Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 07:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

I don't know -- I've never been a fan of 'who' Kanye is and yeah the most music is not my first choice but his fans love his music & showmanship.

Younger kids don't take stands against folks like that. They won't boycott his show.

He'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 07:54 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Kanye will probably be president soon. If the country can elect a Donald Trump, a Kanye can't be far behind.
You know, I didn’t think anyone could be worse than Trump. Then I read this post.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:00 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is the mindset. We are all slaves for a dollar. We go to work and serve others as a slave. So it is mindset.

Slavery was looked at differently centuries ago. A poor Jewish person would sell themselves as a slave for 7 years . They had to , to survive and eat.

Just think in reality. A black man is brought from Africa. A man buys him to do chores on his farm. He feeds him and puts a roof over his head. The man treats the slave with respect and cares about him. Another buys a slave and treats him badly.

We have that in the workplace today.A woman gets a job in the workplace for a dollar . Then we have men attacking women sexually in the workplace. What is the difference? It depends how one is treated.

We must think deeper.
On the bold - I agree to an extent.

Will also note that the first Africans in America, a majority of them in the 17th century were also indentured servants and many of them did fulfill their labor contracts and became free. However, in the 18th century being any part black made someone able to be made into a slave and many "free" people were made into slaves due to laws passed that codified slavery as being a condition only of black/African ancestored people.

Will note on Kanye's comments that for 1 black people were not slaves in America for 400 years and 2 a large amount, I'd dare say a majority of black people directly and indirectly "fought" against the condition. This is especially the case for "free" blacks prior to the Civil War, many of whom were runaway slaves or descendants of runaway slaves.

Also many slaves killed themselves and even their children so that they would no longer be slaves or wouldn't become slaves or mistreated due to being a slave. Many slaves fought back and were killed as well.

Just like people have a narrow view of "Africans" they also have a narrow view of what slavery was in America. There was constant push back against it by the black population. The stereotype of black people being violent savages in this country is historically based on the fact that black people often attacked/killed their owners or people involved in the slave trade and there were thousands of slave rebellions in this country. The reason why black men were admitted into the military during the Civil War was primarily based on the activism of black activists and a significant amount of able bodied black men joined the military once they were allowed to do so in order to assist in defeating slavery.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:06 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He's a wealthy black man and is considered one of the greatest of all time, must not be too stupid.
He considers himself one of the greatest of all time. Why some people love his music is beyond me. He is an absolute moron.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Brother Kanye finally broke out of mental slavery and left the Democratic Party .

Like the Apple Computer billboards used to say ; he decided to “Think Different”

And he has shown that the left really really doesn’t like that .

Old 05-02-2018, 08:10 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
I have my reservations, but he may have been talking about the "slavery" mentality, and meant generational DEPENDENCY on government. That's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt. Someone else used the term of "psychology" of slavery which I think he was referring to dependency.

Still, it was a poor choice of words, and if he meant dependency he should have said that.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:18 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
He's a wealthy black man and is considered one of the greatest of all time, must not be too stupid.
Yo I’m gonna let you finish, but Beyoncé was the greatest of all time.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:45 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold - I agree to an extent.

Will also note that the first Africans in America, a majority of them in the 17th century were also indentured servants and many of them did fulfill their labor contracts and became free. However, in the 18th century being any part black made someone able to be made into a slave and many "free" people were made into slaves due to laws passed that codified slavery as being a condition only of black/African ancestored people.

Will note on Kanye's comments that for 1 black people were not slaves in America for 400 years and 2 a large amount, I'd dare say a majority of black people directly and indirectly "fought" against the condition. This is especially the case for "free" blacks prior to the Civil War, many of whom were runaway slaves or descendants of runaway slaves.

Also many slaves killed themselves and even their children so that they would no longer be slaves or wouldn't become slaves or mistreated due to being a slave. Many slaves fought back and were killed as well.

Just like people have a narrow view of "Africans" they also have a narrow view of what slavery was in America. There was constant push back against it by the black population. The stereotype of black people being violent savages in this country is historically based on the fact that black people often attacked/killed their owners or people involved in the slave trade and there were thousands of slave rebellions in this country. The reason why black men were admitted into the military during the Civil War was primarily based on the activism of black activists and a significant amount of able bodied black men joined the military once they were allowed to do so in order to assist in defeating slavery.
Slavery here was first started by a black man who went to court to OWN his slaves.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:59 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Brother Kanye finally broke out of mental slavery and left the Democratic Party .

Like the Apple Computer billboards used to say ; he decided to “Think Different”

And he has shown that the left really really doesn’t like that .
The problem with your statement is that your brother isn't part of the Democratic Party and says he is non political.
He didn't even bother to vote in 2016!

Old 05-02-2018, 09:04 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
He's speaking slavery from a psychological standpoint and he's right.

If the slaves outnumber the owner, you shouldn't be a slave anymore. However if you believe you are a slave, then you'll remain a slave.

Even today, many people have the slave mindset even after we elected a black man as president for 8 years.
WTS are you talking about, in your world there are no weapons. All they had to do is not believe they were a slave. History is ripe with a well armed minority subjugating a majority. Actually it was the European colonization model part of divide and conquer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies