
For North Korea. They've been itching for validation for decades.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
The key to manipulating Kim is what Dennis Rodman has always said when asked what Kim is really like as a person. "He's like a big kid." That seemed to fly over the heads of so called experts.

Trump is using that little bit of info to burrow into Kim's brain. He arranged the meeting in Singapore, a model city where, like any Millennial, Kim explored the town the night before. I heard Rush say that someone (Pompeo?) showed Kim a video on an iPad of a beach resort with high-rise hotels and said that could be North Korea's future. Trump showed Kim The Beast, his armored car with all sorts of bells and whistles. Kim is a little kid and loved it. You know he will want one for himself.

The Loonies call Trump a buffoon and an idiot yet he's gotten farther along in the process of peace in Korea than Obama (or any other president). What does that make them? Rush said this morning that the Loonies excuse is "Obama didn't really want to do it. He knew Kim wasn't ready. Kim just happened to be ready now."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies