Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 12:32 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Your concern is he doesn't disclose his investments or conflicts of interest? He's an opinion show host. Who cares? I've never heard any of the Clinton/Obama cronies disclose their conflicts of interest. I watched Stephanopolous toss softball after softball to Comey a couple weeks ago to make him look good and never once heard a disclaimer that he is a rabid Clinton supporter who worked in the Clinton WH for years. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, Politico, HuffPo, they all have blatant conflicts of interests that remain undisclosed.
Interesting to see people so defensive about this.

I guess we'll see how much it matters in the next few weeks/months.

As for good 'ole George - his relationship with the Clintons was NEVER a secret, but I don't suppose you'll grasp the significance of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 12:35 PM

18,811 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Your concern is he doesn't disclose his investments or conflicts of interest? He's an opinion show host. Who cares? I've never heard any of the Clinton/Obama cronies disclose their conflicts of interest. I watched Stephanopolous toss softball after softball to Comey a couple weeks ago to make him look good and never once heard a disclaimer that he is a rabid Clinton supporter who worked in the Clinton WH for years. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, Politico, HuffPo, they all have blatant conflicts of interests that remain undisclosed.
I've listened to and followed Steph and Hannity for many years. Steph worked with Clinton. But this is the first I heard about Hannity/Cohen. Hannity, the very pro-Trumpist Opinionater, using the same lawyer is just a wee bit above and beyond.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:49 PM

23,569 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Trump is actively promoting him and making policy decisions on what he sees on the network. Criticism of him is game on these terms...
That s a very long leap about trump making policy decisions based on network news. Did the network news/hannity beat 16 other repub primary candidates, the coronation of Hillary coupled with a DNC dirty tricks finger on the scale move. The media and prognosticators all in agreement Hillary would win, even gave her the questions she would be asked in a debate and you think Trump depended on Hannity?????????

Better to make a case that HRC depended on the media to keep her coronation alive.

Trump is so without ideas, he needs a Valerie Jarrett to set his policies.

All the trump stories by haters involve least likely, projected fantasies, created in a world of delusional hysteria.

Dream on.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:12 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I suspect we will see more stories like the one about how Hannity rants on air about those on the dole but behind the scenes uses shell companies to shield real investments relying on HUD subsidies.
For me, this the at the heart of it. Being disingenuous is the most charitable thing that could be said. Almost $18M in HUD loans that were out of a program intended to make credit more available to lenders for home repairs and construction and to make better housing available to low- and moderate-income families.

Very Trumpian...

Old 04-23-2018, 01:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess you guys are never going to just give it up!!!! There is nothing here to even discuss: like him or not and many do not, he has done nothing illegal. Let me add, he is not my favorite person and I rarely watch him anymore, but he isn't going anything anyone else wouldn't do if they had the chance.
Did you right wingers give up on Benghazi even when you knew that you had nothing??

Nope. Turnabout is fair play.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
For me, this the at the heart of it. Being disingenuous is the most charitable thing that could be said. Almost $18M in HUD loans that were out of a program intended to make credit more available to lenders for home repairs and construction and to make better housing available to low- and moderate-income families.

Very Trumpian...
It was an Obama program. What we were told it was for and what it was for are two different things.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:37 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was an Obama program. What we were told it was for and what it was for are two different things.
It really doesn't matter whose program it was. It's not unlike when well-heeled agri-businesses scoop up subsidy funds intended for family farms. There's only so much money in the kitty and when it's gone it leaves smaller operators faced with paying significantly higher interest rates on their loans.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:38 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post

Very Trumpian...
The thing that strikes me as odd are all the shell companies.

Hannity, Cohen, and an increasing number those buying Trump properties, use shell companies to hide behind.

However, they don't seem to be providing much anonymity.

Are they not using them correctly?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Was there something illegal here? I don't get the point. A lot of people invest in real estate, and many invest in properties that need restoration. These things help communities and other people. What's wrong with that?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
I know he is slimy.
Really? And how do you know? Do you know him personally? What do you know about Hannity that you can call him, "slimy?"

You know nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies