Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why would anyone want to watch Nazis on TV? We fought a world war to get rid of the bastards. They need to stay dead.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Separating the children from their parent is cruel and immoral, and no spin will make it otherwise.
You know what - as a parent and a grandparent there is NO WAY I would involve my kids in this sort of risk. If I knew "Hey, if I break the law, my kids and grandkids might get separated from me," well, I wouldn't do it.

It's irresponsible parenting.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You know what - as a parent and a grandparent there is NO WAY I would involve my kids in this sort of risk. If I knew "Hey, if I break the law, my kids and grandkids might get separated from me," well, I wouldn't do it.

What if your children's lives were in danger where you lived? To what lengths would you go to protect them?

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why would anyone want to watch Nazis on TV? We fought a world war to get rid of the bastards. They need to stay dead.
Calling the WH press corps Nazis is a bit rough, most of them are complete morons but Nazis? Come on...

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Proving that it is not the illegals themselves but their children who are the problem. That is even more reason to lock them up now and make sure they never get loose in our society. Those crying children on TV are the gang bangers of tomorrow.

Wow, that's a big 180 in 18 months. Really sad to see. Apparently Trump has a new breed of supporters that have no empathy for even small children.

Quote:

Which speaks to how truly desperate these parents are. What if a parent is sure that if they don't run, their children will be murdered?

"The number of asylum requests by Central Americans is rising because Northern Triangle countries are experiencing record levels of violence."

https://www.wola.org/analysis/fact-s...sylum-seekers/

Old 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Some of them to their deaths?

I know you don't give a damn about the Bible, not the parts about compassion toward foreigners anyway, that's more than obvious, after all Jesus said "suffer the little children..." (don't read the rest of it!), but I thought I'd leave this here:

Rescue those being led away to death;
hold back those staggering toward slaughter.

If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,”
does not He who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not He who guards your life know it?
Will He not repay everyone according to what they have done?

Proverbs 24:11-12
Where does it say to force your beliefs on others?

Get rid of the welfare state and do not reward those who break the law entering America illegally.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I see, so only the bank robber is guilty but not the one driving the get-away car? No one forces these illegals over the border to work here and they know what they are doing is wrong so they are just as guilty as those who hire them.

No one seeking asylum at a legal port of entry is being separated from their kids. I have posted a link several times proving it. It is only those parents that entered our country illegally with their kids that it is happening to as they are going to jail. Want their kids in jail with them? Since when do American law breakers get to take their kids to jail with them?
We will just have to agree to disagree then. I won't change my mind though. Trump owns all of this mess and is holding these kids hostage just to get the $ for his wall. Mexico isn't going to pay for it like he said before. He could care less about border issues and will keep his base fired up to deflect from all the other lies he spews.
How do you people defend this man who lies just about every time he opens his mouth? Oh I remember it's all that "fake" news

Old 06-18-2018, 04:02 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You cannot request asylum unless you are on US soil. You CANNOT "wait outside" the us while seeking asylum.

Please stop lying.
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-united-states
It can be done by going to a US embassy/consulate:

https://immigration-law.freeadvice.c...an_embassy.htm

Old 06-18-2018, 04:03 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:

What these families know is this: "If I continue to live in my native country, my kids might get KILLED." See the difference??

Old 06-18-2018, 04:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You cannot request asylum unless you are on US soil. You CANNOT "wait outside" the us while seeking asylum.

Please stop lying.
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-united-states
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It can be done by going to a US embassy/consulate:

https://immigration-law.freeadvice.c...an_embassy.htm
Greywar is right and is quoting from the USCIS government site. Bos2iad is wrong and is quoting from a free legal advice page. Oy vey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies