Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 07:37 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense. LMAO...they’d just get rid of the trucks and SUV’s. But they’d still be driving.

Then as soon as gas got cheap again, here comes the big oversized pickups and SUV’s again.
True, I see that cycle over and over again. It's actually funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I guess they figured everybody needed something to do with their massive "tax cuts".

Yo don't eat an elephant in one bite - you eat him a bite at a time. Everything is going up due to Trump's tariffs. Before it's over, the GOP will have skinned everybody in the country.
And what do the gas prices have to do with tariffs? Nothing. Gas prices go up and they go down. The problem is whenever they go down, they don't go all the way down to where they previously were so prices are always rising in the long run.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:40 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:

To hell with Texas. They certainly don’t care about the misfortunes of non Texans.

I’m more than willing to pay more to help all Americans, but not just for the benefit of oil production States. Screw them.
No man is an island.

My husband sells partly to oil production. When he sells more, we earn more. He travels more to other states, including Colorado and California and Nevada. That means he is putting money into those economies via restaurants and hotels etc. He earns more and that means I can spend on everything from necessities to extras. Everything I buy helps someone somewhere.

If oil production is down, we aren't buying as much, and neither are the families involved in oil production. (Although we personally are diversified, not everyone is). This seems pretty basic.

It says a lot about you that you are willing for families to go without based on the state they live in. We are, last I checked, still one country.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:41 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Glad I bought a hybrid, getting 40MPG's is going to hurt a lot less for me than it will for all the SUV owners out there.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:41 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Even I didn’t pay it any attention, until my Shell card bill came in the mail. Holy cow!! My monthly bill was 20% higher than last month and we drove about the same mileage as usual.

WTH? I thought all of this new “drill everywhere you can including in my driveway” type of hands off business friendly deregulation was gonna lower gas prices or at least keep it the same!

Didn’t think I’d see $3 buck gas this year. And don’t tell me about supply and demand because demand is no crazier now than it was last year. Save it.

So someone tell me what’s going on?
I've noticed. And I've stopped using my Shell gas card because their gas is more expensive than at the other gas stations. I use Speedway gas a lot now.

Ever since the big hurricane events of last year, gas prices spiked and never really went down to the pre-hurricane Harvey and Irma levels.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think its funny how so many people still believe there is not much markup on gas at the gas stations. Its alot more than a few cents a gallon, that the station owners want people to believe!

Btw, Im a FMC (Field marketing coordinator) for a large gas station/ convenience store chain in the east and midwest.
so how much of a markup is there?

Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I just paid today $374.00 per gallon in Cali, but we're special here.
You certainly are.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
this, get a more efficient car then. I drive a small coupe and couldn't care less if gas was 3 a gallon or 10 a gallon, will be just fine honestly. 35mpg and im happy. I was paying upwards 7-15 a gallon in parts of Alaska for years, coming down to 2-3 dollar gallons in lower 48 was a godsend. (Unalaska was like 12 a gallon)
Gas isn’t cheap no matter what you’re driving.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
You certainly are.
Don't I know it. That' why I'm counting the days until I can get out of here.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:49 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Don't I know it. That' why I'm counting the days until I can get out of here.
What's stopping you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies