Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 02:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fghuec57 View Post
As a Trump supporter. I wouldn't actually know until I am around him. He is very flawed. I voted because he funded both sides of the political party he knows the ins and out and he is the opposite of Hillary.

I have read his books before he even announced he was going to run for President. I voted for him because I had a family member killed my illegal immigrant. The guy was deported I believe 3 or 4 times and killed my cousins she lost her husband and her 3 year old. I chose not to elaborate on it.

The good thing about living in America you have a right to vote for whomever you want to.
I am sorry that happened to your family member. That's terrible.

I don't support Trump, but I do appreciate the way you have thoughtfully spoken about him here.

What you said is similar to the types of things I hear from friends of mine who voted for Trump.

I think the people who love everything he does, even the most ridiculous stuff, are not the majority of people who actually voted for him.

Seeing him as a flawed human is a logical way to see a president or candidate because they all are and so are we.

Some more than others, but the fact is that nobody's without flaws.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Democrats are like an idiot in a bar feeling up the females and acting utterly obnoxious who gets punched square in the face, then gets up saying "I cant believe he did that!" then wobbly stumbles out the door...

don't let the door hit ya dems.
I know you didn't use an analogy about obnoxious people and groping in a defense of Donald Trump.

LOL.

That is so rich.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I know you didn't use an analogy about obnoxious people and groping in a defense of Donald Trump.

LOL.

That is so rich.
“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”
― Maya Angelou

Old 05-04-2018, 02:12 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”
― Maya Angelou
Yes because disagreement and dislike are totes the same as hate.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes because disagreement and dislike are totes the same as hate.

Hatred is sneaky — because it can seem justified. It can be instantaneous or build slowly through self-interest, deception, pride, jealousy and sometimes, one’s own guilt and fear.

It was hatred that caused the murders and tortures that occurred in concentration camps. It is hatred that bullies or kills those who believe differently. Indeed, hatred causes blindness.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:16 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Hatred is sneaky — because it can seem justified. It can be instantaneous or build slowly through self-interest, deception, pride, jealousy and sometimes, one’s own guilt and fear.

It was hatred that caused the murders and tortures that occurred in concentration camps. It is hatred that bullies or kills those who believe differently. Indeed, hatred causes blindness.
Oh PUHLEEZE.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:24 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
I didn't vote for Mr. Congeniality; I voted for a "Disrupter."
And I like the things he's getting done.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:26 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
So true, always was and still is.

Quote:

Old 05-04-2018, 02:26 PM

After Trump's election, apoplectic Obama loyalists embarked on an odyssey of opposition, a pilgrimage of protest, and they still haven't come back. They fully understand that if this president fails, the country fails, but that doesn't seem to bother them. This offers a glimpse into their plans for the future – blind opposition and continued division for the country.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am not the biggest fan or hater of Trump but even before he ran for POTUS I thought he was pompous and full of himself. But I felt the same way about Obama and Hillary Clinton. I think people who run for POTUS and write books about themselves usually fall into that category. Not all of them. Bernie, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are not pompous and full of themselves but they also had little chance of actually being elected.

So I suppose people want pompous people running our country.

You get what you pay for.
You just listed everyone I ever voted for...sigh.

I absolutely can't stand pompous people, but I guess I'm in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies