Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 03:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Melinda Gates said that Presidents need to have “our” morals and values!

I have no problem with her wealth, but I do have a problem with their picking and choosing what morals
And values we all have to agree to as clearly Melinda Gates is not an example as she was silent on Bill Clinton.
don't you agree that, as a country, we have shared morals, such as honesty, fidelity, freedom of speech, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 03:32 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This has got to be one of the most ironic posts ever.

Many who railed against Clinton’s morals are silent about, and/or actively dismiss, Trump’s behavior.
Franklin Graham springs immediately to mind, not to mention you OP.

Why do you feel that Mrs. Gates should be held to a different/higher standard?
She used the words “ours” in a way like she was speaking for all of us.

I would not have an issue if there is one sound bite of her in the media, calling Bill Clinton out...even once!

Zero sound bites of the hypocrite!

Old 05-06-2018, 04:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
You're asking the wrong question.

The question shouldn't be, where was Melinda Gates then? If you want to know where she was then, she wasn't involved in public matters then.

However, the real question is, where are all the Republicans who excoriated Clinton about Lewinski, but aren't saying much about Stormy, or anything else? All the GOP talk about morals and values that they used to spout - all quiet on that score these days.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, that is what they are saying, and have been saying since the election. We are the Deplorables. Racist, Sexist, Homophobes, Islamphobes, Xenophobes, etc. They are continuing Hillary's mantra.
How do you know it was Hillary's mantra? Maybe she hijacked all that from the other 260 million.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:17 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:

I would not have an issue if there is one sound bite of her in the media, calling Bill Clinton out...even once!

Haaar! Run with it BB run as fast as your widdle feets can carry you. You've got us all on pins and needles. Run widdle BB.........

But Hillary...........

But Obama..........

But Alfred E. Newman...........

Old 05-06-2018, 05:50 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I don't care if one supports Trump, but at least support him honestly.

Trump has no morals or ethics that most Americans would recognize who do not live in a 6x6 cell.

Trumpers voted for him because he has no morals or no ethics.

Stop living in denial.
I do not like Trump, as you know if you have read my posts, but this is an unfair accusation.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:55 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...l-leader-video

Melinda Gates said that Presidents need to have “our” morals and values!

She then goes further about Trump tweets, etc.

Where was her remark about Bill Clinton having an intern “suc.... his di..”

I have no problem with her wealth, but I do have a problem with their picking and choosing what morals
And values we all have to agree to as clearly Melinda Gates is not an example as she was silent on Bill Clinton.
Melinda Gates said nothing about Donald Trumps personal life behavior. Melinda Gates said the following,

"No matter who the president is he or she has a responsibility to be a moral authority in the country and be a role model. I think some of the views today coming out from Twitter from this president don't represent our views of women in society. I'm in the school system a lot all over the country, and what principles and staff and teachers are teaching the kids is whats important in this country, about not bullying, about treating people equally, having respect. And he (Trump) has just made their job a lot harder."

"We absolutely want to work with whatever administration that comes into office. The US government is too important around the world and our role in the world is too important not to work with them. We feel like we can work hand and hand with (Trump) in partnership with the foundation."

"This administration is making major budget cuts, proposing major budget cuts in foreign aid. The message that sends to the rest of the world about do we care about others, and our ability to create markets to help countries move from low to middle income countries, and to create markets for ourselves, we're pulling back on that. So that is a big concern of my husband and I."

Old 05-06-2018, 06:13 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:

Lots of people do that. It happens on here all the time. "We," "they," "them," "us..."

I often question this, as well, when I do not feel like I am part of that "we" or "they," but there's really no reason to single out Melinda Gates for doing something so very, very common.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Melinda Gates said nothing about Donald Trumps personal life behavior. Melinda Gates said the following,

"No matter who the president is he or she has a responsibility to be a moral authority in the country and be a role model. I think some of the views today coming out from Twitter from this president don't represent our views of women in society. I'm in the school system a lot all over the country, and what principles and staff and teachers are teaching the kids is whats important in this country, about not bullying, about treating people equally, having respect. And he (Trump) has just made their job a lot harder."

"We absolutely want to work with whatever administration that comes into office. The US government is too important around the world and our role in the world is too important not to work with them. We feel like we can work hand and hand with (Trump) in partnership with the foundation."

"This administration is making major budget cuts, proposing major budget cuts in foreign aid. The message that sends to the rest of the world about do we care about others, and our ability to create markets to help countries move from low to middle income countries, and to create markets for ourselves, we're pulling back on that. So that is a big concern of my husband and I."

Thanks for posting this.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:36 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I saw a conspiracy site that posited that Donald Trump wasn't actually the one banging Stormy. It was Trump Jr. And that's why he's getting divorced! They think that Donald Sr. is "taking the fall" for his son's trangressions because he's just *that* saintly. Crazy stuff.
Trump Jr screwed someone else and got caught, that's why the divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies