Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 06:55 AM

47 posts, read 37,869 times

Advertisements

I think one of the reasons many people hate Donald Trump so much is he just comes across as the biggest jerk in the world.

But his supporters may disagree. A group of us were chatting at work and in the mix was a number of Trump supporters. I stated I thought Donald Trump's personality was just terrible. A total jerk. But the Trump supporters disagreed. They all thought he was a nice guy and someone they would love to have as a friend.

So if you are a Trump supporter, what do you think of his persona and personality? Is he a jerk?

(I am not talking about his policies but his personality.)

Last edited by Bad Back; 05-04-2018 at 07:20 AM..

Old 05-04-2018, 07:11 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
It depends on what the relationship is.

If you are a friend, he is probably OK.

If you are negotiating business, he is probably a pain in the neck.

If you are doing work for him, he is probably very demanding and a pain in the neck.

If you position yourself as an adversary and continually attack him, he is your worst enemy.

The issue is that Trump was generally fine (or at minimum a typical greedy, eccentric business type) for the first 70 years of his life until he positioned himself against the swamp and the propaganda media and the entertainment complex (read elite liberals and swampy GOP types). All of a sudden he's the worst person in America to many. I think it says more about the others. He hasn't changed... others have changed their viewpoint on him. Why is that?

Old 05-04-2018, 07:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It depends on what the relationship is.

If you are a friend, he is probably OK.

If you are negotiating business, he is probably a pain in the neck.

If you are doing work for him, he is probably very demanding and a pain in the neck.

The issue is that Trump was generally fine for the first 70 years of his life until he positioned himself against the swamp and the propaganda media and the entertainment complex (read elite liberals and swampy GOP types). All of a sudden he's the worst person in America to many. I think it says more about the others. He hasn't changed... others have changed their viewpoint on him. Why is that?
Because he's full of crap.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Back View Post
I think one of the reasons many people hate Donald Trump so much is he just comes across as the biggest jerk in the world.

But his supporters may disagree. A group of us were chatting at work and in the mix was a number of Trump supporters. I stated I thought Donald Trump's personality was just terrible. A total jerk. But the Trump supporters disagreed. They all thought he was a nice guy and someone they would love to have as a friend.

So if you are a Trump supporter, what do you think of his persona and personality? Is he a jerk?
I'm not a Trump supporter, but he is a jerk.

Can he be nice to some people when/if he needs to be? I have zero doubt.

Does he love his family? I'm sure he does in his own way.

But, he is as self-centered as they come and everything he does is pretty much designed to feed his fragile ego.

I used to think he was fairly harmless to everyone except the people he shorted in business deals and... here we are now.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
How about that, another hate Trump fest. Haters got to hate.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How about that, another hate Trump fest. Haters got to hate.
He invites it so regularly, it should not be surprising. Perhaps if he was more likable, there would be less criticism?

Old 05-04-2018, 07:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
President Trump is not a professional politician, he is very different. The left threw everything at him during the campaign, the language of the left is savage, venomous, and wrong. They were joined by old-guard Republicans. In coordination with the Clinton campaign, there was illegal political weaponization of our intelligence agency and apparently had the blessing of the DOJ. All this, yet he still won the presidency.

A clandestine campaign against Trump continues and with obvious malice well into the Trump admin. As long as Mueller's investigation continues, so will the mischief. As long as Trump is president, the liberal media will continue their campaign of hate and lies.

Despite his enormous handicap of the liberal media, weaponization of our intelligence agency, hate, malice, lies etc, President Trump is succeeding far beyond the expectations of most people. That's a winner. Makes one wonder what he could achieve, if our house stood together without all this opposition.

In 2008 we voted for hope and change but got more of the same instead. In 2016 we got hope and change but the people fight to stop it.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM

47 posts, read 37,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trump is not a professional politician. He is very different. The left threw everything at him during the campaign and the language of the left is savage, venomous, and wrong. They were joined by old-guard Republicans. In coordination with the Clinton campaign, there was illegal political weaponization of our intelligence agency and apparently had the blessing of the DOJ. All this, yet he still won the presidency.

A clandestine campaign against Trump continues and with obvious malice, well into the Trump admin. As long as Mueller's investigation continues, so will the mischief. As long as Trump is president, the liberal media will continue their campaign of hate and lies.

Despite his enormous handicap of the liberal media, weaponization of our intelligence agency, President Trump is succeeding far beyond the expectations of most people. That's a winner. Makes one wonder what he could achieve if our house stood together without all this opposition.
This does not answer my question about if Trump is a jerk or not.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
I think if Trump is trying to con you out of your money or your vote he is as sweet as they come.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He invites it so regularly, it should not be surprising. Perhaps if he was more likable, there would be less criticism?
Hmm..interesting...

The same thing can be said about Hillary..She continually puts herself in the headlines, making ridiculous statements about why she lost the election, and when someone dares mention it, the liberals come out in full force and whine about how "obsessed" we are and to "let it go" because she is not in the news anymore...

Perhaps if she kept her GD mouth shut, there would be less criticism...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies