Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 10:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL so true. A girl I know sold something very expensive on the internet but before selling it to them she spoke to them on the phone. After it was too late and she realized she was scammed. She said to me, I talked to them and they were so nice. I then asked her, "did you expect them to tell you they were scammers?" Of course they would be nice, that's part of playing the scam.

People think because someone is nice and speaks well that must mean they are good people. It's easy to scam these people. I'd rather deal with someone who says it like it is.
Here is where I give Trump some actual credit, so hold on to your hat.

He only SEEMS to be "saying it" like it is.

He is still running a con. Every day. He is appearing to be this guy who just tells you what he really thinks, but much like Kanye... He's just not.

Which is a type of genius, but not in the conventional sense.

Trump opens his mouth and lies pretty much constantly.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I prefer straight talking instead of tap dancing around an issue. You know where you stand with Trump and it’s refreshing.
Straight talk isn't the same as being an inconsiderate, ill-tempered, mean jerk of a person.

Time to put that notion to bed now.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Poor man's idea of what a "rich man" should be like.

I often wonder at people who really admire Trump's "success." He's a real-life Biff Tannen.

I think that's a dubious honor.
I said the same thing when he was elected. I said its like Back to the Future Part II Alternate Reality has just happened. Trump is very much the Biff Tannen of Washington D.C.

Also agree that he is the poor man's idea of what rich means.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:52 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Straight talk isn't the same as being an inconsiderate, ill-tempered, mean jerk of a person.

Time to put that notion to bed now.
considering the hypocritical crotch kicking the left has administered over the last 30 years or so, I can see why someone of the left is offended by the reciprocation currently being administered by the Jerk in Chief.

what you don't exactly understand is, our support for Trump in no small measure is directly tied to his commitment to fighting back.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
considering the hypocritical crotch kicking the left has administered over the last 30 years or so, I can see why someone of the left is offended by the reciprocation currently being administered by the Jerk in Chief.

what you don't exactly understand is, our support for Trump in no small measure is directly tied to his commitment to fighting back.
And what you don't understand is my tolerance for mean spirited jerks remains the same whether the jerk in question is a bum on the street or the guy in the White House.

I don't give a darn the justification you and your brethren give for loving someone who so clearly is a jerk in so many ways. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Who cares if he is a jerk. As long as he does his job great. Maybe a jerk is what is needed right now. The left would rather have a incompetent guy who is nice as leader of the free world.
I can't speak for everyone on the left, but I would personally prefer someone who is both competent and a decent human being. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I did not vote in the poll, as I am not a Trump supporter, but FWIW, I have always thought he seems like a jerk - a loud, obnoxious, boorish, bullying show-off - and my opinion far predates his entry into politics. I have fond memories about many aspects of the 80s, but the early Trump, for me, represented all the worst of that decade.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Donald Trump is a guy that will absolutely engage in a fight. He is willing to fight dirty. If someone brings a knife he will bring a nuclear weapon. He escalates immediately when attacked.

I have yet to see him just pick a fight. I have seen him eviscerate those who attacked him...even when the attack was more of a slight.

is he a jerk? well he certainly does not let his political enemies get away with anything unlike George W. Bush did. George was hated by the left anyway... maybe even held in contempt.

I said no not a jerk, although I didn't say that because I think he is a big warm fuzzy teddy bear. The dude is aggressive and when he has something in mind, he goes after it full force. But that doesn't mean he is a jerk.

The reason I LIKE him is because he responds to every attack and leaves nothing on the table. The left is constantly on the offensive. Republicans traditionally apologize and go hide. I am done with that. I want a guy like Trump who will stand up to the torrent of slander and viciousness that comes from the left and gives better than he gets.
You may find his attitude admirable. I do not. The man is in the public eye, and anyone in the public eye needs to have a pretty thick skin. "Eviscerating" someone for a slight is a waste of time and energy, particularly when you are supposedly the leader of the free world.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I prefer straight talking instead of tap dancing around an issue. You know where you stand with Trump and it’s refreshing.
I don't know how you can possibly say that. I have never seen anyone so inconsistent in his loyalties. He can say someone is doing a great job one day and throw them under the bus without a second thought the next.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:25 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
I will never understand why so many people phrase their polls the way they do. They are written in such a way that there is no good answer to check off, so I dont bother picking any of the choices given. It’s almost as if they are trying to get as few people to answer as possible.

Quote:
No, He seems like a real nice guy
Yes, what a jerk!

That said, like most of us, he can be a real jerk sometimes. He can be a real nice guy other times. Same can be said for Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. Some are jerks more often than others. Others are really good at hiding their “jerkiness” while others are not. Some people are really good at putting on a “nice guy” face, even at times when they are thinking something very different than they are letting the outside world know, while others are not. Humans are more complicated than to be reduced to either “a jerk” or “a real nice guy”.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:40 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
Of corse he's a jerk. The Archie Bunker character was a jerk, but lots of people liked him because his bark was worse than his bite. Regardless of what he said, Archie never actually hurt anyone. He may have hurt their feelings, but not them.

So far Trump hasn't started any wars, hasn't built a wall, hasn't overturned Obama care, hasn't deported the dreamers, hasn't set back civil rights, medicare or SS, hasn't interferedwith state legalization of marijuana for medical and recreational use. All of these are plusses in my book.

It's not what he says or how he acts that counts, it what he does and doesn't do that counts. So far he hasn't hurt anyone with more than words. I can live with that, and I voted for Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies