Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:20 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Totally unbelievable...and I mean that literally.
Ok, the school district was Collier County School District. Florida. That diagnostic center was across the street from Naples Community Hospital. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the place. Enough for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 06:27 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
What sent me over the top with all these drugs? Going to an appointed work physical (public school) and being screamed at by the NP for a 4 page questionnaire of the medications I was taking and putting a line through all of them. A young 19 year old next to me did the same.

We were SCREAMED at by the NP. "What is wrong with you people?". You mean because we weren't taking any DRUGS? The young woman started crying. What the hell is wrong with YOU, Nurse?

ALL Americans must be "patriotic" and take medications? Ask your doctor if bla, bla, bla, it right for you. That experience really opened my eyes to the medical profession.
Wow, what an eye opening post. Thanks for sharing. That kind of reaction shows how their minds work, and that NP adds up to a big zero on the human scale.

Last edited by Taz22; 07-10-2018 at 06:39 PM..

Old 07-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Im 70, and was in the hospital last yr for 12 hours for a sudden onset bladder infection. The ER wasnt concerned about the bladder infection but went off the deep end over my wbc even though I felt fine and didnt have a temp. So they admitted me against my better judgement. After I was moved upstairs, the nurse comes in to take vitals and ask questions. She of course wants to know what medications I take. I say Vit C. She says how are are you and you only take vitC? Yup. She starts laughing and says OMG a totally normal person! I love you! And starts laughing some more. I say I guess you dont see very many like me? She says, You are so rare. Everyone is on drugs nowadays”

That says it all. That something is deeply wrong with modern medicine.
I’m familiar with this situation. When I’d go over meds with seniors in order to recommend a PDP, some in their seventies and even older would not be taking anything. When my initial surprise wore off, I’d realize how much more alert and tuned in these folks sounded, over many who were much younger and taking a dozen prescriptions.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:03 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I’m familiar with this situation. When I’d go over meds with seniors in order to recommend a PDP, some in their seventies and even older would not be taking anything. When my initial surprise wore off, I’d realize how much more alert and tuned in these folks sounded, over many who were much younger and taking a dozen prescriptions.
It was an eye opening comment. I couldnt believe it. The first occurred 2 yrs ago when I took a very bad fall off my horse. First the ER couldnt believe someone my age was riding/training a horse. That should have given me a clue about how stupid they were. Then after tests that showed my hip wasnt broken but only badly badly bruised, the idiot nurse says we are going to send you off with a walker. I say what happened to crutches? She says we dont give crutches to the elderly. They cant handled them.”

I wont repeat the words that came out of my mouth over that stupid comment but I got the crutches. The discrimination, the stereotyping, the push to take this drug and that drug, and have this test and that test, and to convince people they must have some type of chronic disease is what modern medicine has become. I have no respect. People need to think twice about going to a dr.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:04 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh, takes me back to when I worked in a private school and had to control the meds for the children. A sweet boy would come in for his daily ritalin and honestly he was a little zombie. It killed me to dowel it out to him. One day when he sat down and talked with me he said he took prozac before he left home. He was about 10 and his father was an MD.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was years ago and I often wonder about all the children I came in contact with and how they are doing today.

Two boys for sure were really healthy and their parent was a chiro and not into the major vaccine pushes.
Never knew you worked in schools. Back in 2005 I worked in a Kinder class. Smithtown Public School District, LI, NY, for non-believers. It is required that Kinder classes have a TA in the room. This school district preferred to have Special Ed Paras.

One little boy in class had ADHD but his parents refused to give him Ritalin. He would run around the room and empty out shelves of books while the teacher was having carpet time. Medicate him into compliance? His parents refused to do that. They did not have that right? It was MY JOB to meet the needs of these kids.

I took him out of the room and just let him RUN and then sat him down and talked to him. You know, you have to get your work done. If you do not do it in class, you will have to do it at home instead? Yes, I know. Your parents are not going to be very happy when they hear about your behavior in class, will they? No, they won't. Let's go back to class and do your work. Ok.

Same for autistic young child (not on any drugs) I worked with. When he would not sit in class, I took him to the fish tank in lobby. It calmed him. We TALKED. Count how many fish are in the tank. What colors are the fish? Why do the fish swim to the top of the water and make bubbles? Can your DRUGS do this? TALK, TALK, TALK.

No, I am not a "medical professional" but I lived this 24/7 for 18+ years with my own children. Does not count? They were not medicated into oblivion. Tough if you do not think that doctors, nurses push drugs. Turn on your TV. "Ask your doctor, if bla, bla, bla, is right for you"

Old 07-10-2018, 07:47 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
This wasn't true with ADHD. Many people believe it was invented to sell drugs, but actually the disorder was diagnosed before there were drugs to deal with it. I have a child with ADHD and got tired of hearing it was a made-up disorder. It's not.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:48 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I don't know who invented ADD and ADHD, but I believe those are totally made up diseases (for the most part - there are some EXTREME cases of typically young males who might fit the criteria) - but for the most part, I believe the diseases were made up to drug kids who can't sit in school for six plus hours. !
No. Completely false. They are not made up disorders. It may be wrongly diagnosed in some children, but its still a real disorder for many others. There weren't even drugs to treat it until after it was being diagnosed.

https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/child...ty-or-excuse#1

Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Never knew you worked in schools. Back in 2005 I worked in a Kinder class. Smithtown Public School District, LI, NY, for non-believers. It is required that Kinder classes have a TA in the room. This school district preferred to have Special Ed Paras.

One little boy in class had ADHD but his parents refused to give him Ritalin. He would run around the room and empty out shelves of books while the teacher was having carpet time. Medicate him into compliance? His parents refused to do that. They did not have that right? It was MY JOB to meet the needs of these kids.

I took him out of the room and just let him RUN and then sat him down and talked to him. You know, you have to get your work done. If you do not do it in class, you will have to do it at home instead? Yes, I know. Your parents are not going to be very happy when they hear about your behavior in class, will they? No, they won't. Let's go back to class and do your work. Ok.

Same for autistic young child (not on any drugs) I worked with. When he would not sit in class, I took him to the fish tank in lobby. It calmed him. We TALKED. Count how many fish are in the tank. What colors are the fish? Why do the fish swim to the top of the water and make bubbles? Can your DRUGS do this? TALK, TALK, TALK.

No, I am not a "medical professional" but I lived this 24/7 for 18+ years with my own children. Does not count? They were not medicated into oblivion. Tough if you do not think that doctors, nurses push drugs. Turn on your TV. "Ask your doctor, if bla, bla, bla, is right for you"
Doctors and nurses don't push drugs. If that is your perception then you apparently are weak and can't defend yourself...or you're so defensive you misinterpret every conversation that way.

I guess they must not be "pushing" very effectively if drug companies have to spend money to market their drugs on TV! What, those lazy doctors won't do it all for free?!

What I find amazing is that your experiences are 180 degrees different than mine. I had thyroid cancer and since it was removed I have to take Synthroid. Big deal...without it, I die...I'm glad I can take that pill every day. Other than that I developed allergies a few years ago...my doc could have prescribed a bunch of stuff but instead recommended OTC products that are cheap and effective. I'm okay with that. I'm 55 and no one has pushed statins on me. They'd like me to get mammos every year but the recommendation has changed so I do that less often - big deal! No one has ever yelled at me or embarrassed me or refused to see me unless I do it! I'm an educated and informed adult and they treat me like one.

You guys see some crazy doctors and somehow think they're normal and that's your excuse to tear down medicine as a science. Maybe you need to read about all the kids dying because their parents use religion as a reason to avoid medicine - you're one step away from that.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Many of us have a need for thyroid support even with a thyroid. My belief is that those without thyroids now are not getting the right dose or the right brand. But that's another subject... Did you ever question that one. MOST allopathic MD's use only one thyroid med and there are many others that are known to do a better job. But Syn helps support some medical schools so they buy their way in doc's offices. There is a long history on the thyroid medications and what has transpired...do you know it Renee? When I started on my thyroid quest in early 2002s and getting the right one and dose, thyroid support forums were my best friends.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
It was an eye opening comment. I couldnt believe it. The first occurred 2 yrs ago when I took a very bad fall off my horse. First the ER couldnt believe someone my age was riding/training a horse. That should have given me a clue about how stupid they were. Then after tests that showed my hip wasnt broken but only badly badly bruised, the idiot nurse says we are going to send you off with a walker. I say what happened to crutches? She says we dont give crutches to the elderly. They cant handled them.”

I wont repeat the words that came out of my mouth over that stupid comment but I got the crutches. The discrimination, the stereotyping, the push to take this drug and that drug, and have this test and that test, and to convince people they must have some type of chronic disease is what modern medicine has become. I have no respect. People need to think twice about going to a dr.
Williepaws, the Queen is in her nineties and still rides. I saw a picture of her in the Daily Mail a few months ago, she was riding and looked so happy, bless her. Sorry to hear the idiots in the ER gave you a hard time, I’ve run across many people in the health care industry and am familiar with that kind of limited thinking. I’ve sold health insurance for years and have heard many complaints from people about the very things you describe, discrimination, stereotypes and the push to take this or that drug. Modern medicine has become a money grab. I still use them, but turn more and more to natural practitioners.

Last edited by Taz22; 07-10-2018 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies