Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 08:01 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
OMG....Hannity is improving housing in the US and using the laws set up to do so...oh my

Meanwhile, The Clintons took millions from foreign agents to give our Uranium away and pass billions to the Iranians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 08:02 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I sincerely don't get your point.

Your point is why do elite rich NYC conservatives hang out in similar social circles?!

Why wouldn't you ask a lawyer friend some questions about real estate as you meet in your social circles if you are investing tens of millions into real estate?

If the doctor told me to go on a bunch of prescriptions, I would bring it up to my pharmacist friend. If I were to buy a new rental, I would ask my friend who is a realtor and my other friend who is a home inspector their insights... Why wouldn't I? Have you no friends?
Is Michael Cohen the type of person you want to be associate as a tv persona on Fox News who takes Trump's side? I suppose it depends on how you view Michael Cohen and how view Hannity. I take it you don't view any conflicts of interests in these relationships between Hannity, Cohen, and Trump.

It certainly doesn't help the "drain the swamp" image.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Is the whining ever going to end?

(of course not)

Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
OMG....Hannity is improving housing in the US and using the laws set up to do so...oh my

Meanwhile, The Clintons took millions from foreign agents to give our Uranium away and pass billions to the Iranians
That's cute. I'm sure the GOP controlled government will get around to investigating it.....

Old 04-23-2018, 08:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

Still playing that Uranium One game are ya? Debunked over and over again but that doesn't matter.

The money passed to the Iranians, well, it was their money. I agree we shouldn't have given it back to them just yet but nevertheless it was their money.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:11 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Yes
He did buy that property in the Obama years and trash talked Obama and his HUD Dept and all the efforts made to right the economy that 8 yr's of Bush economics and lax oversight set in place
So like many on the GOP side--he was taking advantage of the very situation he was decrying and making money (via higher ratings telling his audience what they wanted to hear) that he used to buy those distressed properties with...

The guestion that many people since Hannity is a mouthpiece for Trump is was he given special assistance to BUY distressed properties as part of being anti-Hilary, anti-DNC, pro-Trump, pro-GOP or any other properties because of a special relationship with Trump and the GOP--

Yes--there are plenty of people in Congress who take advantage of insider trading
Tom Price, Trump's first choice for HHS who had to resign over his exorbitant travel expenses, was under SEC investigation because of owning stock in health/tech companies when he was on COngressional Committee evaluating and passing legislation that effected those same companies...alone with other Congressmen...

When Congress sets the budget for the SEC it can be very difficult to actually investigate and prosecute anyone in either party who takes advantage of their relationship with high-dollar donors, lobbyists, company boards, etc...
And frankly look at the 11 Congressmen who are pushing to have HRC and others in past administration investigated...that is a small minority of niche power group--politicizing their power for a political agenda
But they won't sign off on changing the rules of Congress so that sexual harassment claims are paid out of the guilty person's own pocket...
Hannity bought depressed real estate at a great time and in foreclosure.

That is smart.

I know a literal communist who buys into the stock market. Is that hypocrisy - or being an intelligent realist given the actual system?

I wasn't a huge fan of some of Obama's policies, but Obama offered me $8,000 to buy my first primary residence. I took the free money. Why not?

I haven't seen one piece of evidence of an illegal act or insider trading with Hannity. Could you please detail the evidence? I am sincerely willing to come around on this with evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Is Michael Cohen the type of person you want to be associate as a tv persona on Fox News who takes Trump's side? I suppose it depends on how you view Michael Cohen and how view Hannity. I take it you don't view any conflicts of interests in these relationships between Hannity, Cohen, and Trump.

It certainly doesn't help the "drain the swamp" image.
Cohen doesn't seem like a guy I would want to associate with. What does that have to do with anything we are discussing?

You have failed the points I made on your previous comments.

Obama hung out with people of ill repute at times in his life. It wasn't illegal or a sign or a crime on Obama's part.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:13 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
He isn't a journalist any more than Rachel Maddow is. Neither should claim to be.
He doesn't claim to be a journalist, he is a talk show host. Yet he has done more journalism than so called leftist journalists who print press releases or DNC talking points.

Now I'd really like to know what investments all the White House corps presstitutes have. Open season!

Old 04-24-2018, 12:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Of course there is no evidence at this point in time that Hannity obtained those properties illegally under special circumstances...
The news just came out that he was Cohen's client (which I doubt he really was---
that was likely just protective coloration for Trump and Cohen)...
But there could be--

Investigative journalists will now likely be doing some research, looking into public records and corporation filings--but maybe Hannity put those documents in countries like Panama where it is easy to establish shell corporations especially when people want to launder money...
Just have to wait and see how it developes...stay tuned...

Old 04-24-2018, 02:49 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Did you right wingers give up on Benghazi even when you knew that you had nothing??

Nope. Turnabout is fair play.
The four dead Americans don't think it was nothing.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:01 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Funny to see all the posts defending Hannity for sneaking around, hiding behind shell companies to mooch off taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies