Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 02:01 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times

Advertisements

They should be separated, turned back, not allowed in. As we see with DACA now, even the slightest hint of kindness towards any children will result in a backlash when it is time to send the children/now grown adults back. Same with the temporary statuses, where now that they end, people start whining and crying about having to leave.

Solution; stop being kind, those benefiting from it will cry and whine about it.

Sessions has now put out a warning, it is up to the parents to abide by it or not, it is their choice and their choice alone.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I wonder what this means. It's on the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

People seem to have forgot.
Hey, thanks for posting.

That little haiku is a perfect example of anti-borders emotional manipulation authored by often politically disingenuous liberals with deep ethnic concerns and personal interests that they feel are assisted by open borders.

These people are ruthless manipulators of the public faith, and underminers of the public good, for personal interest.

Let me illustrate.

Do you know who The New Colossus (the rap lyric that you just posted) it was written by?

That was written by a deeply committed ethno-nationalist Zionist named Emma Lazarus.

Lazarus had a deep personal interest in her admittance into the United States.

She wasn't a natural born citizen, and certainly was not a liberal, but instead was someone with a deep interest in receiving a personal benefit that would stem from more immigration of her people to the Unites States.

She later worked solely to help her people, and did not assimilate into the greater US in culture nor in who she worked to assist. Not unusual you say? I disagree.

Its somewhat unusual to pen a florid poem to immigration, which was later posted on the Statue of Liberty, and then work to solely assist your people and not to integrate. After all, a true liberal would do otherwise.

Still not unusual?

How about this. She is held to be one of the earliest, if not the first modern advocate for a Jewish homeland.

Now, whatever spin you might choose to engage in, sane and honest people know that such a deeply held ethno-nationalist position as wanting a homeland for only your people is directly contradictory to her (now revealed to be solely self interested and manipulative) poetic plea for immigration tolerance.

The woman who wrote that poem was not principled in the least, but rather a committed ethno-nationalist who would gladly seek to foist the opposite political ideology on foreigners when it was in her interest to do so.

So, yes, please post The New Colossus as frequently as you would like, so that we can continuously out the morality free hypocrisy of the Left wing politics in this nation, of its enablers, and of its beneficiaries.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:07 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Really? Mandatory everify? Jailing those who employ them? Making laws about not renting to them?

Bull. We're not even enforcing the laws we have on employers of illegals.

Yes we need to enforce the laws already on the books.
Mandatory e-verify is in the budget yet to be passed by congress. As long as the bleeding hearts continue with legal help for illegals to sue employers and landlords for discrimination policy like Sessions will have to do to discourage border crossing.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:32 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
He needs children for his labor force in his Keebler Factory..

Old 05-08-2018, 03:05 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Hey, thanks for posting.

That little haiku is a perfect example of anti-borders emotional manipulation authored by often politically disingenuous liberals with deep ethnic concerns and personal interests that they feel are assisted by open borders.

These people are ruthless manipulators of the public faith, and underminers of the public good, for personal interest.

Let me illustrate.

Do you know who The New Colossus (the rap lyric that you just posted) it was written by?

That was written by a deeply committed ethno-nationalist Zionist named Emma Lazarus.

Lazarus had a deep personal interest in her admittance into the United States.

She wasn't a natural born citizen, and certainly was not a liberal, but instead was someone with a deep interest in receiving a personal benefit that would stem from more immigration of her people to the Unites States.

She later worked solely to help her people, and did not assimilate into the greater US in culture nor in who she worked to assist. Not unusual you say? I disagree.

Its somewhat unusual to pen a florid poem to immigration, which was later posted on the Statue of Liberty, and then work to solely assist your people and not to integrate. After all, a true liberal would do otherwise.

Still not unusual?

How about this. She is held to be one of the earliest, if not the first modern advocate for a Jewish homeland.

Now, whatever spin you might choose to engage in, sane and honest people know that such a deeply held ethno-nationalist position as wanting a homeland for only your people is directly contradictory to her (now revealed to be solely self interested and manipulative) poetic plea for immigration tolerance.

The woman who wrote that poem was not principled in the least, but rather a committed ethno-nationalist who would gladly seek to foist the opposite political ideology on foreigners when it was in her interest to do so.

So, yes, please post The New Colossus as frequently as you would like, so that we can continuously out the morality free hypocrisy of the Left wing politics in this nation, of its enablers, and of its beneficiaries.
I don't care who wrote it. It was taught to us at school over and over again how USA is a land of immigrants, one's who wanted to build a better life. It was taught to show how welcoming the USA was to those rejected in their own lands. And so were you. Don't pretend you were not. (unless you are a millenial, and then all bets are off.)

Old 05-08-2018, 03:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
I don't care who wrote it. It was taught to us at school over and over again how USA is a land of immigrants, one's who wanted to build a better life. It was taught to show how welcoming the USA was to those rejected in their own lands. And so were you. Don't pretend you were not. (unless you are a millenial, and then all bets are off.)
And the US takes in many, many immigrants, and there is a legal process to do so. A lot of my family and my wife are legal immigrants, all went through the process.

You want certain people to be special and above others, who do the correct and lawful thing, you essentially want favoritism for certain groups, for the law not to apply to them, yet apply to others.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:47 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
And the US takes in many, many immigrants, and there is a legal process to do so. A lot of my family and my wife are legal immigrants, all went through the process.

You want certain people to be special and above others, who do the correct and lawful thing, you essentially want favoritism for certain groups, for the law not to apply to them, yet apply to others.
Don't presume things. I find it reprehensible that the top law official in the country sets a policy that separates children from their parents, and that there are so many that think that is a policy that should be followed. No showing of humanity towards the children at all.

There are many other ways that can be handled. First of all, where is the due process? The family can be detained together. Other countries do so, but oh no, 'Murica no longer has the heart it used to have. And darn proud of it, apparently.

How sick is that?

Old 05-08-2018, 03:54 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
People should be deterred from transporting children across several borders on an inherently dangerous journey. It's in the future interest of all such children to deter this behavior.
So you think Sessions wants to implement this based on what's best for the children. I doubt that based on what some of the supports are posting here. It's quite evident to those of us that know how to read between the lines can see that they and Sessions don't give a rats ass about those kids.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:02 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Canada. Because Canada doesn't immediately jail illegal immigrants without due process.

You know, the place everyone is covered by healthcare and where people live longer than in the USA. Your northern neighbor. You know, the place that doesn't have the USA problem with white terrorists, the school shootings, the obesity crisis or the prison population as a percentage of population.

As an off topic side note,.......

As I type this, I happen to be in Canada on a business trip.
One of my Canadian counter parts told me he has to be careful because he's on light duty waiting for a hernia operation.

He's been waiting for three months and he said that's a good thing because it gave him more time to save towards the $4000 that he will have to pay as his share of his "universal healthcare".

Old 05-08-2018, 04:05 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did anyone ever expect the US government to emulate the Nazis while some Americans cheer them on?
You obviously have no clue as to what the Nazis did.

Anyway, let's play along with you---what concentration camp will these kids be sent to? Will they make it out alive? What about their parents?

It's truly despicable to bring Nazis into this conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies