Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 10:25 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, yeah, it is really "fiction" that Trump lies more than any human on the planet. How you can ignore and defend those lies is amazing. Anyone with half a brain can see how often he lies, and they are getting bigger all the time.
What is with you people responding to posts not addressed to you?

Weird.

In any case, I was not defending anything.

Merely commenting on all the bizarre speculations of another poster that are based on nothing other than her own imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 10:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
A lot of you are too lazy to even open your own eyes, and you expect other people to do it for you.
I'll do one, and then I'll quit wasting my keystrokes on people that don't deserve my time....
January 20 2017: Time Magazine White House correspondent Zeke Miller incorrectly reported that the bust of Martin Luther King Jr. had been removed from the Oval Office.
mmmm - -- not exactly -- Zeke reported he did not see it......It ended up being corrected within the hour. And it was Zeke who sought out the correction/facts.

Donald Trump Oval Office Martin Luther King Bust Reporting | Time

Zeke was in the Oval Office on Friday night as part of the press pool on hand to document one of President Trump’s first official acts. He wrote a brief report, naming the aides who were there and noting that a bust of Winston Churchill was present in a new spot. Asked by other reporters about the bust of Martin Luther King, Jr., Zeke said he had looked for it and not seen it. As a result, a pool report by another reporter sent out at 7:31 p.m., based partly on Zeke’s observations, included this: “More decorating details: Apart from the return of the Churchill bust, the MLK bust was no longer on display.”

“I should not have allowed unconfirmed information to end up in a pool report,” Zeke says. Within minutes, when inquiries began to come in about the missing bust, Zeke reviewed videos and wire photos, and tried to find a member of the White House staff who could answer whether the bust had been moved. He found an aide who went into the office to check and texted Zeke at 8:10 p.m. that the bust was there.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:28 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
^ Are you really going to believe that?
These people lose their jobs once they lose their credibility.
They'd rather die than not craft an excuse.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:29 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Time Magazine White House correspondent Zeke Miller incorrectly reported that the bust of Martin Luther King Jr. had been removed from the Oval Office.
correct, miller had tweeted that the bust had been removed but tweeted a correction immediately ( 53 minutes ) after finding out he was mistaken.

a corrected error, not a lie.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct, miller had tweeted that the bust had been removed but tweeted a correction immediately ( 53 minutes ) after finding out he was mistaken.

a corrected error, not a lie.
False reporting is a lie, and it was a huge story at the time, so you understate those 53 minutes.
Its plain slander.
It was the most talked about event that day, in my circle.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
.... so you understate those 53 minutes.
wrong.

you can see the times on the tweets for yourself and do the math:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mlk-bust-oval-office/

Old 05-05-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
wrong.

you can see the times on the tweets for yourself and do the math:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mlk-bust-oval-office/
You misunderstood, I wasn't referring to the number of minutes being understated, I was referring to the impact of those 53 minutes.
You understate those 53 minutes, because you think 53 minutes isn't long enough to reach audiences everywhere.
As if apologizing 53 minutes later makes it ok....
I've never heard anybody talk about the apology/retraction in casual conversation, they only talk about the original story.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I've never heard anybody talk about the apology/retraction...
then try a websearch for "zeke miller mlk bust". all the top links directly discuss the retraction.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
^ Are you really going to believe that?
These people lose their jobs once they lose their credibility.
They'd rather die than not craft an excuse.
Yes I do believe it. It was a pool report that was corrected within minutes of being sent out.

I'm surprised you don't.

Oh wait -- anything that doesn't support your view is fake news -- oops I forgot.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
then try a websearch for "zeke miller mlk bust". all the top links directly discuss the retraction.
I saw Miller's retraction early last year when it happened, because I follow Trump's world very closely, and the scum who write about him.
But most people don't follow it closely, and that is what I was referring to when I said "casual conversation"-
I've never heard anybody talk about the apology/retraction in casual conversation, they only talk about the original story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies