Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 01:45 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,202,065 times

Advertisements

Time to appoint a special council to investigate this, the IG can only recommend charges, the swamp has to chose to pursue them. There is enough actual evidence (not a politically paid for dossier) to support one now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 01:50 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,760,419 times
I can't wait to see it. Andrew McCabe's lawyer says Comey authorized McCabe's leaks. McCabe will be able to explain how/when/where to the IG & Huber. McCabe's legal counsel Lisa Page is a cooperating witness with the IG & Huber, I'm guessing she has some idea who authorized what. Also Comey, when asked why he failed to disclose to the 'gang of 8' oversight committee, that he'd launched an investigation into the President, said he hid it from them at the direction of Bill Priestap, his underling & head of the FBI Counter Intelligence Division. Bill Priestap appears to be a cooperating witness for the IG & Huber as well. I don't think Comey's going to come out of this as clean as he thinks he is.

That said, instinct tells me his mentor & close friend Robert Mueller granted him immunity, which is why he's acting so untouchable. Please God, let that be true. That would be the piece we need to launch another investigation into the corruption/politicization of the Mueller investigation.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,760,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Time to appoint a special council to investigate this, the IG can only recommend charges, the swamp has to chose to pursue them. There is enough actual evidence (not a politically paid for dossier) to support one now
The IG is sending his criminal referrals to Federal Prosecutor John Huber, who has secretly been working parallel with the IG Horowitz for months now.

There are special circumstance that can warrant a Special Counsel, but it's risky for Trump/Sessions as they're trying to drain the swamp. Sessions was smart to appoint Huber because A) He's outside of DC. Is there a prosecutor in DC who's not politicized? B) His Grand Jury (already empaneled btw) doesn't draw on the pro-swamp DC juror pool.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:11 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,117,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The two times stories used information from 2 memos. The one on the Jan 28th meeting was originally marked confidential, And information from the Feb 14th memo which was unclassified.

Comeys book says he only gave his friend the Feb 14th memo.

BUT...The wall Street journal reports that Comey gave his friend 4 memos, 2 of which contained classified information as written. HOWEVER Comey redacted the classified elements in it.

There is one problematic one according to the WSJ, one of the remaining 2 was upgraded to confidential (the lowest level of classification) after Comey left the FBI. This of course is a sort of retroactive classification that may not be justified.

I think Comey is in the clear here. Especially with him redacting out information at the time.

Also interesting how quickly his memos leaked once given to congress.
Remember that the WSJ is used by the FBI to leak information to shape narratives, so I would take what it says with a grain of salt.

Also, the memos weren't leaked by congress, the memos were released because they were redacted so they could become public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I can't wait to see it. Andrew McCabe's lawyer says Comey authorized McCabe's leaks. McCabe will be able to explain how/when/where to the IG & Huber. McCabe's legal counsel Lisa Page is a cooperating witness with the IG & Huber, I'm guessing she has some idea who authorized what. Also Comey, when asked why he failed to disclose to the 'gang of 8' oversight committee, that he'd launched an investigation into the President, said he hid it from them at the direction of Bill Priestap, his underling & head of the FBI Counter Intelligence Division. Bill Priestap appears to be a cooperating witness for the IG & Huber as well. I don't think Comey's going to come out of this as clean as he thinks he is.

That said, instinct tells me his mentor & close friend Robert Mueller granted him immunity, which is why he's acting so untouchable. Please God, let that be true. That would be the piece we need to launch another investigation into the corruption/politicization of the Mueller investigation.
I've wondered if the reports that Mueller gave Comey immunity are true, or not.

If it's true, Mueller would be proving that there is nothing legitimate about his investigation.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:45 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,442,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
How did Comey do that?
The physical memos were at the FBI
The Congress got hold of them and bingo so did NBC

Classifying something after the fact is an old trick used to get someone in trouble when there was no issue initially
Correct a mundo.
Not a pro hillary- however, the Secretary of State decides which of their emails and memos are classified when they are the current Secretary of State. Not NUNES. Not Pres. elect Trump, not Roger Stone, screaming that Hillary released classified emails...how the hell would these hacks know classified anyway...even if they did read them over drinks and cigars....LOL !!

Old 04-20-2018, 06:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
How did Comey do that?
The physical memos were at the FBI
The Congress got hold of them and bingo so did NBC

Classifying something after the fact is an old trick used to get someone in trouble when there was no issue initially
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
what? It doesn't matter where the actual memos are, it's the information contained within them that was leaked duh.
Republicans released the comey memo's yesterday. So I guess the Cons released classified information then - on purpose.

Congrats.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:03 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Special counsel for something so clear and simple regarding two memos, I don’t think so.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:03 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,236,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Lol so much wishful thinking frmo trmp supporters on IG inquiry, while calling a real criminal investigation that produced multiple criminal charges, indictments and plea deals in real court a "fantasy"

Hilarity ensues. So much excitement about Comey leaking memos that congressional GOP leaked anyways, vs indifference on money laundering, fraud, conspiring against the US, lying to the FBI, conspiring with a foreign enemy perpetrated by trump's people.

You guys are traitors, there is no other way to say that. So indifferent about trump's dereliction of duty and halting sanctions imposed by congress or even recommended by his own admin, cozying up to a thug.

That's all you got? An Inspection General inquiry that can only have internal consequences? Vs all the criminal charges brought up trump's world? give me a break
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Yeah, that's a really, really big deal compared to actual Trump employed criminals actually criminally charged with money laundering, fraud, lying to FBI, conspiring against the US, and conspiring with foreign countries and more.

Yes, the deep state is going down, Comey is going to jail for next 400 years and will haunt libs for next 1200 years!!
You're really stuck on stupid here. Those are charges unrelated to anything to do with Trump or the campaign, reeled in from what is obviously nothing but a fishing expedition. If you turn the average DC operative upside down and shake 'im, lots of criminal stuff is gonna fall out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Correct a mundo.
Not a pro hillary- however, the Secretary of State decides which of their emails and memos are classified when they are the current Secretary of State. Not NUNES. Not Pres. elect Trump, not Roger Stone, screaming that Hillary released classified emails...how the hell would these hacks know classified anyway...even if they did read them over drinks and cigars....LOL !!
You don't have any idea how classification works. Its not the emails that are classified, its the INFORMATION in them....SecState has no power to change the classification of classified material that he/she is given. Once you are in possession of classified information, you are required to maintain that classification.. and it does not matter who you are. She lied and claimed she didn't know what the (c) on the messages meant...BS. Everyone knows. She got the same training everyone else did. They all didn't know?

Nope.

She knew, she didn't care. Huma had it, wasn't cleared for it, Weiner had it, and wasn't cleared for it...and Hillary arranged to put it on a server that wasn't secured so the whole international hacking community could see it too. All of those unauthorized forwards and uploads are SEPARATE incidences of committing the federal offense of mishandling classified information.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:12 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,117,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly.

Republicans released the comey memo's yesterday. So I guess the Cons released classified information then - on purpose.

Congrats.
The Comey memos that were released were redacted by the DOJ, so they were not classified.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:17 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
I didn’t know that the investigation into Russia’s attempt to steer our election was a fishing expedition, the intelligence agencies indicated that they did attempt to get Trump elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies