Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 10:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I don't want to be bitter, I do not want to be petty.................near the end, I want to gracefully accept my fate. Wow, there must be some very bad blood between Mccain and Trump!
It’s between the high road and the gutter. McCain has always believed, to his core, in sacrifice, honor and allegiance to something larger than oneself. Trump believes in Trump, and whatever wreckage he causes in deference to that god is of no concern.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Over the last few years, McCain has managed to ruin his legacy. I can't help but wonder if the brain cancer interfered with his actions.
What about people who disdain Trump who don't have brain cancer, or anything resembling an actual clinical diagnosis of a mental illness?

(and don't bring up the title of Michael Wiener/Savage's book, because that's an instant credibility destroyer right there)

Speaking of which, does this guy really seem sane to you? Just curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ups4FeSuHvY

Old 05-05-2018, 11:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Why should he want a draft dodger who has repeatedly ostracized him?

Old 05-05-2018, 11:25 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
McCain was against Obamacare until the final vote was cast and McCain voted to keep Obamacare.

McCain had Cadillac Health insurance for him and his family but caused my family and million of other families to be stuck with the burden of high premiums.

McCain, is why term limits should be implemented!

Why on earth, would Trump even if McCain hasn’t said what is reported, even consider to go to McCains funeral!

McCain was one of the people who was involved in the Fake Dossier against Trump.

I guess Karma is the word to use why McCain never won the Presidential elections and why MCCain ended as a nasty man who couldn’t admit that we now have a great President, something McCain could never have been.

We were saved from McCain as President and that would never have lead to this great Presidency.

Nobody wants to loose a family member and I’m sorry for his family but after what McCain has shown us, who he was...that’s not someone that belonged in the Republican Party.

McCain should have resigned years ago.
All members of Congress have the same health insurance. McCain didn’t have anything different then the rest. And Trump is not even close to being a great president. He is such a narcissistic and an embarrassment.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:40 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess he didn't want the far more accomplished at being a drama queen Trump at his funeral.
+1!

Old 05-06-2018, 01:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Trump hasn't killed as many babies as McCain has so he doesn't get his respect.

Trump is working on it, John. Please reconsider.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:36 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump attacked McCain who is a real American and put his life on the line for his country. Why would McCain want Trump at his funeral after that? This seems completely understandable. The same party that claims to support the military, reveres Trump who avoided service, and attacks McCain for "getting captured".
Ridiculous (and I'm not even a Republican).

The only one (that I've ever heard that is) idiotic enough to attack McCain for "getting captured" is Trump.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:17 AM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
McCain reminds me of Comey a bit.
They both push this pure boy scout image and take themselves too seriously to the point of pompously looking down on anyone they disagree with.
Whereas Trump doesn't try to disguise his intentions with fake purity, he's aggressive in an average joe way.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Along with reports that the plan is for Bush and Obama to give eulogies at McCain's eventual funeral, and that his family is at his Arizona ranch, the end must be near.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-house-n871641
Countries in the Middle East don't want us there and McCain still votes to go there. Don't do as I do, do as I say.

At least on policy we know where McCain is coming from. Granted often enough his policies stink but he's not that flip flopping kind like trump or obama or bush.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Ridiculous (and I'm not even a Republican).

The only one (that I've ever heard that is) idiotic enough to attack McCain for "getting captured" is Trump.
It was about granting him "hero" status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies