Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 08:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Get real. Melania is not addressing cyberbullying.

No initiatives, no action plans, ... nothing but her nattering vague platitudes in awkward English, and passing out a brochure someone in the Obama administration wrote.

She was sent out to provide a bit of cover for Sessions separating kids from parents and Trump's proposal to cut funding for CHIP.

She did the best she could, given that she has demonstrated little interest in cyberbullying.

She'd do better supporting pilates for all. Or fashion magazines. Those are her actual interests.
I was thinking the same thing. Although Melania has made announcements, she has done nothing to achieve her proclaimed goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Most leftists can hardly even speak our language properly, let alone speak 6 languages fluently like Melania can. I smell jealousy on their end.
How many languages does Trump speak other than English in poor grammar?

Old 05-11-2018, 08:44 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
For Godsake, it says right on the first page of the pamphlet where it originated.

I can't wait for the next Malania scandal: "Malania Tends to White House Rose Garden, Declines to Plant Daisies and Violets -- Why Does She Hate Diversity??"
It says that now. As previously noted by another poster here, it didn't say that initially. It was quickly edited after the blooper/plagiarism was discovered.

I am not convinced it was deliberate plagiarism on Melania's part, as I doubt if she understands the concept and significance of intellectual theft of this kind. But her staff who facilitated this surely should be questioned about their part in this - looks like very shoddy, careless work to me.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
It says that now. It didn't say that initially. It was quickly edited after the blooper/plagiarism was discovered.

I am not convinced it was deliberate plagiarism on Melania's part, as I doubt if she understands the concept and significance of intellectual theft of this kind. But her staff who facilitated this surely should be questioned about their part in this - looks like very shoddy, careless work to me.
I think Melania's MO is to procrastinate responsibilities and then quickly copy ideas.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Most leftists can hardly even speak our language properly, let alone speak 6 languages fluently like Melania can. I smell jealousy on their end.
You left yourself wide open with that one...it's just way too easy to disprove.

Quote:
Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values. And these differences have increased over the past two decades.

More than half of those with postgraduate experience (54%) have either consistently liberal political values (31%) or mostly liberal values (23%), based on an analysis of their opinions about the role and performance of government, social issues, the environment and other topics. Fewer than half as many postgrads – roughly 12% of the public in 2015– have either consistently conservative (10%) or mostly conservative (14%) values. About one-in-five (22%) express a mix of liberal and conservative opinions.

Among adults who have completed college but have not attended graduate school (approximately 16% of the public), 44% have consistently or mostly liberal political values, while 29% have at least mostly conservative values; 27% have mixed ideological views.
Ideological Gap Widens Between More, Less Educated Adults | Pew Research Center

Old 05-11-2018, 08:54 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
It appears that Melania has a lot less staff than did previous First Ladies, and I suspect those she does have get stuck with tasks that are not in their areas of expertise. Procrastination and lack of interest may also be issues.

Melania certainly does not appear to enjoy much about her position as First Lady, whereas others have found at least a few aspects of the position to enjoy and in which to invest their time and energies.

I expect it's not easy to be First Lady, her true individual private self - and Mrs. Donald Trump. Quite a juggling act, and it's not surprising that only one or two balls are in the air at any given time, and even those get dropped on occasion.

"Is mystery." (see Rogue Melania on Twitter, who appears to have a lot more personality and drive than does the real one).

Old 05-11-2018, 09:30 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

It's a compliment to Obama, plain and simple.
As another tribute to Michelle Obama, Melania will do her next appearance in blackface.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:47 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
You guys can argue about bullying, while bullying each other, for another 50 pages in this thread.

The name of her 'movement' is terrible and meaningless, and nobody is questioning that.

It is not going to work for the same reason Nancy Reagan's 'Just Say No' thing did not work.

Someone in the admin decided Melania needed to have an initiative. I doubt it was even her idea.

This is all rather pointless and a waste of time. Anyone who believes any of this will have any affect on cyber bullying is being totally unrealistic.

https://dreamcenterforrecovery.com/just-say-no-failure/

Old 05-11-2018, 11:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You guys can argue about bullying, while bullying each other, for another 50 pages in this thread.

The name of her 'movement' is terrible and meaningless, and nobody is questioning that.

It is not going to work for the same reason Nancy Reagan's 'Just Say No' thing did not work.

Someone in the admin decided Melania needed to have an initiative. I doubt it was even her idea.

This is all rather pointless and a waste of time. Anyone who believes any of this will have any affect on cyber bullying is being totally unrealistic.

https://dreamcenterforrecovery.com/just-say-no-failure/
Being so condescending and righteous while being so ignorant of the facts is a bad look.

Nobody in the admin decided she needed to have a cause, Dolly Madison started the trend nearly 200 years ago.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:59 PM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
It says that now. As previously noted by another poster here, it didn't say that initially. It was quickly edited after the blooper/plagiarism was discovered.

That poster was probably spinning the truth. The booklet did have the FTC acknowledgement from the start, it was the website it was on that was worded a little differently and that wording was quickly changed. (Is Melania supposed to create websites, too?)

"The main piece of evidence supporting the “plagiarism” charge is that the pamphlet was originally presented on the White House web site as a booklet “by First Lady Melania Trump and the Federal Trade Commission,” in reference to the First Lady’s having contributed an introduction to the “Talking with Kids About Being Online” pamphlet. That wording was soon updated to describe “Talking with Kids about Being Online” as “a Federal Trade Commission booklet, promoted by First Lady Melania Trump.” At no point did Melania Trump take credit for (or claim she had written) the entire pamphlet."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...rize-pamphlet/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies