Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 10:52 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No. Their aircraft carrier (their only one) doesn't work and cannot launch aircraft. It was shown in Iraq that their ground weapons do not work.

They are bluffing. Trump should have listened to those who urged massive strikes against Assad.
How do you have 15231 reputations?

Old 04-14-2018, 10:59 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
How do you have 15231 reputations?
Self-repping, paying for reps, etc.

Neocons tend to take care of their own.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:27 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do you have any facts, or evidence of that? Trump's policies have ALL been anti Russia, and anti Putin.

Energy policy - promoting the extraction, and use of U.S. domestic fossil fuels have depressed Russian energy revenue which drives their economy.

Trump expelled Russian diplomats

Trump's Defense strategy, and budget is directly opposed to Russian interests.

So, exactly what is Trump doing to be a "BFF" with Putin, or are you just once again making false statements to make yourself feel better about Hillary losing?

Not scared of war with Russia at all. We are safer now than ever as we no longer have an effeminate little appeaser in the White House.
There was nothing effeminate about the quite honorable President Obama. Remember he along with others in the international community, first drew a red line in Assad's Syria, only to have members of the GOP congress warn him against any missile strikes against Syria.

President Obama sought to approach the wars he was handed in an intelligent and civil manner. He did not want to bring reproach upon our country or needlessly endanger the lives of our already war weary and embattled soldiers.

President Obama sought to make not only a better country, but a better world, because of his presidency. He served us with both honor and dignity. Something that the current POTUS seriously lacks.

BTW

Trump has already admitted to having a relationship with Putin. Trump also has business ties with Russian Oligarchs. All Russian Oligarchs are under the direct control of Putin. Trump has taken photos with Putin. Not only did Trump try to lift sanctions against Russia, he was also very reluctant to impose further sanctions against Russia. Trump owes his allegiance to Putin, because without Putin, Trump would have lost the presidency.

A vote for Trump was actually a vote for Putin. That's why we have nothing to worry about when it comes to war with Russia.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:33 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I see some fear mongering in other message boards, how do folks feel here?
I see a lot of partisanship that has shifted gear from Putin-Trump bff's to "OMG nuclear war".

(Same sh*t was directed at Obama over stuff like Iran etc.)

All you're going to learn is that extreme partisans filter ALL reality through a political lens first and foremost.

Just like when Obama was some sort of "Commie librul"

Old 04-15-2018, 01:02 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,185 times
Russia would be fighting not just the US, but NATO as well. In a conventional war they would be crushed, and they know it.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:14 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Russia would be fighting not just the US, but NATO as well. In a conventional war they would be crushed, and they know it.
Yes and if we were in a limbo competition, jamaica would take over the world.

Nukes changed *everything*.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:49 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I remember you View Post
Imagine if we got invaded by Russians lol
and what, occupy a city? their total troop count is less than a major city, hurricane katrina displaced more people than their army size, and that didn't affect any US cities by more than a fraction of a percent

hell, the top 5-6 largest cities in China has more population than the entire population of Russia, why would we worry about Russians invading?

Old 04-15-2018, 02:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm a late-stage Gen Xer and I know that "peace through strength" doesn't involve constant wars of aggression, having 700 military bases in 90 countries, and a trillion-dollar military budget.

The U.S. hasn't been invaded since 1812. Every single war since then has been a war of aggression.
The US was attacked first in WW2, we responded by defending ourselves. We were attacked in 2001 and that was another clear case of defending ourselves. You are wrong to say the wars resulting from those two events were wars of aggression. While I will agree there are places we should not be involved with, conflicts which had no clear US interest involved where we should have stayed out, I won’t agree however that we should always stay out. The isolationist position does not have history on its side. Ignoring threats has never worked and dealing with aggressors before they are an Adolf Hitler level threat is always easier. WW2 happened because too many people loved peace so much they tried to politely ask the boogie man to be nice. Obviously that does not work.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:01 AM

10 posts, read 5,326 times
Sorry for the off-topic. I read an English-speaking forum for the first time ever. It was quite difficult to do because of my bad English. But it was nice to read all the posts in this topic. I feel like I`ve been to another planet and met aliens. To the topic. We`ve been much closer to a nuclear war in october 1962. I read a lot about that event in Russian. I have talked a lot with people in Russia about the possibility of war. It seems to me the war between our two countries almost impossible. Despite of our ambitions (ambitions of our president, which he has put on Russian people) we don`t have enough power to have a real war with NATO. One think is really scary me. We`re doomed to be two poles of the world. We`re doomed to stand in opposition to each other forever. Americans don`t want the war, Russians don`t want the war but all those geopolitical games push us to the permanent opposition.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:25 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
and what, occupy a city? their total troop count is less than a major city, hurricane katrina displaced more people than their army size, and that didn't affect any US cities by more than a fraction of a percent

hell, the top 5-6 largest cities in China has more population than the entire population of Russia, why would we worry about Russians invading?
When you're "Making America Great Again", all you need are a sizeable number of Alt-Right whites, who are more concerned about remaning in the majority and not so much about traditional American standards, ideals, and values.

Russia is already in the Alt-Right mode of thinking. Russians are typically unabashed nationalists and racists.

GOOGLE: Racism in Russia, Wiki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies