Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 06:07 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Being highly promoted on Yeti's Facebook page. Their competition is laughing all the way to the bank.

It's be interesting if Yeti can survive this fiasco.
Yes, it will... My prediction is no. Too many other competitors that are just as good and less expensive.

The Seiders brothers (founders) and majority owner (Cortec Group Management Services LLC) just canceled Yeti's IPO last month, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"Their base"?

Lol..…those folks use styrofoam coolers from Walmart.

While I don't agree with your divisive over reaching attitude, I have to say this comment was pretty funny...

Old 04-23-2018, 07:03 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Yeti is very expensive. Worth it? I can't say. It's one of those things you pay 400% more to get 10% more performance.
My cooler is empty long before any ice melts.

ps

Never heard of Yeti before.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:12 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
My $60 igloo cooler holds a 20 lb block of ice for five days. Why would I want a $400 cooler that keeps it cold another 2 days?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:34 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
The Yeti website advertises themselves as being founded by avid outdoorsman who love hunting and fishing and are based out of Austin Texas (the Berkeley and Portland of the south). Many of their customers are also sportsmen who love hunting and fishing. They have a disposable money to spend on their hobby of hunting and fishing that that includes their gear (coolers). This was a dumb move on Yeti’s part in that they are distancing themselves not only from the NRA, but also those customers who support the second amendment and the NRA. You don’t cater to your least likely customer at the expense of your most loyal and likely customers.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:17 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Way too many affordable coolers over a yeti.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:22 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
... companies are in business to make money...one of the first rules in business...take no sides, whether it's a sports team, political issue, social issue, whatever...where do the people running these company's get there business sense, i have no clue??
this this this this this this.

No matter what stance you take 25% will love you and 25% will hate you but the 25% lovers will last a week and the haters will hate forever.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The Yeti website advertises themselves as being founded by avid outdoorsman who love hunting and fishing and are based out of Austin Texas (the Berkeley and Portland of the south). Many of their customers are also sportsmen who love hunting and fishing. They have a disposable money to spend on their hobby of hunting and fishing that that includes their gear (coolers). This was a dumb move on Yeti’s part in that they are distancing themselves not only from the NRA, but also those customers who support the second amendment and the NRA. You don’t cater to your least likely customer at the expense of your most loyal and likely customers.
This is probably a good example of some idiot CEO or board of directors who try to play god. The other 99% of the employees are probably thinking WTF! Perfect example of why all the employees should have a say in company policy.....................

Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
So, hubby was a huge Yeti customer. Yes, they're better than than Igloos or Colemans. He's tried both. When you work outside in 100 degree heat, you don't want a cooler full of water at the end of the day. With his Yetis, they would still have ice looking just like it did that morning. He's an NRA member and 2nd amendment supporter and looking at alternatives now.

His company that he works for, a very large commercial trades company, just ordered 63 of the large coolers to go in all of their work trucks. They just cancelled that order this morning according to hubby. The owner is a huge hunter and even though, I don't think he's ever outwardly supported the NRA, he's very upset they decided to take this stand. He's researching the competition now.

For some of these products breaking away from NRA, it wouldn't have really impacted their bottom line. But Yeti is a product bought by the same demographic of people who would generally be pro-2nd amendment. While those same people may not specifically be NRA members, they're generally not going to be fans of this type of virtue signaling by a company either. I think this will be a mistake on the part of Yeti.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:48 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, hubby was a huge Yeti customer. Yes, they're better than than Igloos or Colemans. He's tried both. When you work outside in 100 degree heat, you don't want a cooler full of water at the end of the day. With his Yetis, they would still have ice looking just like it did that morning. He's an NRA member and 2nd amendment supporter and looking at alternatives now.

His company that he works for, a very large commercial trades company, just ordered 63 of the large coolers to go in all of their work trucks. They just cancelled that order this morning according to hubby. The owner is a huge hunter and even though, I don't think he's ever outwardly supported the NRA, he's very upset they decided to take this stand. He's researching the competition now.

For some of these products breaking away from NRA, it wouldn't have really impacted their bottom line. But Yeti is a product bought by the same demographic of people who would generally be pro-2nd amendment. While those same people may not specifically be NRA members, they're generally not going to be fans of this type of virtue signaling by a company either. I think this will be a mistake on the part of Yeti.
Try RTIC or Orca.

And, yes, this will be a future business school case study of a HUGE marketing mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies