Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 05:24 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Speaking of "ignorant of the facts," it appears you have been misinformed.

There is no law calling for family separation at the border.

This is a Trump administration policy.
No. You apparently did not read carefully what I posted.

Trump did not change the law. He is merely enforcing the law.

Enforcing the law as it was written and enacted years ago does not equate to a new policy.

Read the article to which I linked. It explains the situation in fairly clear language.

The issue is not as simple as you are trying to make it or mistakenly believe.

I don't want people coming in to the US illegally.

If you don't wish to see families separated, then I suppose you are in favor of building a wall?

Old 06-18-2018, 05:26 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You have been misinformed
No, I have NOT. Dems don't bat an eye when US citizen African-Americans are separated from their children for violating the law, But heaven forbid it's an illegal alien family. Well, hell... ignore their law violations and roll out the red carpet for them.

Do you really NOT see how very incredibly racist that is, not to mention it's NEVER a good idea to favor illegal aliens over US citizens?

Old 06-18-2018, 05:40 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Scaramucci, a staunch Trump defender,

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/statu...22963920678912

Old 06-18-2018, 05:41 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
"The conservative editorial page of The New York Post, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation, agreed on Sunday. “It’s not just that this looks terrible in the eyes of the world,” it wrote. “It is terrible.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/u...eparation.html

Old 06-18-2018, 05:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It takes 60 votes in the Senate to invoke cloture.
So what you are saying is even though repubs have majority in all aspects of government Dems are still in control?
Also while its convenient to say these illegals shouldnt come here fact remains they are here and thousands of their kids are being separated from parents, just saying they shouldnt be here will not solve the problem, whats trumps plan?

Old 06-18-2018, 05:47 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
why hasn't Congress fixed the immigration problem. Anybody have a copy of the Democratic proposal to fix immigration?

Old 06-18-2018, 05:48 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Hillary Clinton was wrong about half of Trump’s supporters being deplorable and iredeemable.

She forgot to include the other half.

Donald Trump could order ICE to murder “illegal” immigrant children on live TV and most of his supporters (aka most Republicans) would cheer him on. Like the white families a century ago who went to see black people be tortured and murdered (lynched) and brought their children with them, some sandwiches and lemonade, and a picnic blanket for the “fun” afternoon.

I think you Trump supporters enjoy watching the people you don’t like suffer. You people are truly despicable in your sadism and cruelty. Don’t even pretend to protest, because you forgot to put your white hoods on. I see you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
You are correct. Right now Trump is testing the water to see what he can get away with. His supporters are for this. They believe every word that comes out of his mouth. They accept the hate he
preaches. If he said to send in the troops and kill them all because that is the solution, they would thank him for it. Even the Republicans in office are backing him up in regards to this one. No one here seems to care about the children or those running in fear from their country. Trump has caused people to hate Hispanics, Muslims, and Blacks, but wait, they already did. His final solution, like Hitler's wont be pretty. People put you and i down because they dont know history and they dont see what Trump is doing.

I think you both need to lay off whatever it is you are having. If there is anyone who doesn't care about these illegals it is the liberals. They know what is in store for those coming here illegally. They want them to risk their lives anyway so that they can get their votes. The problem is, dead illegals can't vote like dead Americans can. All the blustering about "caring so much about the migrants" is nothing less than BS.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:49 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So what you are saying is even though repubs have majority in all aspects of government Dems are still in control?
Yes. For most bills, currently, Dems can block them from ever being called for a vote in the Senate. Reconciliation can be used in very limited circumstances on certain budgetary legislation on spending, revenues, and the federal debt limit with a simple majority vote in both the House and Senate (51 votes instead of 60).
Quote:
Also while its convenient to say these illegals shouldnt come here fact remains they are here and thousands of their kids are being separated from parents, just saying they shouldnt be here will not solve the problem, whats trumps plan?
I'm not buying it. US citizens are separated from their kids when they're arrested/incarcerated for violating the law. Why should illegal aliens have MORE rights than US citizens?

Old 06-18-2018, 05:49 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
It just amazes me how all these people just pour into this country illegally . Then they demand their so called rights, at our expense. The news keeps pushing these stories of inhumane treatment of these people. Yet we neglect and don't take care of our own citizens.

Are we not suppose to notice this.

I'm sorry for the people that pour into this country illegally, however they are doing it illegally. None of us can just decide to illegally enter their countries. We would be arrested.

I think the whole mess needs some tough love. We are not responsible for all these people.

We are being bullied to accept this culture, of becoming the countries all these people come from. illegally. No one wants to face up to this.

I'm sorry when the US has the poverty it does among its own. The neglect the US Govt, and much of society shows its own. We have so much poverty and problems with crime in the US.

I'm sorry when a country can't take care of its own. It has no business taking the world's troubled souls. It is a bullying tactic from these 3rd World Countries.

I'm so fed up with the News this morning I had to turn it off. Our own news networks making America look like a inhumane monster. We did not tell all these people to come here, yet we are.to be blamed.

Its a shame the news isn't reporting on how many Americans slept on the street all night. Or all the elderly rationing the limited food, and medicine they have. Or all the kids that have to worry about all the school shootings.

Something is very inhumane towards American citizens also. Such as who is suppose to pay all the bills, due to these constant flow of people pouring in.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:07 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Anybody have a copy of the Democratic proposal to fix immigration?
The minority party rarely gets a say in policy when they don't control the House, Senate or Executive branch. They do sometimes get a voice when the majority party can't coalesce around a bill and need to compromise with the minority party to push the bill over the 218-vote mark.

That's not to say Democrats have a solution. That's just to say that even if they did, it likely wouldn't be put in play anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies