Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:20 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

Everyone should be scared... but that doesn't equate to being a coward or a sign of weakness.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleRussian View Post
As for me, the question: "Are you scared of a war?" should have only one correct answer: "yes". At least I don`t think that anyone in your country or in our country should want the war. Americans don`t want the war, Russians don`t want the war, as far as I`m aware. The more important question is: "Who wants the war?" Putin? I don`t think so. Our presidents just follow geopolitical interests of our countries and that makes that war possible at least in our minds. There should be enough wisdom on both sides to avoid the war. There should be enough wisdom to understand each other. There should be enough wisdom to find a compromise. One thing really concerns me, I can`t find that point where we can find that position of the compromise. I can`t find that way to avoid the permanent opposition of our countries. Even though we eventually avoid the war right now we don`t have any perspective to avoid the permanent opposition in the future. Could you tell me your thoughts on that?
there is a difference between being scared of something, and not wanting to do something negative. i dont want to go to war, but i dont fear war either.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:31 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there is a difference between being scared of something, and not wanting to do something negative. i dont want to go to war, but i dont fear war either.
Good point. I don't have an irrational fear or war, or anything for that matter. I can't control it, so why worry about it? If things get tense, and I believe we are getting closer to war that isn't prudent, I will let my elected officials know how I feel.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:42 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I'm familiar with Philko. He does live in Russia and he does do some stuff over there. He also has alot of people that he knows and does business with to help him out, to keep him out of trouble. I've watched several of his videos. Even he admits that there is alot of racism that takes place in Russia. He says that in Russia, it's alot more blunt. There is no such thing as anti-discrimination laws over there. If someone doesn't want to rent to Blacks, Asians,etc, a landlord can flat out say so and that's that.

I know about the mayor in that Russian town. Stuff like that does happen. A Black man ran for mayor in Tver. While there are Africans who do find their place in Russian society, stuff like Neo-Nazi violence still takes place. While this stuff has taken place in other places, it seems like more of it is taking place in Russia.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:44 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Between Russia and the USA, the USA has more to lose. I'm more afraid of a nuclear war.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:05 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
I'm the same. I don't believe in war but I think even with Trump we AT LEAST don't have to worry about whether it will endanger our lives because if Trump tried to do something that would get a lot of the country killed there would be people in the White House to stop them. I also worry enough about other things that I don't have the energy to worry about something that is so far away from me if that makes sense.

Also seeing 9/11 and that whole mess with Iran/Iraq makes me numb.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:08 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I see some fear mongering in other message boards, how do folks feel here?
We've had fear mongering here about Russia for the last 10+ years from idiot partisans.

Stand up to Russia....*gasp* nuclear war.

Try to work with them? Then you're either weak or in bed with Putin etc.

It's nothing but a political football.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Between Russia and the USA, the USA has more to lose. I'm more afraid of a nuclear war.
That's like signing up for group suicide and feeling good about it because hey, that guy has a better job than me!

I mean dear god, to steal from an old Sting song, The Russians love their children too.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:33 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Relax, that sort of thing only happens in the movies.

Nothing to worry about - Sting will save us.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:43 AM

Based upon the past 70+ year relationship with Russia, where we've both had large armies and nukes....our relationship is practically rosey in comparison to the 1960's etc.

To now run around hand-wringing is only evidence of what a 24-hour for-profit news cycle and do to people when they have to constantly stoke base emotions and re-hash, spin and speculate to keep viewers tuning in.

You see it a lot where I live whenever a storm rolls through and some of the local news stations will turn it into a "possibly CATASTROPHIC DOOOOOOOM!!!!!" Better stay tuned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies